Do you PAP when you nap?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
LilBuckaroo

Do you PAP when you nap?

Post by LilBuckaroo » Fri Oct 14, 2005 7:25 pm

I do. Early in my journey into CPAP land, I asked my pulmonologist if I should use my CPAP if I took a nap. His answer was ‘absolutely”.

It stands to reason that our bodies don’t know if it is taking a nap or if it is engaged in an extended sleep session. It just knows that it is sleeping.

So, from that point on, whenever I sleep, be it for a nap or for a long-term sleep session, I sit on the side of my bed, strap my UltraMirage FF mask onto my face, get my CPAP blowing air, lay down, and go to sleep.

Until later, stay safe, be nice, sleep well and keep on papin'

nanamar

Post by nanamar » Fri Oct 14, 2005 7:31 pm

Faithfully, I'm happily addicted

MissAmethyst2U

Post by MissAmethyst2U » Fri Oct 14, 2005 7:31 pm

Always! I cannot stand to go to sleep without my cpap!

Born Tired

Post by Born Tired » Fri Oct 14, 2005 7:34 pm

I am ashamed to say that I do not use it for a nap. Most of my naps are in the morning about one to two hours after I get up in the morning. At that point I usually have marks on my face from my mask not fitting well so I don't reattach. This is a problem that I hope will soon be alleviated since I am to pick up an Aura next week.
Esther

My husband says, "Esther is not a morning person---and it goes downhill from there."

I Thes. 5:16 "Rejoice evermore."

Snuffle-nose

Post by Snuffle-nose » Fri Oct 14, 2005 8:08 pm

I sleep with mask as well......I wake up shocking without the cpap......cracking dome to go with it too!!!

Been on CPAP for a while.....I had moderate apenoa

mikemoran

Post by mikemoran » Fri Oct 14, 2005 8:16 pm

sorry folks but I really couldn't resist.

Do you PAP when you nap?
Make it wheeze when you put on your Breeze?
Attach the hose before you repose?
Pump in the air when you lay in your lair?
Strap on your mask before such task?

Do you turn on the machine before you dream?
Attach the air when hibernating like a bear?
Take a breather before you sleep there?
Have no hesitation with your aeration?

Do you let it roar before you snore?
Tie on pantyhose before you doze?
Turn on your puffer so you don’t suffer?
Let it flow when on your pillow?

Yes I wheeze with my Breeze, always a hose before I repose, my lair is so full of air, before the task don my mask, need the machine just to dream, wouldn’t be there with out the breather, never hesitate to aerate, its gentle roar beats the snore, pantyhose adjusted so leaks are busted, would really suffer without my puffer, no pillow without the flow.

Yes I PAP when I nap

Paul V

my first pap nap

Post by Paul V » Fri Oct 14, 2005 8:25 pm

Today I felt tired when I returned from the gym and decided to lay down for a little while. I put on my Swift, the machine cranked up and I slept for 90 minutes. This thread gave me the idea to try it. Best nap I have had in years. With a RDI of 89.9 I figured a nap w/o PAP is an non-nap.

ozij

Post by ozij » Sat Oct 15, 2005 5:13 am

Absolutely.

O.

Severeena

Post by Severeena » Sat Oct 15, 2005 5:59 am

I get reminded to put my CPAP on by my hubby when I take a nap.

Not all Masks work for everyone. Each Person is Different.

Post by Guest » Sat Oct 15, 2005 9:23 am

Absolutely. If I nap without it, I wake up with a splitting headache - just like before cpap.

mcdunde64

pap when you nap

Post by mcdunde64 » Sat Oct 15, 2005 11:03 am

yes i use my cpap when i sleep but always wondered what it would be like again to sleep with out it like the other day i was waiting for wife started to doze off and no sooner did i doze i started jerking so i know i need to use it no matter what i will admit i hate this cpap stuff cause it really puts a damper on things like i love to watch a movie with my wife and snuggle on the couch but i tend to fall asleep so it makes it hard to snuggle cause i like falling asleep with her as we are snuggling but thats part of this sleep anapea you have to also make changes but when it comes to life or death it is worth making the changes cause i drive a truck and work long days so it is also worth using cpap

Snoozie

Post by Snoozie » Sat Oct 15, 2005 12:31 pm

No, but I am going to after reading all of this. I usually only need a nap when I get home from work sometimes and never more than 15 - 20 minutes to refresh me. The other day, I dozed on the sofa and woke myself up snoring! I guess that means I need the pap when I nap!