New Mask- Sort of.... Swift LT/Breeze hybrid

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
goolac

New Mask- Sort of.... Swift LT/Breeze hybrid

Post by goolac » Sat Dec 26, 2009 2:37 pm

I purchased a Breeze but after 4 months of nightly use the cheap plastic broke and NO WARRANTY SUPPORT!!! So I tried several other masks and chose the Swift LT but a few nights ago It started leaking, I have high preasures (I:20, E:16) and this seems to be a common problem. So fed up with spending 30 to 40 minutes a night trying to get a good seal, I decided to make a new interface...

I used the SMALL Pillow that came with the Swift LT and cut off the pillows flush at the base of the support. Then I carefully cut the holes in the support to be big enough to put in my breeze pillows....TA DA!!!!! NEW MASK ZERO LEAKS or preasure!!!

Dave

Last edited by goolac on Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:48 am, edited 2 times in total.

DreamStalker

Re: New Mask- Sort of.... Swift LT/Breeze hybrid

Post by DreamStalker » Sat Dec 26, 2009 2:43 pm

goolac wrote:I purchased a Breeze but after 4 months of nightly use the cheap plastic broke and NO WARRANTY SUPPORT!!! So I tried several other masks and chose the Swift LT but a few nights ago It started leaking, I have high preasures (I:20, E:16) and this seems to be a common problem. So fed up with spending 30 to 40 minutes a night trying to get a good seal, I decided to make a new interface...

I used the SMALL Pillow that came with the Swift LT and cut off the pillows flush at the base of the support. Then I carefully cut the holes in the support to be big enough to put in my breeze pillows....TA DA!!!!! NEW MASK ZERO LEAKS or preasure!!!

If anyone else is interested in this mod I would be willing to video the procedure and post it on youtube.
Dave
Sounds like a really cool trick. Don't know if a video is really needed but pics would be cool.
President-pretender, J. Biden, said "the DNC has built the largest voter fraud organization in US history". Too bad they didn’t build the smartest voter fraud organization and got caught.

goolac

Post by goolac » Sat Dec 26, 2009 2:51 pm

DreamStalker wrote:
Sounds like a really cool trick. Don't know if a video is really needed but pics would be cool.

OK....Pics it is (look around for a nice place to take the pictures.) Do these boards support uploading of images?

KatieW

Post by KatieW » Sat Dec 26, 2009 2:54 pm

I'd like to see your pictures too. I use Photobucket.com to upload pix. It's free and pretty easy to use.

DreamStalker

Post by DreamStalker » Sat Dec 26, 2009 2:55 pm

goolac wrote:
DreamStalker wrote:

OK....Pics it is (look around for a nice place to take the pictures.) Do these boards support uploading of images?

You will need to open a free account at photbucket.com or some other site like it. Then you provide a link to this thread.
President-pretender, J. Biden, said "the DNC has built the largest voter fraud organization in US history". Too bad they didn’t build the smartest voter fraud organization and got caught.

rested gal

Post by rested gal » Sat Dec 26, 2009 3:00 pm

goolac, your clever modification earned you this...

And a place in the Swift LT fixes section on the Lab Rat Awards page:

LINKS to Lab Rat Trophy awards
viewtopic.php?t=15104

Good job. Pictures would be very helpful!
ResMed S9 VPAP Auto (ASV)
Humidifier: Integrated + Climate Control hose
Mask: Aeiomed Headrest (deconstructed, with homemade straps
3M painters tape over mouth
ALL LINKS by rested gal:
viewtopic.php?t=17435

goolac

Post by goolac » Sat Dec 26, 2009 3:05 pm

rested gal wrote:goolac, your clever modification earned you this...

And a place in the Swift LT fixes section on the Lab Rat Awards page:

LINKS to Lab Rat Trophy awards
viewtopic.php?t=15104

Good job. Pictures would be very helpful!
WOW I am Honored!!!! I am such a believer of the use of assisted sleep mechanisms that it was inevitable for me to contribute to the community! I am pleased to be of service.

goolac

Post by goolac » Sat Dec 26, 2009 4:20 pm

OK the pics are up on this site....(should be up any minute.... I will add text and instructions but for those of you who want to see the mod ASAP here it is....)
I have family up and am also trying to help in the kitchen so.....

http://swiftmod.tp2fi.com

sleepycarol

Post by sleepycarol » Sat Dec 26, 2009 5:46 pm

Way to go to make it work for you!!!

I am sure many will find this fix a good alternative for them!!
Start Date: 8/30/2007 Pressure 9 - 15
I am not a doctor or other health care professional. Comments reflect my own personal experiences and opinions.

DreamStalker

Post by DreamStalker » Sat Dec 26, 2009 7:37 pm

goolac wrote:OK the pics are up on this site....(should be up any minute.... I will add text and instructions but for those of you who want to see the mod ASAP here it is....)
I have family up and am also trying to help in the kitchen so.....

http://swiftmod.tp2fi.com
Great mod and great pics to go with it.

All you need to do now is replace the shorter Swift mask hose with the longer Breeze hose and you be all set ...

The Breeze pillows were very comfortable and leak-free for me too way back in the day when I did my own Breeze mod.

Hey! Where did you get that black Swif LT frame? I didn't know they came in black now. I'll have to check into that.

goolac

Post by goolac » Sat Dec 26, 2009 8:20 pm

DreamStalker wrote: Hey! Where did you get that black Swif LT frame? I didn't know they came in black now. I'll have to check into that.
Oh that was just poor lighting...but hey! You may have just opened up a new market for them....colored headgear!

Babette

Post by Babette » Sat Dec 26, 2009 9:44 pm

Waah! The link won't work for me. RG, would you grab the pix and post them? Pretty please?

Cheers,
B.

I currently have a stash of Nasal Aire II cannulas in Small or Extra Small. Please PM me if you would like them. I'm interested in bartering for something strange and wonderful that I don't currently own. Or a Large size NAII cannula. :)

goolac

Post by goolac » Sat Dec 26, 2009 9:58 pm

Babette wrote:Waah! The link won't work for me. RG, would you grab the pix and post them? Pretty please?

Cheers,
B.
Hope this helps...(I am using my own private server and it seems that the DNS has yet to update around the world but let's try a different folder on my server

Babette

Post by Babette » Sat Dec 26, 2009 10:08 pm

THANKS!!! I can see it now!!!

I'm just about to do something similar - morph a Nasal Aire II cannula onto a Bravo headgear system.

Great job!!!!
B.

I currently have a stash of Nasal Aire II cannulas in Small or Extra Small. Please PM me if you would like them. I'm interested in bartering for something strange and wonderful that I don't currently own. Or a Large size NAII cannula. :)

ozij

Post by ozij » Sat Dec 26, 2009 10:25 pm

Bravo!

Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Good advice is compromised by missing data
Forum member Dog Slobber Nov. 2023