No SD Card in AirSense 10

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Pugsy

Re: No SD Card in AirSense 10

Post by Pugsy » Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:49 am

HoseCrusher wrote:
Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:46 am
RedMed may have stopped shipping them with the card...
I am thinking that is likely what has happened. Save a buck whenever they can. They are big on promoting the MyAir thing and no SD card forces people (DMEs) to use the MyAir thing.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:20 am

bnelsonr wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:13 pm
Okie bipap wrote:I just hook my thumbnail on the little blue thing and pull outward (to the left, away from the machine). On my machine, it is white instead of blue. Sometimes they are a little hard to open the first time.
Mine is blue and it didn't want to budge. I took a pair of pliers to the blue tab and pulled. It finally opened with considerable pulling.
The Sd slot was there but no card. I had a older Resmed SD card and put it in. it read it. I couldn't believe how much force it took.
The rubber door opens in the front with the hinge on the back side.
So that should answer the question for us that couldn't open the door.
SD Cards eject by pushing them into the machine, then they pop out a little for removal! Jim
Use data to optimize your xPAP treatment!

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire

John1409

Post by John1409 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 4:21 pm

I recently joined the CPAP club (Sept 2017) and received an Airsense 10. It did not have the SD card. The slot was empty and none in the package. This was under Medicare. and the door thingy is blue.
I've been trying different masks so I needed the info in Sleephead.
My wife has a slightly older Airsense 10. She has used the same pillows mask forever and wasn't interested in sleepyhead, so I've had an SD card in my machine from the beginning. :wink:

CPAP'er only since September 2017, so I have an excuse for being clueless.

chartle

Post by chartle » Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:28 am

To add more info to this thread my Sleep Dr for the 90 day follow up asked me to bring the card. when I picked up my machine the DME pointed to the slot where it could go but there was no card. Told them about the Sleep Dr and she sort of grumbled about the Dr not thinking they can see the info online, etc and put in a card.

Oddly 2 weeks or so in the sleep dr office called and was looking at my numbers and was thinking they may need to adjust them.

Maybe they need the SD card for compliance. But then again my Insurance and my Hospital network based sleep Dr are the same company.

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:02 pm

Communication--duh.

palerider

Post by palerider » Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:18 pm

There's a bit more data on the card than is transmitted wirelessly... the detailed flow and mask pressure aren't transmitted.... or so I've been told by a sleep doctor.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Cowboyup

Post by Cowboyup » Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:30 pm

My new AS10 didn’t have a card either. Can I just drop a spare card in ? Do I need to format some how?

palerider

Post by palerider » Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:32 pm

Cowboyup wrote:
Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:30 pm
My new AS10 didn’t have a card either. Can I just drop a spare card in ? Do I need to format some how?
Yes.
No.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Cowboyup

Post by Cowboyup » Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:33 pm

Thank you Palerider!

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:34 pm

Cowboyup wrote:
I have never done any special formatting on any of my cards. I just clean them up with my computer (delete anything on them) and then pop them in the machine and the machine will do whatever it needs to make it ready....if it needs to do anything. Near as I can tell nothing needs to be done. It recognizes the card an writes the summary data to it and it doesn't take very long.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Cowboyup

Post by Cowboyup » Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:41 pm

Pugsy wrote:
Cowboyup wrote:
I have never done any special formatting on any of my cards. I just clean them up with my computer (delete anything on them) and then pop them in the machine and the machine will do whatever it needs to make it ready....if it needs to do anything. Near as I can tell nothing needs to be done. It recognizes the card an writes the summary data to it and it doesn't take very long.
Thank you Pugsy! Much appreciated.

prodigyplace

Post by prodigyplace » Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:25 am

chartle wrote:
Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:28 am
To add more info to this thread my Sleep Dr for the 90 day follow up asked me to bring the card. when I picked up my machine the DME pointed to the slot where it could go but there was no card. Told them about the Sleep Dr and she sort of grumbled about the Dr not thinking they can see the info online, etc and put in a card.

Oddly 2 weeks or so in the sleep dr office called and was looking at my numbers and was thinking they may need to adjust them.

Maybe they need the SD card for compliance. But then again my Insurance and my Hospital network based sleep Dr are the same company.
The same thing happened to me. He pulled out a ResMed folder containing a ResMed branded card. I think the DMEs pull the card out of the package for their own use. CPAP.com says the machine comes with a card.

Please visit our sponsor, CPAP.com at https://www.cpap.com/ for all your CPAP needs.

facemir

Post by facemir » Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:44 pm

I purchased a Resmed Airsense 10 Auto last week and it came with a SD card installed. I did notice that when I went to check that it had a SD card in it, it was next to impossible to open the door that covers it.

AmazingDevice

Post by AmazingDevice » Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:47 pm

bnelsonr wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:13 pm
Okie bipap wrote:I just hook my thumbnail on the little blue thing and pull outward (to the left, away from the machine). On my machine, it is white instead of blue. Sometimes they are a little hard to open the first time.
Mine is blue and it didn't want to budge. I took a pair of pliers to the blue tab and pulled. It finally opened with considerable pulling.
The Sd slot was there but no card. I had a older Resmed SD card and put it in. it read it. I couldn't believe how much force it took.
The rubber door opens in the front with the hinge on the back side.
So that should answer the question for us that couldn't open the door.
Thank you so much! I had the same problem of being unable to open the SD card cover. I thought the vendor had sealed it shut but it's just a faulty design. After reading your post, I used my fingernail and considerable force to ply at the little blue tab to open it. It's open now. No SD card inside. I guess I can just go buy an SD card.

prodigyplace

Post by prodigyplace » Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:59 pm

Either buy an sd card or ask the DME for the one that came packaged with the machine. I had to demand mine.

All ResMed airsense are shipped with sd cards.

Please visit our sponsor, CPAP.com at https://www.cpap.com/ for all your CPAP needs.