OSCAR v1.1.0 is now Released!!

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
lacro

Re: OSCAR v1.1.0 is now Released!!

Post by lacro » Fri Apr 24, 2020 9:53 am

BlueDragon wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2020 11:38 am
lacro wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2020 11:21 am
Any idea what is going on? Look at the charts below. they are both from the same night (see date), but have different data. My AHI's have all doubled from my previous charts all the way back to the beginning???
The pressure settings in the first chart are flagged as "guessed." That happens when the day cannot be found in one of the data files (the STR.EDF file). The second chart does include data from str.edf and the pressure settings shown there should be accurate. What are the pressure settings on your machine?

The doubled data is strange. I suggest you try creating a new profile and importing your SD card into the new profile. Let us know how that works.
I closed Oscar, and re-opened it. Everything is back to normal. I didn't create a new profile, just closed/opened Oscar. Also, I checked last nights data and everything is working normal. Thanks for the help with this and thanks to the whole team for all your work.

BlueDragon

Post by BlueDragon » Fri Apr 24, 2020 12:23 pm

lacro wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2020 11:21 am
Any idea what is going on? Look at the charts below. they are both from the same night (see date), but have different data. My AHI's have all doubled from my previous charts all the way back to the beginning???
Glad to hear the doubling disappeared after closing and re-opening OSCAR.

I'd like to know when the doubling occurred, so we can address that as well. Was it immediately after the database was updated, without having restarted OSCAR? Did you see any doubling after restarting OSCAR after the database upgrade?

Thanks.

OSCAR 1.5.1 is the latest release.
OSCAR Team
ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto, F&P Brevida.
FlashAir SD and FlashPap for data transfer.

lacro

Post by lacro » Mon Apr 27, 2020 4:39 pm

When I first updated Oscar, the pressure was wrong, but the there was no data doubling. However, when I checked the next day to see the previous nights data on the sd card, that is when the doubling occurred. When closing and then reopening Oscar is when everything showed correctly, and has stayed ok since.

ronragus

Post by ronragus » Tue Apr 28, 2020 4:27 pm

Is there a brokenGL shortcut like the sleepyhead does? thanks

BlueDragon

Post by BlueDragon » Tue Apr 28, 2020 4:29 pm

ronragus wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 4:27 pm
Is there a brokenGL shortcut like the sleepyhead does? thanks
Yes, hold down the SHIFT key when you start OSCAR 1.1.0. Keep holding the key down until the first window appears.

OSCAR Team

ClayL
Location: Palisade, CO now, was Full time in a motor home for 12 years- Anywhere USA

Post by ClayL » Wed Apr 29, 2020 12:01 pm

Since I updated to the latest version two days ago, when Oscar first comes up a box wanting to update the data base comes up. After I click OK then another box just like the one before comes up. After I click it Oscar opens up properly. This occurs every I time open Oscar. Anyone know why this is happening?
Respironics DreamStation
Pressure = 11.5 min 14.5 max
C-Flex = 1

Dreamwear FF

BlueDragon

Post by BlueDragon » Wed Apr 29, 2020 12:02 pm

lacro wrote:
Mon Apr 27, 2020 4:39 pm
When I first updated Oscar, the pressure was wrong, but the there was no data doubling. However, when I checked the next day to see the previous nights data on the sd card, that is when the doubling occurred. When closing and then reopening Oscar is when everything showed correctly, and has stayed ok since.
You might want to edit your signature block so that it shows the correct machine -- ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet, which is what you have, not an AirStart. Look under "R" on the list of machines to choose from.

OSCAR Team

BlueDragon

Post by BlueDragon » Wed Apr 29, 2020 12:13 pm

ClayL wrote:
Wed Apr 29, 2020 12:01 pm
Since I updated to the latest version two days ago, when Oscar first comes up a box wanting to update the data base comes up. After I click OK then another box just like the one before comes up. After I click it Oscar opens up properly. This occurs every I time open Oscar. Anyone know why this is happening?
You would normally see the "update the database" box come up for each machine you had in your profile. If have two machines, then the update request would be issued twice. Do you have two machines in your profile?

However, the update should be a one-time event and you should not be asked again after restarting OSCAR. Does OSCAR appear to be closing normally when you finish using OSCAR after the updates?

OSCAR Team

ClayL
Location: Palisade, CO now, was Full time in a motor home for 12 years- Anywhere USA

Post by ClayL » Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:57 am

I do have a backup machine but the box only wants to upgrade the backup machine database and both boxes reference the same backup machine . No database update is requested for the machine I use daily, Oscar seems to work and close properly other than twice wanting to update the backup machine database.
Respironics DreamStation
C-Flex = 1

Dreamwear FF

BlueDragon

Post by BlueDragon » Thu Apr 30, 2020 11:49 am

ClayL wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:57 am
I do have a backup machine but the box only wants to upgrade the backup machine database and both boxes reference the same backup machine . No database update is requested for the machine I use daily, Oscar seems to work and close properly other than twice wanting to update the backup machine database.
I need to better understand your exact configuration and what you mean by "backup machine." I'll start off by apologizing if I have misunderstood what you mean by backup.

Do you have two computers, with OSCAR installed on each? Is it exactly the same version of OSCAR on each machine (1.1.0)? Does each computer have it's own OSCAR_Data folder, or do both computers access the same database on another computer? If each computer has a separate database, how do you synchronize the databases (presuming you do)? Do you import to each one separately, or do you copy files from to the other?

OSCAR Team

ClayL

Post by ClayL » Fri May 01, 2020 9:18 am

I should have said backup CPAP machine. I use it if my main unit fails. It has Oscar installed. Oscar was installed when I was using it daily so some info about it is in Oscar on my daily use CPAP machine. The database of that CPAP is what Oscar seems to be updating over and over.
Respironics DreamStation
C-Flex = 1

Dreamwear FF

BlueDragon

Post by BlueDragon » Fri May 01, 2020 11:15 am

ClayL wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 9:18 am
I should have said backup CPAP machine. I use it if my main unit fails. It has Oscar installed. Oscar was installed when I was using it daily so some info about it is in Oscar on my daily use CPAP machine. The database of that CPAP is what Oscar seems to be updating over and over.
Thanks! Do you have a separate profile for each CPAP machine? Or a separate OSCAR_Data folder for each?

What models are the primary and backup machines? Please include the exact model numbers so we can confirm that the backup machine is fully supported.

I would appreciate your sending us some debug information. Run OSCAR and cause the database(s) to be updated again. Select Help/Troubleshooting/Show Debug Page. Copy the entire contents of the debug pane (click on it, Ctrl-A, Ctrl-C) and post that in a PM to me. I recommend sending a PM rather than posting that information in the forum as it is large and may contain personal information.

EDIT: Do you start Oscar, open your main machine profile, import from your SD card or whatever else you do, then switch profiles to your backup machine, where you are then asked to update the database? If that is the sequence, then I think I have reproduced the problem -- I just hope it is the problem one you have!

OSCAR Team

ClayL

Post by ClayL » Sat May 02, 2020 11:55 am

I did a terrible job of explaining my problem Lets see if I can do better this time.
I have used SleepyHead on three CPAP machines.

1) Phillips Respironics M Series
2) Phillips Respironics System One 60 series
3) Phillips Respironics Dreamstation

The Dreamstation is my current machine. When I switched to it from the M Series I used the SD card from the System One and put the Dreamsation SD card aside.
When Oscar became available I installed it and it worked fine. The new version wants to update the database for the Respironics M Series which did not use a SD card but rather a Smart card. I haven't used it for over ten years. Sleepyhead must have a record of it from when I imported data from it when I got the System One and it was then imported into the Dreamstation. Oscar got it when I imported data from Sleepyhead.
So hopefully that all makes more sense than my other posts.
Respironics DreamStation
C-Flex = 1

Dreamwear FF

BlueDragon

Post by BlueDragon » Sat May 02, 2020 12:31 pm

ClayL wrote:
Sat May 02, 2020 11:55 am
1) Phillips Respironics M Series
2) Phillips Respironics System One 60 series
3) Phillips Respironics Dreamstation

The Dreamstation is my current machine. When I switched to it from the M Series I used the SD card from the System One and put the Dreamsation SD card aside.
When Oscar became available I installed it and it worked fine. The new version wants to update the database for the Respironics M Series which did not use a SD card but rather a Smart card. I haven't used it for over ten years. Sleepyhead must have a record of it from when I imported data from it when I got the System One and it was then imported into the Dreamstation. Oscar got it when I imported data from Sleepyhead.
So hopefully that all makes more sense than my other posts.
What is the model number of the Respironics M series machine so I can check to see that we have tested OSCAR with that model?

In OSCAR, are all three machines in one profile, or do you have a separate profile for each machine? If all in one profile, please show me a list of folders in that profile. Also, if in one profile, I would like to see the contents of the machines.xml file -- just open with a text editor and copy the contents. I suggest sending the XML file by PM rather than posting in the forum. If in separate profiles, please send me the machines.xml file from the Respironics M series profile.

OSCAR Team

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sat May 02, 2020 12:54 pm

BlueDragon wrote:
Sat May 02, 2020 12:31 pm
What is the model number of the Respironics M series machine so I can check to see that we have tested OSCAR with that model?
M Series machines all use the smart card for data storage and they also require the Infineer DT 3500 for the card reading and install to the software on the computer. No other way to do it to my knowledge and I don't think SleepyHead was ever compatible with any machine (ResMed S8 and older also used the smart card technology) that used smart cards.

If OSCAR continually asks for something to help it with the M series stuff it may be that what it needs isn't available but it still wants to look.

Did you all ever use Smart Cards for data???

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.