The phone!

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Wulfman

Re: The phone!

Post by Wulfman » Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:37 am

Juliebove wrote:That's what I thought, but I've yet to go there. The sleep lab had the machine and told me I didn't have to go to the DME for 6 months. Which is why I don't know how they factor into it.

My machine is not a loaner, but is being rented to own. We do not know at this point if the machine is the right one for me.
That's a LONG time to determine how your therapy is (or is not) working.
The (wide open) pressure settings you have listed are NOT optimal for "GOOD" therapy. If the pressure you need is very much higher than the minimum pressure, it can take too long for the pressure to work its way up to where it needs to be. This can result in too many apneas and hypopneas occurring in the mean time and translates to still feeling less than refreshed.

Again, if they''re taking THAT long to determine if that machine is right for you......I'd be having doubts about the doctors you're working with.

Remember......if they're getting YOUR money (either directly or through insurance).......they're working for YOU.

Den
(5) REMstar Autos w/C-Flex & (6) REMstar Pro 2 CPAPs w/C-Flex - Pressure Setting = 14 cm.
"Passover" Humidification - ResMed Ultra Mirage FF - Encore Pro w/Card Reader & MyEncore software - Chiroflow pillow
User since 05/14/05

Juliebove

Post by Juliebove » Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:59 am

Wulfman wrote:
Juliebove wrote:That's what I thought, but I've yet to go there. The sleep lab had the machine and told me I didn't have to go to the DME for 6 months. Which is why I don't know how they factor into it.

My machine is not a loaner, but is being rented to own. We do not know at this point if the machine is the right one for me.
That's a LONG time to determine how your therapy is (or is not) working.
The (wide open) pressure settings you have listed are NOT optimal for "GOOD" therapy. If the pressure you need is very much higher than the minimum pressure, it can take too long for the pressure to work its way up to where it needs to be. This can result in too many apneas and hypopneas occurring in the mean time and translates to still feeling less than refreshed.

Again, if they''re taking THAT long to determine if that machine is right for you......I'd be having doubts about the doctors you're working with.

Remember......if they're getting YOUR money (either directly or through insurance).......they're working for YOU.

Den
No, no! That's assuming I keep the same machine and need to get new filters and mask. They're getting money at this point from my insurance. Not from me.

Apparently the way it works for me is not the way it works for most. I got the machine fromt the sleep lab who procured it for me from them. This is why I have never been to them.

Again... I have yet to go to my Dr. for the follow-up. The reason why I haven't been in sooner is that it is in another city and I have to get a ride there. I am combining the trip with another Drs. appointment next door.

At this point I don't know what happens next. I don't know how often I have to go back to the Dr. and/or the sleep lab. But I think if I have to get a different machine, once again I would go to the sleep lab to get it. I just can't get replacement supplies from the sleep lab, but some people do. Depends on how their insurance works.

Wulfman

Post by Wulfman » Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:11 am

Well, just in case you DO get curious about how your therapy is working, all you have to do is go into the setup and turn on the "Show AHI/Leak" option.......
In no way does your viewing the information on the LCD screen affect what's on the card.

Den

Menu for M Series Auto

1. Hold down the <- -> buttons while plugging in the power on the back, wait for 2 beeps, release buttons.
2. Press the + key. <- -> buttons move to next field, -/+ keys decrement/increment
3. Check the following field(s):

-Therapy Mode = (CPAP/Auto)

-Auto:Max = (default=20.0cm)

-Auto:Min = (default=4.0cm)

-C-Flex Setting = 2 (options are off, 1, 2 or 3)

-AutoRamp Time = (options are 05 to 45 min)

-AutoRamp Pressure = cm (4cm->AutoMin)

-Mask Alert Feature = On (On/Off)

-Auto Off Feature = Off (On/off)

-Split Night Time = Off (off, 120, 180, 240)

-Show AHI/Leak Feature = On (On/Off)

Press On/Off button to exit.

==========Resetting LCD Display Data====================

To reset LCD Therapy data (does NOT erase any data from SmartCard):

1. Hold down the (<-) (->) buttons while plugging in the power on the back,
wait for 2 beeps or 5 seconds, release buttons.
2. Press the (->) key and navigate to Therapy screen.
3. Press and HOLD down the (-) minus key for 5 seconds and/or until therapy data is reset to Zero.
4. Press the (->) key to scroll back to main menu, press (+) key to enter Setup or
On/Off button to exit.
(5) REMstar Autos w/C-Flex & (6) REMstar Pro 2 CPAPs w/C-Flex - Pressure Setting = 14 cm.
"Passover" Humidification - ResMed Ultra Mirage FF - Encore Pro w/Card Reader & MyEncore software - Chiroflow pillow
User since 05/14/05