NEW CPAP CHAT WEBSITE!!!

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
cpapchat

NEW CPAP CHAT WEBSITE!!!

Post by cpapchat » Thu Aug 09, 2007 2:33 pm

Check out www .cpapchatter. com

Brand new CPAP Chat website. Come and chat about CPAP!

- CPAP Chatter

drummergirl410

Post by drummergirl410 » Fri Aug 10, 2007 8:06 am

I signed up there, the more hoseheads, the merrier!

Having said that though, this forum is alreasy inhabited with numerous people who have a wealth of knowledge to offer!
Joined the Hosehead Club on 7/26/2007 100% Compliant for four months... and counting!

cpapchat2

Post by cpapchat2 » Sat Aug 11, 2007 3:09 am

Yes which is great, but cpapchatter.com will generate possibly more information about cpap that cpaptalk might not talk about, and since its new people will beable to find things easily than having to search through over 300 pages of information.

Snoredog

Post by Snoredog » Sat Aug 11, 2007 3:56 am

[quote="cpapchat2"]Yes which is great, but cpapchatter.com will generate possibly more information about cpap that cpaptalk might not talk about, and since its new people will beable to find things easily than having to search through over 300 pages of information.

someday science will catch up to what I'm saying...

Post by Guest » Sat Aug 11, 2007 7:10 am

If you are starting a new website, I think most of us would be interested in knowing who is spnsoring it, is this an individual patient or sleep professional or organization or established business.

I couldn't find any information about who or why the website is being offered.

Who are you and what is your mission

Bert_Mathews

Post by Bert_Mathews » Sat Aug 11, 2007 7:37 am

Who about Phill's sit http://www.mycpap.org/index.php
At least support the software??

BERT

Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint.
http://www.sharpstones.com

cpapchat3

Post by cpapchat3 » Sat Aug 11, 2007 11:22 am

CPAP Supplies Plus is our organization. We have made this site to generate more information through the web. Yes I know that this site has loads of information but why not make the community stronger by adding a second bulletin board that will offer the same or possibly more information?

mommaw

Post by mommaw » Sat Aug 11, 2007 12:43 pm

Seems to me all you are trying to do is drum up business and get free advertising on this forum. Your reasons don't make sense, IMHO.

Snoredog

Post by Snoredog » Sat Aug 11, 2007 1:59 pm

[quote="cpapchat3"]CPAP Supplies Plus is our organization. We have made this site to generate more information through the web. Yes I know that this site has loads of information but why not make the community stronger by adding a second bulletin board that will offer the same or possibly more information?

someday science will catch up to what I'm saying...

GoofyUT

Bad ethics

Post by GoofyUT » Sat Aug 11, 2007 2:22 pm

I'm simply AMAZED that I find myself actually agreeing with Snoredog, for once!!!! Your intrusion onto a competitor's sponsored web-site for the purposes of sneaking in an advertisement for your company and potentially stealing business from this site's sponsor doesn't speak well of your business ethics.

I won't do any business with you as a result of your unethical indiscretion here, and I'd strongly urge my colleagues in this forum community to cast a long and cynical glance at your enterprise before doing business with you themselves.

Really BAD judgment!!!

Chuck
People are dying every day in Darfur simply for who they are!!! PLEASE HELP THEM!
http://www.savedarfur.org

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Sat Aug 11, 2007 2:36 pm

I'll have to agree, poor taste indeed, and you all know what I stand for, i vote with my billfold, I don't think any green will fall out on them from mine.

Spam's, not in any business model that I'd buy from. Jim

And by the way, Thanks for the server upgrade, I think it helped page loading.
Use data to optimize your xPAP treatment!

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire

leaveye

Post by leaveye » Sat Aug 11, 2007 3:38 pm

cpapchatter.com just isn't impressive enough to me. I looks at first like it's the same setup as this forum, with guest posting, no moderator, and no dedicated forums for specific topics. Without any new features or something spiffy, why the hell would I go over there? At least show some damned innovation!

-L
"I am not an Athenian or a Greek, but a citizen of the world."
-Diogenes

j.a.taylor

Post by j.a.taylor » Sat Aug 11, 2007 4:52 pm

cpapchat,

Judging from the replies, I think you've shot yourself in the foot.

Learn from the mistake, go home and lick your wounds, and avoid competitive advertising on someone else's forum.
John A. Taylor

BrianRT

Post by BrianRT » Sun Aug 12, 2007 8:38 am

As an aside (and an honest question) which other forums are pretty good?

apneasupport? talkaboutsleep? others?

I know CPAPtalk rocks hard, but what other ones do you guys frequent and find useful?

I'm continually trying to broaden my knowledge base (so I can become a Cpap god......ok I'm kidding LOL) but there's always something to learn out there

To know even one life has breathed easier because you lived. This is to have succeeded. -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

John_M

Post by John_M » Sun Aug 12, 2007 8:50 am

BrianRT wrote:As an aside (and an honest question) which other forums are pretty good?

Check out the Forums page on the Sleep Apnea Wiki

Please add more useful forums to this page.

Thanks

John M
Started CP Jan 10, 06. Orig AHI 37, now 0.4.

Index for newbies at http://cpapindex.dreamsharing.net

Sleep Apnea Wiki