"Invalid SD card, erase card data?"

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Chuck Connors

"Invalid SD card, erase card data?"

Post by Chuck Connors » Sat May 05, 2012 11:10 am

Any ideas on why I would see a display on my machine that states: "Invalid SD card, erase card data?" It prompts you to answer Yes or No. Thanks for any information you may have. -Chuck-

SleepyToo2

Re: "Invalid SD card, erase card data?"

Post by SleepyToo2 » Sat May 05, 2012 12:05 pm

I don't have a Resmed, so I may be completely wrong. However, that to me indicates that the card has not seated properly. Click No, then remove and reinsert the card. Hopefully that will fix it.

Lizistired

Post by Lizistired » Sat May 05, 2012 12:29 pm

And if that doesn't work, and you have already downloaded your data, just let it wipe the card. The machine stores all of your compliance data and will rewrite it to the card.

RandyJ

Post by RandyJ » Sat May 05, 2012 12:39 pm

This happened to me once. Ever since, I've locked the sd card before reading it on my computer and unlocked it again before reinserting into S9. Never had a problem since.

Alt masks Swift FX pillows, Mirage FX nasal mask, Mirage Quattro full face mask

macewa

Post by macewa » Sat May 05, 2012 12:54 pm

This morning when I put my card into the computer my computer said the card needed to be formatted before using. I took the card out and went back to my BiPap, put the card in, turned the machine on a few seconds, turned it off, brought card back to the computer and it read it. Go figure. I got a scare the other day as my card was still in the computer and my cat wanted my attention and started chewing on the card. On the outter side I have cat teeth indents. Am so happy it still works. LOL

robysue

Post by robysue » Sat May 05, 2012 2:27 pm

In Fall 2010 I would get that message when I downloaded data in to a copy of ResScan that was on a computer that was infected with some virus that I didn't know about at the time. Once I discovered the virus and removed it, I never had the problem again.

portiemom

Post by portiemom » Sat May 05, 2012 7:00 pm

I had the same issue, so now I lock the card when I insert it into the card reader, and unlock it when I re-insert it in to my
S9 Autoset.

kempo

Post by kempo » Sat May 05, 2012 7:03 pm

I always turn my s9 off before I remove the card and insert the card before I turn it on.

ozij

Post by ozij » Sat May 05, 2012 7:43 pm

Happened to me when I moved the files to the computer instead of copying them, and then returned them. That by itself made the card invalid for the S9.

emeraude

Post by emeraude » Sat May 05, 2012 7:48 pm

My S9 showed the same message "Invalid SD card, erase card data" last night for some reason. I removed and inserted the SD card again, and it worked!

Airplaneman

Post by Airplaneman » Sat May 05, 2012 10:20 pm

This happened to me when I took my CPAP across country by air and I figured the x-ray process by TSA bummed out the card. Next time I will take out the card before I travel and leave it at home. The machine works with or without the card.
Somehow the sd card gets corrupt.
-Airplane

Lizistired

Post by Lizistired » Sat May 05, 2012 10:39 pm

It only happened to me once. I don't do anything different and don't worry about it. If I'm putting the card in it's because I downloaded the data. Nothing to lose.

pats

Post by pats » Thu May 31, 2012 3:11 am

macewa wrote:This morning when I put my card into the computer my computer said the card needed to be formatted before using. I took the card out and went back to my BiPap, put the card in, turned the machine on a few seconds, turned it off, brought card back to the computer and it read it. Go figure.
The insertion in the BiPap was probably unnecessary. Taking the card out and putting it in again would fix an incompletely seated card.

user from Singapore

Post by user from Singapore » Thu May 31, 2012 4:24 am

macewa wrote:This morning when I put my card into the computer my computer said the card needed to be formatted before using. I took the card out and went back to my BiPap, put the card in, turned the machine on a few seconds, turned it off, brought card back to the computer and it read it. Go figure. I got a scare the other day as my card was still in the computer and my cat wanted my attention and started chewing on the card. On the outter side I have cat teeth indents. Am so happy it still works. LOL
That's what happens when you don't let the cat play with the mouse

DagoRed

Post by DagoRed » Thu May 31, 2012 8:04 am

user from Singapore wrote:
macewa wrote:This morning when I put my card into the computer my computer said the card needed to be formatted before using. I took the card out and went back to my BiPap, put the card in, turned the machine on a few seconds, turned it off, brought card back to the computer and it read it. Go figure. I got a scare the other day as my card was still in the computer and my cat wanted my attention and started chewing on the card. On the outter side I have cat teeth indents. Am so happy it still works. LOL
That's what happens when you don't let the cat play with the mouse

LOL, thats funny