Night#1 with new S9 SD question and an observation

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Kickthefog

Night#1 with new S9 SD question and an observation

Post by Kickthefog » Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:21 am

This has probably been asked somewhere but my search came up dry.

I just got the new s9 and have the new 3.1 rescan software and i have a standard sd card reader that i've used succesfuly for reading other sd cards. I'm trying to retrieve my 1st nights data from the sd card using the new software and having no luck. i'm not even sure the data has made in on to the sd card from the s9. it was in the machine all night long and i also removed and reinserted it a few times. each time i do that it says: READING card, not copying card like expected, or like it used to say on my S8.

Is there a special way to get the data onto the sd card?

my obversation also from night one. my ahi is normally (as reported by my s8) in the 3-7 range with an average of 5 with almost no apneas and a bunch of hypopneas. the s9 reported me last night with an AHI of .7 total (on screen). Now, i know the s9 is an entirely new generation so detects and reports differently but i either had the best night ever by accident or the machine is a miracle. we'll see how it goes.

thanks for any help on exporting and importing the data

Pat

Arizona-Willie

Re: Night#1 with new S9 SD question and an observation

Post by Arizona-Willie » Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:08 am

Mine is on the way and I've been wondering about the SD card.

I have a couple of card readers, hopefully one of them will work. I don't remember seeing a special card reader advertised on cpap.com.

Hope this doesn't turn into a hassle.

I'm also wondering what oximeters can be hooked up to it and what interfaces are required.
Reckon time will answer our questions.

Hope you find the solution to reading your card soon.

Post by Guest » Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:22 am

Do you have to wait until after noon for the data?

Kickthefog

Post by Kickthefog » Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:17 am

I'm thinking the data just isn't on the card (or my sd reader isn't working) i'm with you.... i'm thinking an sd card reader is an sd card reader so thats why i'm thinking the data isn't on there yet, especially since it has never said copying data when inserting the card. i dunno, unless someone else has an idea i'll just keep messing with it.

i can't imagine the data wouldn't be available until after noon or a certain time but i suppose that is possible. I'll try it later today

Pat

bearcatx16

Post by bearcatx16 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:23 am

Hey, a technical question that I think I can answer. At least it works on the S8 Elite II.

Sleep the night away. Shut machine off. Wait 15-20 minutes, insert card, lcd says card inserted please wait, about 20 seconds lcd says copy complete remove. Card is then placed in card reader and downloaded via 3.07. I'm close on the lcd verbage. All this must be done prior to 12noon to get the current days data.

Hope this helps.

Blessings,

Fred
In the game of Life there is no two minute warning, just sudden death then judgment............Paraphrase Heb. 9:27 NIV
Not sure you believe in God.....just don't die.

Kickthefog

Post by Kickthefog » Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:03 pm

Hi Fred,

My S8 is the same way, in fact i never had to wait, i would get data whenever i put the card in and it did just as you describe, but that isn't working with the S9, or at least not yet.

I'll keep playing with it.
Pat
bearcatx16 wrote:Hey, a technical question that I think I can answer. At least it works on the S8 Elite II.

Sleep the night away. Shut machine off. Wait 15-20 minutes, insert card, lcd says card inserted please wait, about 20 seconds lcd says copy complete remove. Card is then placed in card reader and downloaded via 3.07. I'm close on the lcd verbage. All this must be done prior to 12noon to get the current days data.

Hope this helps.

Blessings,

Fred

jmelby

Post by jmelby » Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:09 pm

From what I read in the S9 documentation, the SD card needs to be inserted all of the time and the detailed data is stored directly to that... this is different than the S8 data cards that copied the data. I have an S9 AutoSet on the way... so will confirm this. Did you have the data card in all night?

(yet another Jeff)

jmelby

Post by jmelby » Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:15 pm

By the way... it's 3.10 for the software version.... not 3.1. They are not adhering to decimal rules... 10 is a newer version than 7.

(yet another Jeff)

DreamStalker

Post by DreamStalker » Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:30 pm

As Guest noted, you won't see the previous nights data until noon the following day ... it's a ResMed quirk in their data storage method.
President-pretender, J. Biden, said "the DNC has built the largest voter fraud organization in US history". Too bad they didn’t build the smartest voter fraud organization and got caught.

jmelby

Post by jmelby » Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:43 pm

DreamStalker wrote:As Guest noted, you won't see the previous nights data until noon the following day ... it's a ResMed quirk in their data storage method.
That is not true for the S8 data... I have never had an issue looking at my data right in the morning. It does store until noon, so the next day I get a question about whether I want to overwrite the prior days data with the updated (until noon) data, but it hasn't prevented viewing the data up to that point.

(yet another Jeff)

DreamStalker

Post by DreamStalker » Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:58 pm

jmelby wrote:
DreamStalker wrote:As Guest noted, you won't see the previous nights data until noon the following day ... it's a ResMed quirk in their data storage method.
That is not true for the S8 data... I have never had an issue looking at my data right in the morning. It does store until noon, so the next day I get a question about whether I want to overwrite the prior days data with the updated (until noon) data, but it hasn't prevented viewing the data up to that point.
Sorry. My brain fart.

I meant before noon.

viewtopic.php?p=454440#p454440
President-pretender, J. Biden, said "the DNC has built the largest voter fraud organization in US history". Too bad they didn’t build the smartest voter fraud organization and got caught.

Kickthefog

Post by Kickthefog » Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:19 pm

jmelby wrote:From what I read in the S9 documentation, the SD card needs to be inserted all of the time and the detailed data is stored directly to that... this is different than the S8 data cards that copied the data. I have an S9 AutoSet on the way... so will confirm this. Did you have the data card in all night?

Yep, I had the data card in all night. i also tried to remove it and re insert it this am.

I'm sorry to be stupid here but i need to clarify this noon issue thing as i'm confused... the data is gone after noon? or only available after noon for previous night? this is new to the S9? like jmelby has said, i have always read my previous nights data every morning at 7am and it always asks me if i want to overwrite the data from the night before that becuase that night still existed on the card (or was transfered again). Isn't that the beauty of being able to store multiple nights data on a data card or in the machines memory... so you don't have to dowload it every day before losing it?

I'm not sure i understand... The Data is or isn't available until or after noon? This is all new to me since the s8 series didn't behave in that fashion for me.

Pat

Arizona-Willie

Post by Arizona-Willie » Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:01 pm

It didn't work that way for anybody.

If you didn't download your data before noon, you had to wait until the next day because it started a new day at noon.
Several times I have gotten busy and forgot to get my data before noon and just waited until the next day and then download the data and then viewed each day in the software.

I've forgotten now what happens if you put the card in after noon.
Haven't done that for years because it didn't work somehow.
Don't remember if it refuses to give you data or exactly what.
But I do know you had to download before noon or wait till the next day.

Uncle_Bob

Post by Uncle_Bob » Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:22 pm

Kickthefog wrote:This has probably been asked somewhere but my search came up dry.

I just got the new s9 and have the new 3.1 rescan software and i have a standard sd card reader that i've used succesfuly for reading other sd cards. I'm trying to retrieve my 1st nights data from the sd card using the new software and having no luck. i'm not even sure the data has made in on to the sd card from the s9. it was in the machine all night long and i also removed and reinserted it a few times. each time i do that it says: READING card, not copying card like expected, or like it used to say on my S8.

Is there a special way to get the data onto the sd card?

my obversation also from night one. my ahi is normally (as reported by my s8) in the 3-7 range with an average of 5 with almost no apneas and a bunch of hypopneas. the s9 reported me last night with an AHI of .7 total (on screen). Now, i know the s9 is an entirely new generation so detects and reports differently but i either had the best night ever by accident or the machine is a miracle. we'll see how it goes.

thanks for any help on exporting and importing the data

Pat
Take a look at page two of this document (link below). Its looks like you need to be inserting the micro SD card into RESMED USB drive. Why are you using your own card reader?

http://tinyurl.com/yepmepk

Arizona-Willie

Post by Arizona-Willie » Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:02 pm

ACK!!!

Looks like they may have found a way to keep patients from monitoring their own data

I have a gizmo that I plug the SD card from a camera into and that plugs into a USB port, but their little device may have some proprietary circuitry and mine may not work.

They may sell the USB adapter only to sleep labs and sleep doctors directly from Resmed in which case we are all in a world of hurt.

People are going to be very very very mad.