My Best Nights Sleep Yet... a Hose Hanger!

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
gasp

Re: My Best Nights Sleep Yet... a Hose Hanger!

Post by gasp » Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:34 pm

rested gal wrote:Yes, carbonman, I like that pillow very much. The "double edge PAPillow."

It's the one at the top on this page: https://www.cpap.com/productSearch.php? ... y=papillow

On another note, Hawthorne's pic of his setup was cool. Beside his M series machine, I spied the same heated humidifier I like to use with an M machine. The Fisher and Paykel HC 150 humidifier. Holds a LOT more water than the dinky little M series water chamber. Easier/quicker to fill, too...if you're into "just adding more" (as I am) distilled water, rather than dumping water out every morning.

Georgio, that's a beautiful solution you came up with for hanging the hose with a window behind your bed! Good lab-ratting!

And gasp... glad to hear how the "Hose Buddy" did for you. Sure does look like it would pack easily. Very cool.
Now my husband wants one to put a small LED reading light on - I think he really just wants all my equipment.

gasp

Post by gasp » Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:38 pm

Babette wrote:WARNING! THREAD HIJACK!

So.... The great thing about the F&P HC 150 is NOT JUST that you can refill it less often... It has a wider range of HH settings than the dinky M Series HH? Now you've caught my attention. If they have a setting of .5, I'd be interested. 1 can be too much sometimes, and 0 can leave me with dried out membranes.

Can anyone verify that they've found a setting that is LESS than the M series 1 setting, and yet not zero, with the F&P HC 150?

Thanks much!
B.
I too want .5! However, even if another machine has lower increments it doesn't mean that it delivers less humidification at that setting than the M series set at 1. See what I'm getting at - or am I missing the point/hosed

gasp

Post by gasp » Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:40 pm

Babette wrote:I didn't buy the new humidifier itself, just the replacement chamber. I am at the end of my FSA plan year, and needed to spend the rest of my money, so I stocked up on CPAP supplies.

I have the old style M Series HH, not the staggered style. But now I have the new improved chamber. And an extra staggered J tube lid. Anyone want it?

Thanks much!
B.
Did you notice any change in quality/quantity of humidification with the new improved chamber?

yorkiemum01

Post by yorkiemum01 » Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:46 pm

OK gang..after seeing these pictures, just going to paint you
a visual of my 'headboard revision' that cost me a dollar, its
pure redneck! LOL
Took one new tubesock, cut toe end off, trimmed to fit width
of my headboard (3"" and ran duct-tape through the sock securing it to
the front and back of my headboard.....and ran my tubing through
that. Allows for quiet movement with flexability but its not much to
look at.
Guess I'll never invent anything , but with duct tape and some imagination,
you can make anything work!

Babette

Post by Babette » Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:58 pm

Gasp, haven't tried new chamber yet. Just came last night, and I need to wash it, check my numbers, then try it.

Yorkie - I worship you as the Goddess you are.

DUCT TAPE RULES!!!!
Babs

I currently have a stash of Nasal Aire II cannulas in Small or Extra Small. Please PM me if you would like them. I'm interested in bartering for something strange and wonderful that I don't currently own. Or a Large size NAII cannula. :)

rested gal

Post by rested gal » Thu Sep 25, 2008 6:29 pm

yorkiemum01 wrote:Guess I'll never invent anything , but with duct tape and some imagination, you can make anything work!
Hey, you DID invent something! That's a cool, inexpensive way to do it...and it works for you. I LIKE your tubesock/duct tape idea.
ResMed S9 VPAP Auto (ASV)
Humidifier: Integrated + Climate Control hose
Mask: Aeiomed Headrest (deconstructed, with homemade straps
3M painters tape over mouth
ALL LINKS by rested gal:
viewtopic.php?t=17435

Babette

Post by Babette » Thu Sep 25, 2008 6:45 pm

I nominate YorkieMum for a Lab Rat Award!
B.

I currently have a stash of Nasal Aire II cannulas in Small or Extra Small. Please PM me if you would like them. I'm interested in bartering for something strange and wonderful that I don't currently own. Or a Large size NAII cannula. :)

gasp

Post by gasp » Fri Sep 26, 2008 8:41 am

yorkiemum01 wrote:OK gang..after seeing these pictures, just going to paint you
a visual of my 'headboard revision' that cost me a dollar, its
pure redneck! LOL
Took one new tubesock, cut toe end off, trimmed to fit width
of my headboard (3"" and ran duct-tape through the sock securing it to
the front and back of my headboard.....and ran my tubing through
that. Allows for quiet movement with flexability but its not much to
look at.
Guess I'll never invent anything , but with duct tape and some imagination,
you can make anything work!
I suggest you upgrade to an argyle sock

When travelling, I admit using a headboard with higher round knobs on each end was nice. I just draped my hose around the back and the knob kept it from slipping off. My hubby and I decided after pricing a headboard and matching bedroom furniture to the price of the Travel Buddy left the new hose hanger a winner.

rested gal

Post by rested gal » Sat Sep 27, 2008 11:49 am

Georgio and yorkiemum01 ... you've each earned a trophy!

Congrats to both of you, for the cool ideas.

Your hose hanger fixes are now included on the Lab Rat Awards page, under the "Main Air Hose Management" category:
LINKS to LAB RAT AWARD Winners
viewtopic.php?p=127492