SleepyHead Tutorial Under Underconstruction

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
DrPepper00

Re: SleepyHead Tutorial Under Underconstruction

Post by DrPepper00 » Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:01 am

I only have two naps and two nights of data. First nap and night are ok. The second nap had the cut off graph and the second night continued it. I will post on the other thread since it doesn't seem to be something I did accidently.

Thanks for your help. I am loving this board and the SleepyHead program!

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sun Jan 08, 2012 1:06 pm

DrPepper00 wrote:I only have two naps and two nights of data. First nap and night are ok. The second nap had the cut off graph and the second night continued it. I will post on the other thread since it doesn't seem to be something I did accidently.
I figured out how to manually change the pressure graph instead of the 0.0 settings which do the automatic scale thing. See image below. I went to preferences/graphs tab and put mouse cursor directly on the 0.0 under max column and doubled clicked mouse...0.0 opened up so I could change the max to 20.0. Click "Ok" and the change was made to my graphs and top scale went to 20 from the 15 that I did have.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

DrPepper00

Post by DrPepper00 » Sun Jan 08, 2012 2:32 pm

Thank you, Pugsy. That did the trick.

adrianne

Post by adrianne » Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:30 pm

I purged my data, then tried to reload, and I got an error that all data was already loaded, but there's nothing in the calendar on sleepyhead. So I deleted all the files that sleepyhead stuck in my documents folder and started from scratch and it still won't read the data off my card - says it's already loaded. help?

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:39 pm

adrianne wrote:it still won't read the data off my card - says it's already loaded. help?
Which version of SleepyHead? There is a brand new version that is Beta. Since you mention purge..it might be the new one.

In the past with other versions that acted up...remove all traces of SH including the SleepApp folder under documents and start completely fresh. Try removing not just the files in the folder but the folder itself in Documents. Same thing if you used the new Beta version..though I think the folder is a slightly different name. Remove the folder as well as the files.

All your data is on your SD card and nothing is lost.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

adrianne

Post by adrianne » Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:51 pm

Thanks Pugsy! I wasn't using the newest beta version, so I downloaded that and am right as rain.

steveinmaine

Post by steveinmaine » Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:24 pm

This is great - when I got here a month ago I searched for various terms and copied sections from many different posts (many by you, btw), and so to have it all under one post is awesome.

My questions would've been those you've already answered above, and thanks for all your work on this.

snoozysue

Post by snoozysue » Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:25 pm

In Sleepyhead could you please explain the difference between VS and VS#2
Thanks

snoozysue

Post by snoozysue » Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:46 pm

Another question ... I often see lots written about stages of sleep (REM etc) but I have just been concentrating on getting a good mask fit and the leaks under control.
Now I am a bit curious - can you see on Sleephead what stage of sleep you are in during the night?

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:11 pm

snoozysue wrote:Now I am a bit curious - can you see on Sleephead what stage of sleep you are in during the night?
No. We have no way of knowing what stage of sleep or for that matter if we are really asleep using the cpap machine.
The cpap machine simply doesn't score sleep stages and SH can't show us something that the machine doesn't record. Some members have the Zeo which is a little tool that supposedly does score sleep stages and Mark is working on incorporating ZEO data into SleepyHead but the data comes originally from the ZEO.

Now some people (like me) who happen to have documented OSA much, much worse in REM sleep can sometimes sort of eyeball a pattern which might be associated with REM stage sleep but we are just doing a loose correlation. Like I know that the normal time for REM to happen after sleep onset is 90 to 120 minutes and I often see events occur at this time frame and other times zero events. I just sort of assume it is REM sleep...I can't prove it though.

Regarding snores...I keep getting mixed up on which one means what. Let me go find Robysue's explanation...hers is better than mine. I do know that I have come to realize that my machine flags the snores from my Pug dog as mine when he sleeps with his chin on my shoulder. So super sensitive to sounds.

Edit to add Robysue's explanation from over in the SH Beta thread. I copied her response to be since I got the VS1 and VS2 mixed up again.

"SleepyHead's VS's are the ones that the Autos respond to by raising pressure. VS #2's are recorded regardless of whether the machine is in auto mode or fixed pressure mode. In Auto mode, the machine does not seem to respond to VS #2s.

The known differences between a VS and a VS #2 are what we can determine from the SH reports. They include these facts:

only the Autos record VS's; both Autos and fixed pressure machines record VS #2's
the Autos record VS's only when running in auto mode
the Autos increase pressure when the machine detects even a single VS, but pressure is not raised when the machine detects VS #2's
in Encore Pro, the VS's show up as tick marks on the wave form data, but the VS #2's do not show as tick marks on the wave form data; the VS #2's do show up in the Encore Events table in both Encore Viewer and Encore Pro.

But as to what actually distinguishes a VS from a VS #2 and why the Autos don't respond to the VS #2's is anybody's guess. I haven't been able to find out any information from perusing the PR web pages or by googling information about the PR Auto algorithm. Maybe it's the noise level? Maybe it's got something to do with the frequency of the vibrations?? Who knows?"

ems

Post by ems » Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:27 pm

Pugsy wrote:I do know that I have come to realize that my machine flags the snores from my Pug dog as mine when he sleeps with his chin on my shoulder.
I can just picture that scenario.... too cute!
If only the folks with sawdust for brains were as sweet and obliging and innocent as The Scarecrow! ~a friend~

portiemom

Post by portiemom » Fri Jan 13, 2012 6:46 pm

UGH, I liked this better when I sent my files to Goofproof and he took time to email me all it meant, now new machine afraid to use it,,,, much less reading the stuff. Too old, too tired too lazy, suppose the Sleep Apena made me that way!
Thanks for all you guys do!

snoozysue

Post by snoozysue » Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:00 pm

I have a question about the times shown on my Sleephead report. They are just slightly out each day.
I can be specific with the wake time because for the last 3 days I have used the alarm clock. It goes off at 5.20am but the report shows that I stop CPAP at 5.38am (3 days in a row).
I turn off the CPAP as soon as I hear the alarm so I know it's 5.20am
I also think the start of sleep time is delayed a bit but I can't be so sure about the exact times.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:10 pm

Respironics machines have an internal clock set at the factory. They are notorious for not being exact.
There is no way to adjust this internal clock at the end user level and can only be adjusted at the factory. Time being off is so common that someone with a perfect time would be unusual. The amount of time that is "off" seems to increase the age of the machine.

archangle

Post by archangle » Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:01 am

Pugsy wrote:Respironics machines have an internal clock set at the factory. They are notorious for not being exact.
There is no way to adjust this internal clock at the end user level and can only be adjusted at the factory. Time being off is so common that someone with a perfect time would be unusual. The amount of time that is "off" seems to increase the age of the machine.
Just wait a few years when the clock batteries start dying.

Please enter your equipment in your profile so we can help you.
Click here for information on the most common alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check for yourself.

Useful Links.