Resmed S9 latest firmware 905

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
RogerSC

Re: Resmed S9 latest firmware 905

Post by RogerSC » Wed May 22, 2013 10:52 am

Luckily, I was right on the cusp, Jan. 25, 2012 and got 903. I hear that 905 appeared about then. But I have to say, it doesn't really bother me, 903 isn't bad, seems to be working fine *smile*. While it would nice to have release notes for the various versions, the next step for me is most likely the next machine. I don't see ResMed taking on the liability of allowing home upgrades.
ResMed AirSense 10 Autoset
Philips Respironics Dreamwear nasal mask

STL Mark

Post by STL Mark » Wed May 22, 2013 2:30 pm

I saw my first 0907 in April of this year. I would assume that the software level is altered as a source for specific parts inside changes and new drivers are required. I would doubt that software levels are compatible with various builds of the machine.

I have no real knowledge of how this works with Resmed and am basing this on other scientific equipment I have been exposed to. The process is much different than the typical consumer electronics usage of firmware.

Mode: ASVAuto, Min EPAP: 4, Max EPAP: 15, Min PS: 3, Max PS: 15, Ramp: Off - Original Titration: 18

beylow

Post by beylow » Thu May 23, 2013 2:13 am

Last year April, I've got my S9 updated from 0604 to 0905 by ResMed support personnel. The motherboard was replace since 0905 version includes more than software changes.
BTW, the skewness problem was solved in 0905.

StuUnderPressure

Post by StuUnderPressure » Thu May 23, 2013 1:05 pm

beylow wrote:Last year April, I've got my S9 updated from 0604 to 0905 by ResMed support personnel. The motherboard was replace since 0905 version includes more than software changes.
BTW, the skewness problem was solved in 0905.
Did you deal directly with ResMed?
Or, did you have to go through a DME Provider?

If you don't mind sharing, what did this cost you?

It is my understanding that ResMed will always change out the entire motherboard. They can not or will not just flash the updates.

SD Card Formatter 5.0.2 https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/format ... index.html

RoRo

Post by RoRo » Fri May 24, 2013 6:23 am

I just received my S9 Autoset last Tuesday. It has the 907 firmware....and it DOES work with Sleepyhead. I've compared the data reported in both Sleepyhead and Rescan software and they are practically identical. BTW..I'm using the PR 60 series update with Sleepyhead as I was using a PR DS460 prior to the S9. I don't know if you need the 60 series update or not in order to use it with the 907 firmware...

iglehart

Post by iglehart » Fri May 24, 2013 2:47 pm

Question, how do I check the firmware level? I just got my AutoSet today and I see a number in the settings
SX474-0602. Is the last 4 digits the ones you guys are referring to? If so why would a brand new unit have such outdated firmware?
Should I call and demand a newer unit.

Also when I got the unit it said run hours 233.7. I know in the factory they probably do some testing but 233 hours?
I think maybe I got a used unit?

Any thought?

StuUnderPressure

Post by StuUnderPressure » Fri May 24, 2013 3:57 pm

iglehart wrote:Question, how do I check the firmware level? I just got my AutoSet today and I see a number in the settings
SX474-0602. Is the last 4 digits the ones you guys are referring to? If so why would a brand new unit have such outdated firmware?
Should I call and demand a newer unit.

Also when I got the unit it said run hours 233.7. I know in the factory they probably do some testing but 233 hours?
I think maybe I got a used unit?

Any thought?
The machines with the internal software Version SX474-0602 probably were manufactured approximately March - June 2011 - so it was manufactured approximately 2 years ago.

If it had 233.7 "Run Hours" on it, it is definitely a used machine.

Any factory testing does not show up as "Run Hours".

Even if the DME spent some time setting it up & if they had it turned on for any reasons during that set up (highly unlikely), you still would be looking at only a fraction of 1 Hour (i.e. only a few minutes).

If it were "me", I would demand that it be exchanged for a machine with zero "Run Hours".

And since we now know that the internal software version is up to 0907, I would also demand that the machine they give you in exchange have that updated internal software of SX474-0907.

klansman

Post by klansman » Thu Oct 17, 2013 5:13 am

When you check your machine for firmware, how does one go about updating it? And where do you go to to get the update?

I got my machine, an S9, from the VA just 30 days ago and it has the 0907 version that y'all are talking about. So where do I go to so I can check for more updates?

thanks!

StuUnderPressure

Post by StuUnderPressure » Thu Oct 17, 2013 2:54 pm

I am assuming you have the ResMed S9 machine.

The firmware in the S9 canNOT be updated.

The machine must be sent into ResMed by a DME (they won't deal directly with you). They then change the entire board to one with a newer version instead of just updating the firmware.

My DME looked into doing it for me (in lieu of just getting an entirely new machine with the updated version already in it). They never gave me a price, but said it was just way too costly.

Besides, at 0907, you probably already have the latest version.
Or at least very close to it.

TheChuckster

Post by TheChuckster » Fri Oct 18, 2013 3:32 am

Your DME can't flash it either; only Resmed can, but I don't accept "no" for an answer. I'd have to look at the S9 motherboard, but there is probably a JTAG header on there. From there, you can figure out the protocol of whatever ROM chip they are using and flash it yourself. It'd be interesting to dump the contents of the ROM itself. That said, the firmware versions probably do coincide with board revisions, so yes, you would have to swap out the motherboard.