Looking for a CMS50E USB Cable

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
pulseoxstore

Re: Looking for a CMS50E USB Cable

Post by pulseoxstore » Sun Feb 12, 2012 7:33 pm

Hi,
I received an email from osp about his 50E cable. I wanted to log in and put in my 2 cents. The 50E and all of the other Contec oximeters that I have seen (except the 50D Plus) use a standard USB to Mini USB cable. This is the same cable that is used for most Blackberry or Droid phones. You can go to ebay and search for usb to mini usb cable and you will see about 5 thousand results. The 50D Plus unit does use a proprietary USB cable that has a chip in it that has to be ordered from Contec (or me).

To everyone who knows me from CPAP Talk, I'm sorry that I have not been on here as much lately. My wife and I just had a baby and I have not been able to spend the extra time online that I used to. If anyone ever has a question about any of the Contec oximeters, feel free to email me and I will be happy to give an answer (or at least try).
Kevin

Lizistired

Post by Lizistired » Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:31 pm

pulseoxstore wrote:Hi,
I received an email from osp about his 50E cable. I wanted to log in and put in my 2 cents. The 50E and all of the other Contec oximeters that I have seen (except the 50D Plus) use a standard USB to Mini USB cable. This is the same cable that is used for most Blackberry or Droid phones. You can go to ebay and search for usb to mini usb cable and you will see about 5 thousand results. The 50D Plus unit does use a proprietary USB cable that has a chip in it that has to be ordered from Contec (or me).

To everyone who knows me from CPAP Talk, I'm sorry that I have not been on here as much lately. My wife and I just had a baby and I have not been able to spend the extra time online that I used to. If anyone ever has a question about any of the Contec oximeters, feel free to email me and I will be happy to give an answer (or at least try).
Kevin
Congratulations Kevin!

Uncle_Bob

Post by Uncle_Bob » Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:45 am

My CMS50E broke recently (dead internal battery)

I have the special USB cable required that I no longer need.

My advice with the CMS50E is not too leave it discharged for too long. If your not going to use it for several months give it a periodic charging.

osp

Post by osp » Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:38 pm

Success. Kevin offered me two cables. A standard USB cable which he has listed for the CMS50E, and one with a serial converter built in, sold for the CMS50D Plus. I just got the one of the 50D Plus, and now my computer can communicate with my CMS50E.

It seems that some people with CMS50E's need the special cable, and some don't.

Arizona-Willie

CMS-50F not working?

Post by Arizona-Willie » Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:44 pm

I haven't been checking my o2 for a long long time now. Having just come back to the forum the other day I got motivated and got my CMS 50F out.
Got it all charged up and installed the latest software I can find and it won't work.

Tried installing the original software over the top without erasing the latest and that didn't work out too well. Should probably have taken the time to delete the new first.
Still get the graphics from the new software when I run it and it says v.092 so it may be a bit mixed up now.

When I first plugged it in to charge it up it said the driver wasn't installed but after installling the software I downloaded it said it was fine now.

But, when it installed it looked like it was saying it was using COM 5 and I can't get the software to let me tell it what port to use.
When I turn the CMS 50F on and set it up upload it says " uploading " but the programs keep saying there is no device connected.

I'm kinda stumped at this point.

It used to work fine.

Don't know what to do next.

DynoDad

Post by DynoDad » Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:10 pm

pulseoxstore wrote:Hi,

Kevin
I have the 50E and a standard cable definitely doesn't work. I know this because I wasted hours when I first got mine trying to make it work using another cable (I have loads lying around so I didn't bother unwrapping the neons that came with it).

It's stupid and annoying, thanks Contec

walkermg

Post by walkermg » Wed May 14, 2014 9:55 am

I found what appears to be the cable needed at this link

I have not tried it yet but says it is for the CMS50x series OXYGEN fingertip meters

http://www.cpap-supply.com/Pulse-Oximet ... cmsusb.htm

Hope this helps

Woody

Post by Woody » Wed May 14, 2014 8:59 pm

If all else fails. But I thought I bought one for a lot less about a year ago but
can't rember from where.

http://www.pulseoxstore.com/Other-Items ... anchor_229

Additional Comments: SleapyHead software

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Wed May 14, 2014 10:19 pm

Sometimes it does pay to read the manuel when you buy a product. The interface used to access the pulse ox isn't ever been totally reliable, it's always a p.i.t.s. to make work, that's why it's not used much, it's been around from the start of dos. USB for the most part has killed the need to use it, but cost and lazyness still linger on. Jim
Use data to optimize your xPAP treatment!

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire

SleepWrangler

Post by SleepWrangler » Thu May 15, 2014 9:12 am

The CMS50E port may have a USB form factor but it's probably a serial port. If you open a "chipped" cable you are likely to find a serial to USB converter.