I Got the Analyzer, How do I show YOU?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
socknitster

I Got the Analyzer, How do I show YOU?

Post by socknitster » Fri Jul 06, 2007 1:53 pm

I just downloaded James Skinner's Encore Pro Analyzer. Very impressed with it, thank you James!

Am I right in thinking the only way to show you a chart from the analyzer is to post it on a personal website and then post the url?

I tried copy and paste, but it won't let me.

I'd just like to get some experienced "takes" on my sleep data thus far.

jen

Snoredog

Post by Snoredog » Fri Jul 06, 2007 2:17 pm

in order to display your report, you need to use snagit, or other screen capture utility to save the graph to a .jpg image (or print to PDF).

Then you need to save that image on your ISP's website or other website like imageshack, photobucket etc.

One you have those images accessible publicly with your browser, then you link to them from here. You simply find that image where it is store on the website, either copy the URL to the image or right click on the picture and pull the address, then you use the Img tag button and paste the URL between then "close" the tag by hitting the Img button again.

You can use the "Img" button to have it displayed here or if you only want it to be a link you can use the "URL" button. IF the image is large (I try to keep everything under about 60kb), you may want to use the URL instead.
someday science will catch up to what I'm saying...

Bogof

Post by Bogof » Fri Jul 06, 2007 2:22 pm

To add to that...

There are many free image hosting sites like this one: http://imageshack.us/

Also, on most computers you can simply press CTRL+PrtScn (one of the buttons above the arrow buttons on my keyboard). This saves a screenshot on the clipboard. Then simply open MS Paint or and paste the image on an empty canvas. Save as JPG (not BMP please, too large) and upload it to such a hosting site.

socknitster

Post by socknitster » Fri Jul 06, 2007 2:25 pm

That is what I thought! Thanks for the info. Printing now for future reference. Since I may not get around to it for a while.

My card reader isn't found again. This is such a pain in the patout! Nothing has changed since the last time I schlepped my card into the living room from the bedroom. I never moved the reader, it remained plugged into its usb port.

I tried to figure it out on my own, but I need my husband to help. This is going to get old really, really fast. I can't see me keeping up with this, if it is going to be troublesome every time!

jen

cwsanfor

Post by cwsanfor » Fri Jul 06, 2007 5:38 pm

With jskinner's excellent Encore Pro Analyzer, you can just click on the little diskette icon, or go File > Save As and save the image in several formats.

Tip: if you size the EPA window so that it is the same size as the image you are going to create, it will be rendered with a minimum of distortion.

Snoredog

Post by Snoredog » Fri Jul 06, 2007 5:56 pm

socknitster wrote:That is what I thought! Thanks for the info. Printing now for future reference. Since I may not get around to it for a while.

My card reader isn't found again. This is such a pain in the patout! Nothing has changed since the last time I schlepped my card into the living room from the bedroom. I never moved the reader, it remained plugged into its usb port.

I tried to figure it out on my own, but I need my husband to help. This is going to get old really, really fast. I can't see me keeping up with this, if it is going to be troublesome every time!

jen
I have a Sony VAIO S-260 laptop, never have been able to install it on that laptop where it would work, I have 4 others it works on. The reader shows up in Device Manager but EncorePro can never find it. I've tried all version from 1.24 to 1.8.

I figure that is why they pulled the software, I have a lot of computer experience, can only imagine what someone like a doctors office goes through attempting to get it to work. The software is so poorly written and relies on 4 year old code from Mako that is not even USB 2.0 compliant or Windows certified, I can see why so many have problems with it. I can only imagine it is worse in Vista because that is the only driver they seem to include on the CD-Rom.
someday science will catch up to what I'm saying...

John_M

Please comment on a set of instructions on posting images

Post by John_M » Fri Jul 06, 2007 6:45 pm

socknitster wrote:..
Am I right in thinking the only way to show you a chart from the analyzer is to post it on a personal website and then post the url?
Jen,
This question comes up often and I have been struggling with it myself recently.

I have roughed out a set of explicit instructions on how to post images at http://sleepapnea.wikia.com/wiki/CPAPta ... ing_images. I would appreciate your's and other users comments on how to improve the instructions.

Its in Wiki form so anyone can go and there and improve it. Just hit Edit, change the text and press Save when you are done.

John M
Started CP Jan 10, 06. Orig AHI 37, now 0.4.

Index for newbies at http://cpapindex.dreamsharing.net

Sleep Apnea Wiki

socknitster

Post by socknitster » Sat Jul 07, 2007 12:06 pm

John,

That is just the kind of step by step help that I needed! Thanks!

Snoredog,

So, what do you do when it says reader not found? What is your next step?

Jen