My Encore difficulty, request for tech support

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Ligament

My Encore difficulty, request for tech support

Post by Ligament » Wed Dec 20, 2006 6:50 pm

Hi All,

I have Encore Pro version 1.5.77, database version 10.17 installed on Win XP Pro.

When I launch My Encore, I get the following error message:

"My Encore - Error"

myencore will close
Index #0
Line Number: 0
Source: .net sqlclient data provider
Procedure: Connection open (Connect().

please advise! thanks!

cflame1

Post by cflame1 » Wed Dec 20, 2006 6:53 pm

try getting encore pro analyzer... there's a thread for it somewhere around here... the developer is a regular poster (though on vacation). the myencore developer hasn't been seen around here in awhile.

blarg

Post by blarg » Wed Dec 20, 2006 7:01 pm

Encore is having trouble connecting to the database that was installed with it. Is the SQL server running? (There should be an icon for it in your tray, which is the area to the bottom right by the clock.)

rested gal

Post by rested gal » Wed Dec 20, 2006 7:28 pm

Ligament, as blarg said, gotta have that SQL server running in order to get Encore Pro to work. The little icon that tells you if the SQL server is running (green) or not (red) is in the "tray" that also displays the time. The on/off icons for the SQL server look like this:

green - Encore Pro will work:

red - Encore Pro can't connect to the database:

I turn it on before I start to actually use Encore Pro, and I turn it off when I've exited from Encore Pro. I don't leave it running all the time.

Wulfman

Post by Wulfman » Wed Dec 20, 2006 9:50 pm

You also need Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 installed, too.

Den
(5) REMstar Autos w/C-Flex & (6) REMstar Pro 2 CPAPs w/C-Flex - Pressure Setting = 14 cm.
"Passover" Humidification - ResMed Ultra Mirage FF - Encore Pro w/Card Reader & MyEncore software - Chiroflow pillow
User since 05/14/05

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Wed Dec 20, 2006 9:55 pm

You have installed the WRONG version of MyEncore, you need to unstall version 15b7 of MyEncore to work with your version of Encore Pro. Jim

Use data to optimize your xPAP treatment!

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire

Post by Guest » Thu Dec 21, 2006 6:14 am

If you end up using the Encore Pro Analyzer you will need the .net 2.0 framework.

Also, what is the reason for not keeping the SQL thing running all the time? Should I turn on only when I am using encore pro? If it is a hacking/open to attacks issue, does the fact that I do not have high speed and use dial up obviate the need to turn it on/off (live in the boonies and verizon keeps saying they will get fios of dsl but it probably will not happen for at least another ten years).

TM

tmaiberger

Post by tmaiberger » Thu Dec 21, 2006 6:17 am

Here is the link I have for James Skinner's program, Encore Pro Analyzer.

http://james.istop.com/EncoreProAnalyzer/download/

TM

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Thu Dec 21, 2006 8:32 am

[quote="Anonymous"]If you end up using the Encore Pro Analyzer you will need the .net 2.0 framework.

Also, what is the reason for not keeping the SQL thing running all the time? Should I turn on only when I am using encore pro? If it is a hacking/open to attacks issue, does the fact that I do not have high speed and use dial up obviate the need to turn it on/off (live in the boonies and verizon keeps saying they will get fios of dsl but it probably will not happen for at least another ten years).

TM

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire

Ligament

Post by Ligament » Thu Dec 21, 2006 6:57 pm

aha! where can I download the correct version of myencore? thanks!

[quote="Goofproof"]You have installed the WRONG version of MyEncore, you need to unstall version 15b7 of MyEncore to work with your version of Encore Pro. Jim

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Thu Dec 21, 2006 8:46 pm

Ligament wrote:aha! where can I download the correct version of myencore? thanks!
Goofproof wrote:You have installed the WRONG version of MyEncore, you need to unstall version 15b7 of MyEncore to work with your version of Encore Pro. Jim
http://lewiston.mit.edu/myencore/myencore15b7.msi