What is your AHI average?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.

What is your average AHI?

0-2
64%
2-4
17%
4-6
6%
Greater than 6
12%

Total votes: 201

track

Post by track » Wed Feb 20, 2008 7:49 pm

M....I suspect there are a lot of people in our AHI boat..... more than a poll would suggest. It's sort of like getting a C in a class...no one speaks up or brags about getting a C but many who got an A do. In most classes C is still passing and the average....so we are average

roster

Post by roster » Wed Feb 20, 2008 7:54 pm

minerva wrote:
Julie wrote:Hi, I guess I'm a little curious to know what the point is here - are you looking to compare your stats with others, or what?
I'm just interested in seeing where people fall on the scale of their AHI, I'm not really sure why. Just nosy, I guess. I've never been able to get mine below 4, but I still feel like I'm getting good benefits from CPAP, and I've read posts here from people whose AHI is as high as 10 who still feel like they're getting good results. So I was just curious if the vast majority of CPAPers were down around that magic zero number, or whether the majority closer to having a higher AHI average.

M.

I have a vision that we will figure out an easy way to ensure that children develop wide, deep, healthy and attractive jaws and then obstructive sleep apnea becomes an obscure bit of history.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ycw4uaX ... re=related

DreamStalker

Post by DreamStalker » Wed Feb 20, 2008 8:12 pm

rooster wrote:
minerva wrote:
Julie wrote:Hi, I guess I'm a little curious to know what the point is here - are you looking to compare your stats with others, or what?
I'm just interested in seeing where people fall on the scale of their AHI, I'm not really sure why. Just nosy, I guess. I've never been able to get mine below 4, but I still feel like I'm getting good benefits from CPAP, and I've read posts here from people whose AHI is as high as 10 who still feel like they're getting good results. So I was just curious if the vast majority of CPAPers were down around that magic zero number, or whether the majority closer to having a higher AHI average.

M.
President-pretender, J. Biden, said "the DNC has built the largest voter fraud organization in US history". Too bad they didn’t build the smartest voter fraud organization and got caught.

roster

Post by roster » Wed Feb 20, 2008 8:18 pm

[quote="DreamStalker"]

Woo hooo! ... Way to go Rooster!!

roster

Post by roster » Wed Feb 20, 2008 8:20 pm

Well even with A-Flex, turning up the pressure caused this old problem to come back:

viewtopic.php?t=19703&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0.

I miss Pedroski. Loved that church cartoon.

DreamStalker

Post by DreamStalker » Thu Feb 21, 2008 5:46 am

rooster wrote:Well even with A-Flex, turning up the pressure caused this old problem to come back:

viewtopic.php?t=19703&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0.

I miss Pedroski. Loved that church cartoon.
When I started treatment, I went through a phase of aerophagia. It was never a deal braker for me on continuing the treament (or maybe I'm just one of those better able to deal with gas ... I won't elaborate). Anyway, after about a month the aerophagia just went away on its own. I think for me, my body just adapted as I no longer have the issue.

Perhaps just giving it some time?

President-pretender, J. Biden, said "the DNC has built the largest voter fraud organization in US history". Too bad they didn’t build the smartest voter fraud organization and got caught.

roster

Post by roster » Thu Feb 21, 2008 12:12 pm

DreamStalker wrote:
When I started treatment, I went through a phase of aerophagia. .... Anyway, after about a month the aerophagia just went away on its own.....
Perhaps just giving it some time?
I have seen others post this and have hopes it will go away for me also. It already was not so bad this morning as the first night.

As mentioned, once I cranked the pressure up I had AHI of 0.1 the first night. Last night my AHI was 0.5. I wonder if I should crank up the pressure another 0.5 cm tonight? I would really like to see zero events night after night.

BTW, I was running pressure range 8 - 10 with A-Flex setting 3 and now have it 10 - 12 with A-Flex setting of 3.

Still using my backpack to force side sleeping.

CPAPopedia Keywords Contained In This Post (Click For Definition): AHI, aerophagia

I have a vision that we will figure out an easy way to ensure that children develop wide, deep, healthy and attractive jaws and then obstructive sleep apnea becomes an obscure bit of history.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ycw4uaX ... re=related

track

Post by track » Thu Feb 21, 2008 10:17 pm

Rooster....are you still wearing the water pack to bed or did you switch to an actual backpack?

billbolton

Post by billbolton » Thu Feb 21, 2008 10:32 pm

rooster wrote:I would really like to see zero events night after night.
Its your call what you do, but zero events doesn't necessarily mean better sleep that any other number less 5.0 events.

Cheers,

Bill

roster

Post by roster » Fri Feb 22, 2008 8:15 pm

track wrote:Rooster....are you still wearing the water pack to bed or did you switch to an actual backpack?
Well yes and no.

It is a Camelbak similar to this one:

I stuffed a 20-ounce empty water bottle in it between the bladder and the side against my back. The pack is very light weight and comfortable. It is nearly impossible to roll onto my back with it on.

It is working for me. I need to find that old thread and update it. Know where it is?

Track, what are you doing now? I found a job and don't spend much time here now. Hopefully, I will be fired soon.

thecpapguy!

Re: What is your AHI average?

Post by thecpapguy! » Sun Mar 13, 2016 6:09 pm

I started at pressures of 8-12 cmH20 with an AHI consistently maintaining at 4-6 events/hour. I am using a Repsironics Dreamstation Auto and since this manufacturers algorithm reacts somewhat slower to react I increased my pressure to help to 10-13 cmH20 and now my events/hour are controlled at 0.5 to 0.9 nightly.

I don't think anyone cares about this, but I thought this poll was interesting and that I would share!

LSAT

Post by LSAT » Mon Mar 14, 2016 7:46 am

8 year old poll with very little activity.............

blownaway

Post by blownaway » Tue Mar 15, 2016 12:22 pm

Timely poll for me as i been thinking about this.

I opened up S.H. this ayem to see a shocking AHI of 0.00 and leak rate of 2%.
None of that is anywhere near normal.
No idea what accounts for this other than I pulled straps a little tighter.
I had instances when tightening up increased the leak rate, so damned if I do and damned if I don't.

lilly747

Post by lilly747 » Tue Apr 05, 2016 1:13 pm

thecpapguy! wrote:I started at pressures of 8-12 cmH20 with an AHI consistently maintaining at 4-6 events/hour. I am using a Repsironics Dreamstation Auto and since this manufacturers algorithm reacts somewhat slower to react I increased my pressure to help to 10-13 cmH20 and now my events/hour are controlled at 0.5 to 0.9 nightly.

I don't think anyone cares about this, but I thought this poll was interesting and that I would share!
Thanks for sharing...good food for thought...

tmoody

Post by tmoody » Tue Apr 19, 2016 7:46 am

Since I've only had ASV for a little over a month, I'll just do my April average, which is 3.7. On APAP, before complex apnea was diagnosed/confirmed, it was 12.

Now, the majority of my AHI consists of hypos, with the occasional OA or CA sneaking through, often during SWJ.