Problem setting date on Resmed S9

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
js_insf

Problem setting date on Resmed S9

Post by js_insf » Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:48 pm

Somehow the date on my Resmed S9 has gone back to its default setting, Jan 1, 2008.

When I try to set it to the today's date, I get the message "Invalid date/time, data exists for this period."

But data does not exist for this period. Oddly, I get the same message no matter what date I try to set, even if I go far into the future.

Any advice out there? Thanks very much.

scrapper

Re: Problem setting date on Resmed S9

Post by scrapper » Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:52 pm

Sounds like you may have to exchange the machine at the DME's...........unless someone else has a better idea.

“Life is 10% what happens to you, and 90% what you make of it.” Charles Swindoll

Wulfman

Post by Wulfman » Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:57 pm

Probably a dead battery. It should be under warranty. I agree with Scrapper.

Den
(5) REMstar Autos w/C-Flex & (6) REMstar Pro 2 CPAPs w/C-Flex - Pressure Setting = 14 cm.
"Passover" Humidification - ResMed Ultra Mirage FF - Encore Pro w/Card Reader & MyEncore software - Chiroflow pillow
User since 05/14/05

LoQ

Post by LoQ » Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:38 am

js_insf wrote:Somehow the date on my Resmed S9 has gone back to its default setting, Jan 1, 2008.

When I try to set it to the today's date, I get the message "Invalid date/time, data exists for this period."

But data does not exist for this period. Oddly, I get the same message no matter what date I try to set, even if I go far into the future.

Any advice out there? Thanks very much.
I had this problem. Erase all of the data via the S9. Then you may be able to set the date.

Uncle_Bob

Post by Uncle_Bob » Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:20 am

Page 19 in the clinicians manual states that you have to erase all the compliance data under the configuration menu before you change the date/time settings

js_insf

Post by js_insf » Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:38 pm

Thanks very much....but I'm so reluctant to erase my compliance data. Don't I need to keep this information?

scrapper

Post by scrapper » Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:42 pm

You can download the data to a computer.........and/or give your doc a complete download now before doing this.

Plus you cannot erase the number of days and hours on a blower. That will always stay, and that's what you need for compliance for the insurance company.

“Life is 10% what happens to you, and 90% what you make of it.” Charles Swindoll

idamtnboy

Post by idamtnboy » Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:27 pm

Uncle_Bob wrote:Page 19 in the clinicians manual states that you have to erase all the compliance data under the configuration menu before you change the date/time settings
Hmmmmm, very interesting. The other day, as a test, I changed the time on my S9 forward one hour, and then back one hour, with not one bit of data lost. I just tried it again with same result. Since daylight saving time is coming up next weekend I will post a procedure tomorrow or Wednesday on how to change the time on the S9, and do it safely. But I want to do it first just to be sure, so I'll actually get a 5 day head start on DST!

Uncle_Bob

Post by Uncle_Bob » Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:36 pm

idamtnboy wrote:
Uncle_Bob wrote:Page 19 in the clinicians manual states that you have to erase all the compliance data under the configuration menu before you change the date/time settings
Hmmmmm, very interesting. The other day, as a test, I changed the time on my S9 forward one hour, and then back one hour, with not one bit of data lost. I just tried it again with same result. Since daylight saving time is coming up next weekend I will post a procedure tomorrow or Wednesday on how to change the time on the S9, and do it safely. But I want to do it first just to be sure, so I'll actually get a 5 day head start on DST!
That was very brave of you to experiment! So it looks like the time can be changed without erasing the data, if you don't get the error message then it would make sense that your data would still be OK. I wonder what would happen if you tried the date +/- 1 day?

I should not be that worried about changing the time myself really as I live in Arizona where time is time, it never changes

idamtnboy

Post by idamtnboy » Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:25 am

Uncle_Bob wrote:I wonder what would happen if you tried the date +/- 1 day?
In that case you would be one hosed hose head!! Setting forward one day is not problem. Setting back can only be done by erasing data, or maybe, even probably I think, by not running the machine for the entire 24 hour period that you want to set the date back into. As long as data has not been written during the time period you are going back into, you can set the time, and I'm sure date also, into that period. But if data has been written there's no going back. The summary data record gets written for the entire 24 hr period as soon as you turn the machine on.