Photos of H5i reservoir for the ResMed S9 that comes apart

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
dave21

Photos of H5i reservoir for the ResMed S9 that comes apart

Post by dave21 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:24 am

I see that a lot of people that have purchased the ResMed S9 seem to have the fully integrated reservoir that you can't pull apart and clean the insides of. The H5i I purchased (UK) is the one that comes apart. I really like this version of the reservoir because it allows you to fully clean every nook and cranny of the reservoir to dry it after each night.

Thanks
Dave

DreamDiver

Re: Photos of H5i reservoir for the ResMed S9 that comes apart

Post by DreamDiver » Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:43 am

dave21 wrote:I see that a lot of people that have purchased the ResMed S9 seem to have the fully integrated reservoir that you can't pull apart and clean the insides of. The H5i I purchased (UK) is the one that comes apart. I really like this version of the reservoir because it allows you to fully clean every nook and cranny of the reservoir to dry it after each night.

Thanks
Dave
Dave,

Thanks for the images! I'd been wondering about asking whether they could switch out the tank when purchasing. It's probably more like the climateline hose - you have to buy it as an option. Similarly, ours didn't come with the hypoallergenic filters - just the white ones that filter large dust. I'm likely to order these soon.

dave21

Post by dave21 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:29 am

I believe I read somewhere online (possibly this forum) that the early machines were coming with the encased reservoir where as the newer batch of ResMed S9's they had switched to the one that comes apart.

I'm not too sure which filter I have, I suspect mine is just the standard filter. It's not like the white/blue filters that I had on my S8's. Here's a photo of the filter / casing and SD card.

The SD card is a regular SD card (not SDHC) of 1gb.

jmelby

Post by jmelby » Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:20 am

I bought the hypoallergenic filters... the picture you show is the standard one. They hypoallergenic filter looks more cloth-like. I have been intending to order the cleanable humidifier chamber, but it has been out of stock on cpap.com every time I've looked:
https://www.cpap.com/productpage/resmed ... amber.html

I don't understand why they bother with the sealed one in the first place, so for future buyers I hope it is true that it will just come with the cleanable one in the first place.

(yet another Jeff)

dave21

Post by dave21 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:49 am

I think I just found the quote on another forum (don't know if this is true or not) - http://www.sleepguide.com/forum/topics/ ... e=activity
Reply by Judy on February 15, 2010 at 10:26am
About the S9's H5i integrated, heated humidifer by two different users:

"Its is a monolitics piece (cannot be taken apart) of plastic but the DME provider told me I would get a different one in a month or two because there are known issues with it. Additionally it sits in a recess and it is hard to grab. The humidifier cover/door is awkward to close you need to slide the latch push on the cover and release the latch."

and

"The H5i is available with a standard or cleanable water tub:

* The standard tub is a one-piece tub that is designed to be replaced every six months.
* The cleanable water tub is easy to disassemble, clean and reassemble. It is also suitable for multi-patient use in a clinic, hospital or sleep lab."
So it might be worth talking to your DME. It may be that ResMed are swapping them out on all machines or I may have received the cleanable version as I have to pay for mine full price and buy directly from ResMed. I also have a number of machines now and lots of masks, so I guess I'm a good ResMed customer and that might be why I received the cleanable reservoir. I purchased my S9 and H5i a month ago in the UK.

ResMed were out of stock of the filters when I purchased the machine, they now have them in so I'll see which ones they have so I get to purchase the right ones

Thanks
Dave

dave21

Post by dave21 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:53 am

For anyone interested, I tried an 8gb microSD SDHC card in the S9 and it reads the card fine and writes out the config files. This doesn't necessarily mean that all manufacturer SDHC cards will work, but the 8gb card I have does.

Just make sure you format as Fat 32