No SD Card in AirSense 10

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
SewTired

Re: No SD Card in AirSense 10

Post by SewTired » Thu Dec 29, 2016 3:48 pm

Sheriff Buford wrote: She did make an interesting comment. She said no matter how old your current machine is, when you go on Medicare, you should put in an order in for a new machine. She said it takes forever to get the machine and if you wait until you need one, it will take forever.
Have you folks experienced this?

Sheriff
Yes and no. I would agree with her though. The requirements for getting a machine from original Medicare can be time consuming depending on the office. It took my brother about 3 weeks to get his replacement bipap, BUT he also had a sleep study that was less than 10 years old. They had to order in the bipap and new mask, then set up an appointment because Medicare requires in-person training. So, it really depends on when you can make that appointment. If there is a long delay at your office Sheriff, I'd suspect that it's more an internal problem with your DME. But, doctor's offices can screw up stuff too by not faxing the correct paperwork (yeah, clinic staff should KNOW what is needed after the first couple of hundred Medicare patients, right? NOT!).

Airsense For Her; Settings: range 8-12, Airfit P10 (M)

2xRustler

Post by 2xRustler » Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:49 pm

I got a letter from my DME supplier today.

It says (among other things) "A line of machines were released by the manufacturer without an SD card inside. Your Machine may or may not have been one of the machines released without a card inside." A little more blah blah blah after that. The envelope also had the ResMed SD card protective folder and the SD card.

snkypeat

Post by snkypeat » Tue May 16, 2017 7:43 am

I apologize for the thread necro but I just realized after 2 weeks of using my new AirSense 10 that there was no SD card inside. No plastic sleeve. Nothing in the travel bag. Maybe it was left in the original box at the Dr.'s office by mistake? No big deal.. glad to know that I can just buy one.

I was looking forward to playing around w/ SleepyHead too.. i'm guessing my 2 weeks of data is gone too?

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Tue May 16, 2017 8:00 am

snkypeat wrote: i'm guessing my 2 weeks of data is gone too?
Not all of it but the most interesting cool stuff graphs is gone.
The machine will store the summary data (hours of use and some AHI and leak numbers only) and put that stored data onto the new blank SD card when you insert it but the bulk of the data with all the cool visual graphs and stuff aren't stored on the machine anywhere so they can't be put back on the card.

So not all the data from the past 2 weeks is gone..you still get some statistical data but for the bulk of the data and the graphs you need the SD card in the machine all night.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Tue May 16, 2017 9:27 am

I think Medicare REQUIRES the card be included, due to the 13 month capped rental .
Any patient should check for the card BEFORE ACCEPTING THE MACHINE.
There is no excuse for dispensing the machine without an itty bitty, cheap sd card.
The DME should have spares on hand. (possibly stolen)

CZOscar

Post by CZOscar » Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:03 pm

I picked up my new ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet and no SD card either. I bought one, no problem, but can’t open the SD slot . The lower slot is easily opened but can’t find instruction to open top SD slot with blue button. I’m assuming the blue button is the key. Don’t want to break my new machine so asking here.

Thank you

bnelsonr

Post by bnelsonr » Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:48 pm

CZoscar,

I also have the same question as you. Can't get the SD card slot opened. The light blue (looks like a sd card) plastic doesn't want to budge. I want to use Sleepyhead app but need a SD card to get the info.

HOPE SOMEONE LETS US KNOW WHAT TO DO!

Bruce

DAYMX5

Post by DAYMX5 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:03 pm

My machine was factory sealed and there was no card. I asked about it and the technician said that they no longer ship them. BTW, mine was through Medicare. Had an old 1gb card and it works fine.

Okie bipap

Post by Okie bipap » Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:06 pm

I just hook my thumbnail on the little blue thing and pull outward (to the left, away from the machine). On my machine, it is white instead of blue. Sometimes they are a little hard to open the first time.

Growing old is mandatory, but growing up is optional.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:24 pm

CZOscar wrote:I picked up my new ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet and no SD card either. I bought one, no problem, but can’t open the SD slot . The lower slot is easily opened but can’t find instruction to open top SD slot with blue button. I’m assuming the blue button is the key. Don’t want to break my new machine so asking here.
You have to use your fingernail in the tiny white thingy at the bottom of the slot where the SD card goes.
No blue button.
If you can't find what I am talking about about I will get a picture of it for you.
It is much stouter than the thing that is right below it that opens.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

StuUnderPressure

Post by StuUnderPressure » Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:25 am

Sheriff Buford wrote:She did make an interesting comment. She said no matter how old your current machine is, when you go on Medicare, you should put in an order in for a new machine. She said it takes forever to get the machine and if you wait until you need one, it will take forever.
Have you folks experienced this?

Sheriff
When one first goes on Medicare, Medicare will pay for a new machine regardless of how old (or new) your current machine is - as long as Medicare did not pay for your current machine.

I know of 3 separate people who have done that.

Yes, Medicare is wasting money & paying for machines that probably did not have to be replaced.

But, those are the current Medicare rules.

Medicare just replaced my S9 AutoSet (4+ years old) with a AirCurve 10 VAUTO (based on the results of a current Sleep Study).

DME verified my Medicare coverage & I got the VAUTO in 3 days.
So, any delay is not because of Medicare.

SD Card Formatter 5.0.2 https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/format ... index.html

StuUnderPressure

Post by StuUnderPressure » Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:35 am

Krelvin wrote:
Sheriff Buford wrote:I picked up my new AirSence yesterday. The DME gal said Resmed stopped including a card with their machines. I asked why.... she said she didn't know why. I took my card outta' my old S9.
Sheriff
Doubtful, the DME didn't include it. Machines come with the package. DME's like to take it "extra" stuff like the spare filters, basic hose (non-heated) as well.
Page 2 of the "Clinical Guide" for my AirCurve 10 series of machines states:
"SD card (not available in all devices)."

Then on page 29 it states:
"Every AirCurve 10 device comes with an SD card already inserted and ready to be used."

I had read that before I went to pick up my VAUTO and asked the DME about it.

"She" said that some machines come without an SD Card - but had no knowledge of why some did & some did not.

She also added that every VAUTO she had seen did come with an SD Card.

SD Card Formatter 5.0.2 https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/format ... index.html

bnelsonr

Post by bnelsonr » Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:13 pm

Okie bipap wrote:I just hook my thumbnail on the little blue thing and pull outward (to the left, away from the machine). On my machine, it is white instead of blue. Sometimes they are a little hard to open the first time.
Mine is blue and it didn't want to budge. I took a pair of pliers to the blue tab and pulled. It finally opened with considerable pulling.
The Sd slot was there but no card. I had a older Resmed SD card and put it in. it read it. I couldn't believe how much force it took.
The rubber door opens in the front with the hinge on the back side.
So that should answer the question for us that couldn't open the door.

vinhbao

Post by vinhbao » Fri Apr 13, 2018 4:19 pm

I just got mine today with no SD card. When I look on the form from the DME company, it shows an SD Card. I guess I'll be reaching out to them on Monday.

HoseCrusher

Post by HoseCrusher » Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:46 am

I just got one new in the box and it didn't have an SD card. I had an extra one laying around and just used it.

RedMed may have stopped shipping them with the card...