Numbness in fingers and CPAP?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
WorrypasCanada

Numbness in fingers and CPAP?

Post by WorrypasCanada » Sun Apr 20, 2008 7:23 am

Hello,

It is my first time on this forum. Found this forum via CPAP online store links.

On rare occasion, I wake up at night with numbness in my fingers. As soon as I wake up, the numbness goes away. What does it mean?

Thanks for your replies.

CPAPopedia Keywords Contained In This Post (Click For Definition): CPAP

Last edited by WorrypasCanada on Sun Apr 20, 2008 7:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

bap40

Post by bap40 » Sun Apr 20, 2008 7:28 am

Welcome to this forum. You will recieve great care here for almost any problem. I have not experienced any tingling, but what comes to mind is maybe the position of your hands is blocking blood the blood flow at night.
Brooke

ww

Re: Numbness in fingers and CPAP?

Post by ww » Sun Apr 20, 2008 10:18 pm

WorrypasCanada wrote:Hello,

It is my first time on this forum. Found this forum via CPAP online store links.

On rare occasion, I wake up at night with numbness in my fingers. As soon as I wake up, the numbness goes away. What does it mean?
You might get tested for carpel tunnel syndrome, which most of us get from typing on these computers with poor wrist support and is helped by wrist supports while sleeping.

zorrro13

Post by zorrro13 » Mon Apr 21, 2008 2:21 am

I get it a lot same as you especially if awakening from a deep sleep. Always wondered what that was..

CPAPopedia Keywords Contained In This Post (Click For Definition): Awakening

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Mon Apr 21, 2008 12:56 pm

Poor blood circulation, Diabetes, other medical problems, can cause that, I wouldn't consider that XPAP to ba the cause. In my case it's caused by low heart output and diabetes. maybe I'm using the wrong drain cleaner. Jim
Use data to optimize your xPAP treatment!

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire

Post by Guest » Mon Apr 21, 2008 4:01 pm

Mild carpal tunnel syndrome would be my first guess (and that's after seeing many many patients with the same thing in a neurologist's office over the years).

Claire

Post by Claire » Mon Apr 21, 2008 5:36 pm

My daughter, who does not have apnea, has this problem. She found that getting a special pillow was effective in relieving the numbness. The problem was nerves in her neck.