how to adjust pressure on fisher & paykel sleepstyle 20

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
kp

how to adjust pressure on fisher & paykel sleepstyle 20

Post by kp » Sun Apr 22, 2007 6:59 pm

Anyone know how to do this? Can you type me through it? I think I need less pressure. I've lost some weight.

Thanks in advance!

kp

sorry, that would be 200

Post by kp » Sun Apr 22, 2007 7:05 pm

posted wrong number

Wulfman

Post by Wulfman » Sun Apr 22, 2007 7:11 pm

This is for an HC234, but may work for yours.

Den

- Turn on the HC234.

- Enter programming mode by holding down the "RAMP" (top) button and the "Next" (Right arrow/bottom button) for three seconds.

- The first screen will allow you to set adjust altitude, which is indicated by a drawing of a mountain range on the screen. You can change this to "m" for meters or "ft" for feet by pressing the Up or Down keys. Press the Right Arrow key to allow changing the altitude setting.

- Press the "NEXT" (Right arrow/bottom button) to advance to pressure setting which will be indicated by the characters "cm h20 " on the screen. Use the Up and Down keys to change the pressure setting.

- Lastly, push that bottom button again to exit programming mode.

(5) REMstar Autos w/C-Flex & (6) REMstar Pro 2 CPAPs w/C-Flex - Pressure Setting = 14 cm.
"Passover" Humidification - ResMed Ultra Mirage FF - Encore Pro w/Card Reader & MyEncore software - Chiroflow pillow
User since 05/14/05

Jen8284

Re: how to adjust pressure on fisher & paykel sleepstyle 20

Post by Jen8284 » Sun Aug 17, 2008 11:50 pm

I followed the direction you have for adjusting the pressure on the HC234, but it will not allow me to lower or raise the pressure setting. Currently it is set at 10. Does anyone know if this is the std setting. I would like to go a little lower.

Snoredog

Post by Snoredog » Mon Aug 18, 2008 12:09 am

Not sure if this applies to your particular machine but:

On the side of the machine where the power switch is (think the right side), you should see a little small cut-out shape like a square, or a hidden door. Simply push and pull down and it should slide off, under that door/cover is a round black dial that you turn up or down to change the pressure. You have to push the knob so it pops out before you can turn it, push it back in when done.

Not sure if it displays the pressure on the LCD as you turn it, some of those F&P's required a manometer to adjust pressure.
someday science will catch up to what I'm saying...

Post by Guest » Sun Nov 08, 2009 11:25 pm

AWESOME instructions-they worked for me. I am looking fwd to a good night's rest!

Mikein1971

Post by Mikein1971 » Tue Dec 29, 2009 1:46 am

Thank you for the instructions on how to change the pressure. My sleep Dr. told me they were going to adjust it from a setting of "8", which I have been using for amost 3 years now, to a new setting of "14". Problem is it's the holidays and the 3rd party "homecare" vendor has been sluggish at best at getting back with me to "adjust" my CPAP so I can freaking sleep! It's been 2 weeks and I finally just did some investigation and thanks to this site have changed it my damn self - pardon my French! Thank you again! I will be sure to follow up properly with everyone just tired and cranky in the interim.

tom92580

Post by tom92580 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:33 pm

Does anyone know how to change the pressure on the HC254 series 200?

Post by Guest » Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:32 pm

Thanks for the instructions. I have lost 30 lbs so my F & P HC234 was giving me a headache every night becasue of the high pressure. Now that I have it set for a lower pressure I can sleep again. My wife has a new CPAP machine so now we have "dueling CPAP's".

Shel

Post by Shel » Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:58 pm

Thanks Wulfman... I have been looking every where for these instructions. Every one I asked (doctors included) act like it's a big secret and/or they don't know. Heck... It's my Machine I should know how to use it, right? Thanks again for a straight up answer to a straight up question. Shel

MrEdmn

Post by MrEdmn » Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:21 pm

I have a 600 series. I was able to adjust my pressure that same way.

Thanks.

guestmt

Post by guestmt » Mon Jul 04, 2011 7:22 pm

Thanks for the tip on pressure setting ....worked for the sleep 200 model .....had to monkey around and get the3 sec timing down ....once you can get the elevation working - then can change pressure .....mine was too high and waking me up....much better .......I think we know what works for us since we wear them at least 6 hrs a night .....paying to have them set by someone who is not in our shoes does not make much sense .

busylady

Post by busylady » Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:32 am

Interested to read your comments. I have F&P Icon Auto. Dr. seems to want control, so my guess is that is why he prescribes the F&P machines for his patients. I found the software for my machine in Australia, but the company requires a Dr. note. Don't like feeling like a school kid. Just posted "5 weeks, Dr. Visit" that gives my thoughts on this non patient control thing. I've decided to accept the situation since my numbers are much better than I thought. I can read a screen on the machine, but those numbers are less than half the real numbers from the data printouts the Dr. did share with me.
Avatar is one of 200+ elephants in a collection started when I was in kindergarden. Thought it was appropriate.

Post by Guest » Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:18 pm

did not work on sleepstyle 200 found the little knob in back but it wouldnt turn iguess it not adjustable r not yet

Spiritwings60

Post by Spiritwings60 » Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:09 pm

Thanks so much for the instructions! Saved me a trip clear across town to have the Sleep Center adjust it!