Ordering a battery pack

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
avi123

Re: Ordering a battery pack

Post by avi123 » Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:59 pm

cosmo wrote:
cosmo wrote:
C-222 CPAP Battery Pack $389
Lithium-ion cells (18.5 Ah)
Dimensions: 9.8"x5.9" x1.3"
Weight: 4 LBS
Level Indicator: 2500mAh
Average Run Time: 25-30 hours
Recharge Time: 5-6 hours
The Cicon-222 Battery will power your PR One CPAP machine for 50 hours: With the Humidifier turned off, and with a CPAP pressure of 10. The included recharger can then be used to fully charge your C-222 battery in only 5 hours.
I ordered that unit. I saw it for $299 and jumped on it. Everywhere else has it for $390 - $400.

I will also use it for an IntelliPAP AutoAdjust Travel CPAP Machine instead of the PR One machine I originally intended to be my travel machine.

Your Price: $425.00
On sale: $299.00
http://www.bestcpapprice.com/Compact-Po ... p_516.html

Question,

What about for Resmed S9 Autoset, and have you tried it out on it?

This Diehard 1150 Jump Starter is a no good b/c when connecting an S9 Autoset to its 110V inverter outlet then an inside fan starts making noise. Could be OK if you place it far away and use an extension cord.

http://www.sears.com/diehard-platinum-p ... ockType=G1

cosmo

Post by cosmo » Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:19 pm

There is no fan in this battery pack or in the $85 ResMed 12v converter unit itself. I'll test it out in a few days.

cosmo

Post by cosmo » Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:06 pm

I had been testing my battery pack for the past 4 nights. After 4 nights, I'm still at the 50% - 75% level. 3 green LED lights. Looks like I can do 5 days for sure. After using on day 3 is when the light jumped down.

The 4 nights are indicated on the screen shots with pressure/hours used.

The setup was with a ResMed S9 Autoset apap mode + ResMed 12v converter.

cosmo

Post by cosmo » Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:14 am

I stopped testing after 5 days. This was the final day.

JohnO

Post by JohnO » Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:31 am

cosmo wrote:I stopped testing after 5 days. This was the final day.
Wow. Five nights? Impressive. Was this with, or without the heated humidifier running?

That is a good price. I was thinking of ordering the newer, smaller, C-150 battery pack, but at that price, I'll accept the extra pound for the additional power!

With my PR System One 60 Series, is it correct that I don't need any additional convertor? It would appear to come with all the plugs you would ever need.

John

cosmo

Post by cosmo » Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:41 pm

JohnO wrote:
cosmo wrote:I stopped testing after 5 days. This was the final day.
Wow. Five nights? Impressive. Was this with, or without the heated humidifier running?

That is a good price. I was thinking of ordering the newer, smaller, C-150 battery pack, but at that price, I'll accept the extra pound for the additional power!

With my PR System One 60 Series, is it correct that I don't need any additional convertor? It would appear to come with all the plugs you would ever need.

John
This battery pack does not have the power head for the PR System One 60 Series. You will need to buy a separate DC cable. I just tested and the head for the 60 series and it is bigger than all that is included. Older models might work but I don't have one to test.

https://www.cpap.com/productpage/dc-pow ... hines.html

No humidifier was used as it draws way too much power. You can put it in passover mode with humidity settings off.

IntelliPAP machines are ok. I powered it on with the cable and everything was fine.

JohnO

Post by JohnO » Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:20 pm

cosmo wrote:
This battery pack does not have the power head for the PR System One 60 Series. You will need to buy a separate DC cable. I just tested and the head for the 60 series and it is bigger than all that is included.
All those connector heads, and the Series 60 uses a different head. Bummer. Thanks for the info. Still looking like it'll best fit my requirements.

quietmorning

Post by quietmorning » Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:59 pm

I purchased the power cord from cpap.com for the PR System One REMStar 60 Series Auto CPAP Machine to go with my back up batteries. I have a 6.6 and a 7.8, I'm going to test them both (starting tonight. . .scary scary) to see how long they run. I sent an email asking about the 6.6 battery (cpap.com's battery) to the people at cpap.com - and they said it should work the same without the heated hose as it did with my old machine. Back then I had a pressure of 6 now I'm at 8 and it will probably go up again before everything is back to the way it should be, so how long the batteries will last will be according to my pressure. Tonight I'm going to try it with the humidifier - tomorrow, if I have the courage to do so, I'll try it with passive humidity. . .and hope I don't end up with windburn from the cold air.

I may chicken completely out of that one, though.

cosmo

Post by cosmo » Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:39 pm

I wouldn't use the heated humidifier. It uses 5x or more power. It would probably not last one night.
Last edited by cosmo on Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

quietmorning

Post by quietmorning » Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:50 pm

cosmo wrote:I wouldn't use the heated humidifier. it uses 5 x or more power. it would probably not last one night.
Yeah, I know. . unfortunately, I REALLY don't do well with cold dry air. . . I will try it without the humidifier, but if my air ways start closing up, I'm turning that sucker on and will shoot for plan B. (Buy a different battery.)

quietmorning

Post by quietmorning » Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:17 pm

Well THAT went well. I got my new power cord and plugged my new machine into the 6.6 battery and my machine started beeping and had a notice that my machine needed servicing. Soooo. . .I plugged in the 7.8 battery. . . same thing. So I plugged the machine back into the wall - it was fine. Sooooo. . .while it was plugged into the wall (actually into the uninterruptable power supply) and changed the settings to no humidifier. . . then tried again. Still nothing. So, I guess I'll call the peeps at cpap.com and see if we can work this out. . . I know it's worked before for other people, so I must be doing something wrong. . .or the cord is bad. . .or the room is too cold for a battery to work. I dunno. Either way. . .at least I know I'll get some sleep tonight.

cosmo

Post by cosmo » Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:38 pm

When I said I wouldn't turn on the heated humidifier, I was trying to imply "do not use the heated humidifier!"

It probably trying draw more power than the battery can dish out. It can be dangerous as well.

archangle

Post by archangle » Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:35 am

cosmo wrote:It probably trying draw more power than the battery can dish out. It can be dangerous as well.
It's very unlikely that even with the humidifier and heated hose, you're exceeding the current capacity of the battery. It just won't run as long.

It's possible the battery pack could have a fuse or circuit breaker that limits current to less than this level of current. You could also have a worn out or poorly charged battery that "drops out" at that current. Or some sort of electrical fault or bad connection in the wiring.

Is there any chance the power connector is wrong and you have polarity reversed? Quietmorning, I think you're using the Respironics cable, which doesn't have the multiple adapter tips, right? i.e. you just plug one end into the cigarette plug and the other into the CPAP, no adapters or connectors in the middle.

quietmorning wrote:I purchased the power cord from cpap.com for the PR System One REMStar 60 Series Auto CPAP Machine to go with my back up batteries. I have a 6.6 and a 7.8, I'm going to test them both (starting tonight. . .scary scary) to see how long they run.
What is 6.6 and 7.8? Amp hours?

Please enter your equipment in your profile so we can help you.
Click here for information on the most common alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check for yourself.

Useful Links.

JohnO

Post by JohnO » Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:38 am

cosmo wrote: This battery pack does not have the power head for the PR System One 60 Series. You will need to buy a separate DC cable. I just tested and the head for the 60 series and it is bigger than all that is included.
Any suggestions on where I'd get a cable that would work between the PR System One Series 60 and the battery pack you purchased?

Thanks,

John

JohnO

Post by JohnO » Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:29 pm

cosmo wrote:
This battery pack does not have the power head for the PR System One 60 Series. You will need to buy a separate DC cable. I just tested and the head for the 60 series and it is bigger than all that is included.
Would I need something like this? It looks like the one end would fit a cigarette lighter opening. Is that what this battery pack takes?

https://www.cpap.com/productpage/dc-pow ... hines.html