need roach-proof bipap cover

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Pugsy

Re: need roach-proof bipap cover

Post by Pugsy » Sat Mar 23, 2019 7:09 am

Medical professionals tend to think that they have a monopoly on cpap/sleep apnea knowledge ....and they "know best" and maybe they do and maybe they don't. Often they don't even use cpap...just administer it...but no practical real life experience.

In my 10 years here at this forum we have seen a lot of "sleep techs" come here and infer that they are smarter than we are because they went to school to learn all this stuff they "know" because they are the "Professionals". Usually gets ugly because there is a rather wide variety of opinions on just how much is really known. Hey, when I had the time I used to hang out over at the sleep tech forum....man if you guys think we get ugly here you should read the wide variety of differing opinions over on that forum and how heatedly those opinions get defended. Makes this forum look mild with our heated discussions knock down drag out fist fights.

Just because someone has gone to school and comes away with some fancy letters after their name doesn't mean they walk on water and speak the gospel about anything in life much less cpap. They have opinions based on their own experience....they are free to express those opinions here...but those of us here with differing opinions are just as free to express our opinions about their opinions.

And I get to say this as someone who is (or was before I retired) a medical professional and I do have some fancy letters after my name (and what they are is no one's business but my own).

So to the newest sleep tech who came here to help out and share your experience....we welcome everyone sharing their experience but you need to realize that not everyone is going to agree with you and they will likely speak up when they don't. They have the same right's to express their opinions as you do. Most of the members here are here because the medical system failed them...their doctors and DMEs failed them in the support department. If things were all hunky dory they wouldn't be seeking help in a forum like this would they??? They would be blissfully happy at having all their problems and questions solved by their medical care team and have zero need to even find a forum like this.
So the bulk of the people here...have a major distrust of anyone who claims to have anything to do with the medical care community because they were let down. You could say the sun rose in the East and set in the West and people would question it because they just don't care for anything spouted off by the people who have failed them. It's unfortunate that you come here with excess baggage left here by other medical care professionals who have come here and proclaimed that because they went to school they are smarter than the rest of us and infer that we don't know beans. You aren't the first and won't be the last.

Your predecessors before you that have come and gone left us with a bad taste in our mouths because most treated us like we were stupid and our real life experience wasn't nearly as important as their book learning and their fancy letters after their name.

The cold hard fact of life is that just because you are a sleep tech doesn't mean that your opinion is any more valuable here than the next person and for some people it means your opinion is automatically suspect. It may not be earned but it is what it is.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Dog Slobber

Post by Dog Slobber » Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:57 am

Sleepy tech 1235 wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 1:45 am
Mind your own business and grow up.
This is a public forum where all topics are intended for open discussion. Simply put, all topics are everyone's business. May I suggest that if you want to take part in private business, then use the Private Messaging systems.

Sleepy tech 1235 wrote:
Ok palerider what exactly makes you equipped to say you know CPAP well. I have been around CPAP machines over 30 years how long have you been using them.
Do you not see the absurdity of asking for credentials on an anonymous message board system?

Any suggestions on how we might verify the expertise, education and experience of claims?

But since you want to start a dick-measuring contest, I'd like to play. Centimetres or inches? Centimetres sounds bigger.

I have a good friend, who I consult with frequently. Out of respect for his privacy, let's just say that instead of calling him by his first name, Colin, I usually refer to him by his nickname, Sullie.

I'd also like to add, that I slept in a Holiday Inn last night.

And finally, there are some people here who you definitely do NOT want to start dick-measuring contests with. They have drawers full of them and I understand they're all quite big.

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Sat Mar 23, 2019 11:43 am

Sleepy tech 1235 wrote:
Ok palerider what exactly makes you equipped to say you know CPAP well. I have been around CPAP machines over 30 years how long have you been using them. Mind your own business and grow up.
Being around something for 30 years, or forever is no sign you know anything about it, even what you are taught about by "EXPERTS", is no sign they know what they think they know. Many times they are just "MOUTHING", what they have heard, read or learned by others that don't know 'What's UP! The best test is listen wisely, sort it out for yourself what works for you. That doesn't mean it also applies to everyone else. :roll: Jim
Last edited by Goofproof on Sat Mar 23, 2019 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Use data to optimize your xPAP treatment!

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Sat Mar 23, 2019 11:50 am

Dog Slobber wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:57 am
Sleepy tech 1235 wrote:
This is a public forum where all topics are intended for open discussion. Simply put, all topics are everyone's business. May I suggest that if you want to take part in private business, then use the Private Messaging systems.

Sleepy tech 1235 wrote:
Ok palerider what exactly makes you equipped to say you know CPAP well. I have been around CPAP machines over 30 years how long have you been using them.
Do you not see the absurdity of asking for credentials on an anonymous message board system?

Any suggestions on how we might verify the expertise, education and experience of claims?

But since you want to start a dick-measuring contest, I'd like to play. Centimetres or inches? Centimetres sounds bigger.

I have a good friend, who I consult with frequently. Out of respect for his privacy, let's just say that instead of calling him by his first name, Colin, I usually refer to him by his nickname, Sullie.

And finally, there are some people here who you definitely do NOT want to start dick-measuring contests with. They have drawers full of them and I understand they're all quite big.

How about MM, I think it really comes down to your taught method of measuring system. I do both, but I'm Left Handed too. :lol: Jim

Start with millimeters or micro inches, we don't want to leave the unarmed out.

Remember as "Dr House states", everyone Lies! :mrgreen:

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire

zonker

Post by zonker » Sat Mar 23, 2019 12:02 pm

KnightSleeper wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 11:53 am

Someone recently used the phrase "beating a dead horse". How many more posts do we need to cover what Pugsy has already conveyed ??? - -Next???? :?:

deadhorse.gif
people say i'm self absorbed.
but that's enough about them.
Oscar-Win
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1-Win64.exe
Oscar-Mac
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1.dmg

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Sat Mar 23, 2019 12:06 pm

zonker wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 12:02 pm
KnightSleeper wrote:

Someone recently used the phrase "beating a dead horse". How many more posts do we need to cover what Pugsy has already conveyed ??? - -Next???? :?:

deadhorse.gif
It does make the Meat more tender. Jim

Dog Slobber

Post by Dog Slobber » Sat Mar 23, 2019 12:12 pm

Goofproof wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 12:06 pm
zonker wrote:
KnightSleeper wrote:

The secret to Ikea's meatballs.

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Sat Mar 23, 2019 12:37 pm

After many decades of refusing to eat Spam! 1965 Viet Nam, it's the only meat we had for two months Morning Noon and Supper. I went on a Spam and also Rice strike until last month, I'm still on a Rice strike.

Spam is now in the pantry, until I find a Horseshoe in the can. :lol: As bad as the Spam was for me in 1965, you can always count on the Army to find something worse, Freeze Dried Irradiated Food, nothing can grow on or in it, soak it it water and cook it, lasted 6 weeks without real food, lived on "C" Rations most of the time, at least we got rid of the old supplies, they were marked 1952, we ate our way up to 1958 before the year was up. Jim

babydinosnoreless

Post by babydinosnoreless » Sat Mar 23, 2019 1:08 pm

Dog Slobber wrote:
Sleepy tech 1235 wrote:

Sleepy tech 1235 wrote:

Hey no fair Pugsy, Froggie and I can't join this contest. :lol:

Dog Slobber

Post by Dog Slobber » Sat Mar 23, 2019 1:21 pm

babydinosnoreless wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 1:08 pm
Dog Slobber wrote:

Have you looked in the top drawer, near the back, under the T-shirts?

palerider

Post by palerider » Sat Mar 23, 2019 1:55 pm

KnightSleeper wrote:
In all fairness. having one person going over something repeatedly is one thing.

Having a group of people chiming in to refute someone that thinks they know everything, a bit of another.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

palerider

Post by palerider » Sat Mar 23, 2019 1:56 pm

Dog Slobber wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 12:12 pm
Goofproof wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 12:06 pm
zonker wrote:
KnightSleeper wrote:

The secret to Ikea's meatballs.
So, Knight was just tenderizing his ex-horse, I get it now...
Carry on! :D :lol: :lol: :lol:

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

palerider

Post by palerider » Sat Mar 23, 2019 1:58 pm

babydinosnoreless wrote:
Dog Slobber wrote:
Sleepy tech 1235 wrote:

Sleepy tech 1235 wrote:

Speak for yourself, I'm pretty sure Pugsy's clank when she walks.

babydinosnoreless

Post by babydinosnoreless » Sat Mar 23, 2019 2:25 pm

palerider wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 1:58 pm
babydinosnoreless wrote:
Dog Slobber wrote:
Sleepy tech 1235 wrote:

Sleepy tech 1235 wrote:

Speak for yourself, I'm pretty sure Pugsy's clank when she walks.
:lol: :lol: I think you are confusing anatomical parts. 😉 Her pair of titanium balls are not in dispute. :D

palerider

Post by palerider » Sat Mar 23, 2019 2:53 pm

KnightSleeper wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 2:27 pm
palerider wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 1:55 pm
zonker wrote:
KnightSleeper wrote:

In all fairness. having one person going over something repeatedly is one thing.

Having a group of people chiming in to refute someone that thinks they know everything, a bit of another.

Oh okay, I get it... it just depends on whose horse you're beating!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
That's one way to put it :lol:

If it's a know it all (and still wrong) sleep tech... well, that horse needs lots of tenderizing.