Events per hour

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
alextherican

Events per hour

Post by alextherican » Sat Apr 14, 2018 3:36 pm

I switched to a full face mask from a nose pillow. When I check my sleep report in the morning I find my events per hour are getting higher I used to average 1.5 to 4 now I find myself hitting 14 plus. If I am sleeping through the night shouldn't my events be less? I'm trying to understand the value of knowing the events per hour.

alextherican

Events Per Hour

Post by alextherican » Sat Apr 14, 2018 3:57 pm

I recently went from a nasal pillow mask to a full face mask because I like to sleep on my side and the pillow would leak like crazy. Since I started using the new mask my events per hour have gone up dramatically. I'm trying to understand the value of the events and also should those improve? I've always had very low number of events less than 5. Now I'm getting teens.

Pugsy

Re: Events per hour

Post by Pugsy » Sat Apr 14, 2018 4:13 pm

I merged your 2 separate threads into 1 thread. Less confusing for people trying to respond.
The 2 threads weren't exactly the same in terms of content which is why I didn't just remove one thread and calling it a duplicate even though you used the same subject topic.
Both posts contain potentially useful information that forum members might want to know about.

Pugsy...aka moderator

Welcome to the forum.

When you have time please add your equipment to your profile so we can easily see what you are using and help you better and faster.
wiki/index.php/Registering_Equipment_in_User_Profile

Once people know what machine you are using and if you are using software or not people can try to help you.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

alextherican

Post by alextherican » Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:49 pm

Thank you

RiverDave

Post by RiverDave » Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:56 pm

From what I have read on the forum, switching mask types can change your pressure needs (due to an increase in mask air volume.
On some brands of machine , there is a mask setting that needs to be changed (not sure if that will affect the AHI or not)

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sat Apr 14, 2018 10:00 pm

SleepyHead software will work great with the AirSense 10 AutoSet.
https://sleep.tnet.com/equipment

If you want to share your detailed reports here's how and what we like to see.
viewtopic/t158560/How-to-post-images-for-review.html

Sometimes when people go from a nasal mask of some sort to a full face mask the AHI will increase because for some reason or other more pressure is needed with a full face mask to get the same results as with the nasal mask.
Not sure why unless the way the full face masks and the lower straps might be altering the jaw just a little and thus the airway itself maybe making it a little more narrow. So don't know for sure why but it happens enough that find it fairly commne.
Need to see when those events increases and what kind they are though before we just blindly say more pressure.
We don't like to suggest more pressure unless we know for sure that more pressure is what is needed because sometimes more can can problem.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Sat Apr 14, 2018 10:09 pm

You need Software to see what's going on.

It is possible your nasal mask leak was so bad it caused the data to be wrong. Jim

The leak rate needs to be low for the data to be correct.
Use data to optimize your xPAP treatment!

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire