Directions for Toilet Seat covering.

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Severeena

Directions for Toilet Seat covering.

Post by Severeena » Fri May 06, 2005 3:32 pm

Take the head gear off of the mask. Trace around the outside of the mask on some scrap material and then cut. Hold the material onto the mask and then make a slit and then judge the inside of the mask.

I made four of these out of an old bandana handkerchief and I have room for eight more.

I also used the zig zag stitch on the sewing machine to keep the material from fraying.

Finally got a night sleep and I am about ready to drop now.

Not all Masks work for everyone. Each Person is Different.

Titrator

Post by Titrator » Fri May 06, 2005 4:32 pm

Hi Severeena,

Interesting what you have done. Tell me, what does using the material on your headgear do for you?

Severeena

Post by Severeena » Sat May 07, 2005 5:04 pm

The material goescovers the area under where the FF mask fits on the face.
This keeps the mask from leaking.

Post by Guest » Sat May 07, 2005 7:51 pm

Remove from dispenser on wall . Carefully place on seat without tearing. Lower your butt straight down onto seat. Any side or for-aft movement will cause seatcover to move and cause direct butt to seat contact . You may practice at your local airport restroom. Be advised the autoflush will operate in 5 minutes even if you are still on the toilet .

Severeena

Post by Severeena » Sat May 07, 2005 7:57 pm

I don't think you would want this cover to go down the drain.
Maybe they should be called Anti Farting covers for the Ultra Mirage Full Face Mask.

ballast949

new cover

Post by ballast949 » Sun May 08, 2005 1:27 am

I replaced my tissue paper cover with one made from a handkerchief as Severeena has done. Had a truly tremendous nights's sleep for a change. It does the following:

1. It cuts WAY down on the cushion leaks especially at high pressures

2. Keeps the cushion seal from "blowing out" if you lift the mask away from your face a little to scratch your chin or nose. Normally I have to remove the hose, unhook a strap, lift the mask, scratch, reseat the mask, re-clip it and reconnect the hose.

3. Allows me to shift he mask around a little when the strap pressure starts to feel uncomfortable, without needing to remove pressure, and without producing a lot of mask noise.

4. Is actually a little more comfortable feeling than the cushion plastic. I don't sweat as much from the contact and it eliminates the clammy feeling.

I did use four small pieces of surgical paper tape to keep the cover in place, but I have not sewn mine yet.

I have taken pictures and sent a written description to REMstar, suggesting they look into producing someting like this with an elastic outer rim that would keep the cloth in place (kind of like headphone cushions).
ballast949
------------
Respironics Bipap Pro2 at 20/17.5 with BiFlex at 2
& Heated Humidifier & Ultra Mirage Series 2 Full Face Mask - Encore Card reader & software

Severeena

Post by Severeena » Sun May 08, 2005 8:36 am

ballast949, I am glad that this was able to help you get a good night's sleep finally.

I hope others will give this a try.

Nenetx2004

Post by Nenetx2004 » Fri May 13, 2005 8:24 am

Ballast,

Could you post your pictures here? I'd like to see how big the inner section you cut out is. This sounds like a great idea! I love my full face mask but still contend with leaks.

Thanks, Severeena!

Jeanne

Rockside

Post by Rockside » Fri May 13, 2005 11:15 am

you need to patent your design so that REMStar doesn't get all the credit and you could sell your design.

ballast949

Post by ballast949 » Fri May 13, 2005 12:19 pm

I will post some pictures as soon as I figure out where to host them. In looking at my card readouts, I have noticed that my leakage has gone up a little since I started using the gasket. But my AHI has gone down and is consistently near or below 5. The important thing for me is that those leaks no longer produce enough noise to keep me awake and I can now make minor adjustments to mask position at full pressure.

I thought about the profit possibilities in producing/patenting the "gasket", but that's a lot of work and I would rather see it produced so that it was available to everyone. I am currently working on improving the design a little.
ballast949
------------
& Heated Humidifier & Ultra Mirage Series 2 Full Face Mask - Encore Card reader & software

Severeena

Post by Severeena » Fri May 13, 2005 2:35 pm

I cannot afford to patent this because of how much the patent costs.

Rockside

Post by Rockside » Mon May 16, 2005 5:34 am

Thank you for talking about this. After reading your posts, I made my Fart Gasket 2005. I would like to improve it somewhat. I took two pieces of material and put some filling between them and because I can not sew I took the No Sew paper and made mine. I had only two blow outs in 2 days which decreased significantly.
Thanks again

Severeena

Post by Severeena » Mon May 16, 2005 7:21 am

Tom keeps telling me to put two pieces together.
I am thinking of folding the material and leaving the one side folded and the sew the other three side.

Stitch Witch is good to use also, but when you wash them, never use fabric softner.

ballast949

Post by ballast949 » Mon May 16, 2005 8:49 am

Those of you using some form of the gasket - what pressure(s) are you set at? I am curious if the primary help is for high pressure settings.
ballast949
------------

Rockside

Post by Rockside » Mon May 16, 2005 8:53 am

I am at a 14