Dreamwear Full Face Mask

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
ChicagoGranny

Re: Dreamwear Full Face Mask

Post by ChicagoGranny » Tue Apr 03, 2018 5:23 pm

Pugsy wrote:
Tue Apr 03, 2018 3:36 pm
Edit...I did find this website showing the FitPack currently in stock. I know nothing about the website.
DreamWearFFMFitPack
The pic they are using tricked me for a moment into thinking there was a nasal pillows option with the FFM. :lol: :lol:

ZipZap

Post by ZipZap » Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:12 pm

Pugsy wrote:
Tue Apr 03, 2018 3:36 pm
ZipZap wrote:
Tue Apr 03, 2018 3:21 pm
Are all 4 sizes in the Fit Pack?
S,M,MW,L

I can find no clear information on the fit pack.
With the Fit Pack mask packaging 4 cushions (1 of each size available) are included in the fit pack.
There is also going to be a mask packaging with just one cushion in whatever size you select.
So be careful and read product description carefully.
In the link to secondwindcpap.com....they note at their website that they are currently sold out of the Fit Pack packing...but more on order.
From secondwind.
The DreamWear Full Face CPAP System FitPack 1133400 Bundle contains one medium silicone frame, fabric wraps, headgear with 4 Full Face Cushions, (Small, Medium, and Large)
Not sure about any other websites. One that I found showed only the one cushion and you had to choose size.
It's really limited at the present time and just now hitting a few of the online retailers.

Edit...I did find this website showing the FitPack currently in stock. I know nothing about the website.
DreamWearFFMFitPack
I already purchased for less than that site. I just wanted to be sure that all 4 where in there before opening.

BTW.... Read this quote carefully and you will see what I mean:
The DreamWear Full Face CPAP System FitPack 1133400 Bundle contains one medium silicone frame, fabric wraps, headgear with 4 Full Face Cushions, (Small, Medium, and Large)

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:23 pm

ZipZap wrote:
Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:12 pm

Yeah...I saw that.
I figured just a typo. When in doubt....phone call to confirm and I know 3 people who bought from secondwind and got the fit pack and got all 4 sizes.

Contents are clearly stated on any mask package.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

ZipZap

Post by ZipZap » Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:32 am

Pugsy wrote:
Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:23 pm
ZipZap wrote:
Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:12 pm

Yeah...I saw that.
I figured just a typo. When in doubt....phone call to confirm and I know 3 people who bought from secondwind and got the fit pack and got all 4 sizes.

Contents are clearly stated on any mask package.
I am holding the package and the contents are not stated other that the Frame size.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:47 am

ZipZap wrote:
Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:32 am
I am holding the package and the contents are not stated other that the Frame size.
Then I don't know what to tell you.
The package I have clearly states all the contents.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

weroberts75

Post by weroberts75 » Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:16 am

ChicagoGranny wrote:
Tue Apr 03, 2018 5:23 pm

The pic they are using tricked me for a moment into thinking there was a nasal pillows option with the FFM. :lol: :lol:
If Respironics had a four-point connection option for their nasal pillows and nasal masks, maybe more people would have success side-sleeping with those.

My DreamWear nasal mask was only leak-free when I tightened it to the point that it was jammed against my nose.
In contrast, my DreamWear full face mask is only leak-free when I wear it loose.

One night I felt comfortable enough that I tried to talk with it on, and that caused it to shift out of place.
When that happened, I just pulled the mask away from my face and reset it.
I then reminded myself that talking too much at bedtime is not a good wind-down activity anyway.

weroberts75

Post by weroberts75 » Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:21 am

Pugsy wrote:
Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:47 am
The package I have clearly states all the contents.
If your CPAP supplier is unable to answer your questions through chat or email, there are others who can.

One online provider in particular, which happens to be my favorite, has their version priced slightly higher ($169) and does not have the fit pack, but I have worked with them in the past and they will do whatever they can in 30 days to get you the part that fits, help you find a different mask, or otherwise make it right.

So, find a company that will answer your questions to your satisfaction.

AirMech74

Post by AirMech74 » Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:53 am

That package I have states one medium frame w/elbow, head straps and one medium facemask. Now the individual that gave it to me, also included a small headframe.

A man who may be asked in this century, what he did to make his life worthwhile, can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction, "I served in the United States Navy" ~ Pres. John F. Kennedy

Jasba64

Post by Jasba64 » Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:00 pm

I ordered the all new Dreamwear Full Face mask yesterday. Can't wait to try it out. I loved the Amara View at first but now have leak issues quite often. I will have to settle and use a homemade liner until the new mask arrives.

pac

Post by pac » Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:03 pm

Hi,

My first post!

Just upgraded from ResMed S8 with Original Mirage Activa standard mask (Not LT) to an ResMed Autoset S10 with heated hose and humidifier and most importantly the Dream Wear full face. Really like it. Not sure how they sized me for the mask portion, I think they used the dream wear nasal guide. Anyway I have a big head 7 and 3/4" (XL in motorcycle helmets) and ended up with a medium for both the headgear and mask. Too bad it didn't come with all three but at least I was able to find it. I have used it for a week and getting my "leak" numbers down but making sure it is snug. My old nasal mask taught me not to over tighten but this mask seems to perform better for me when it is very snug. My AHI numbers have gone done from 4 to 1.5 and with allergy season coming I am glad I have the full face for when I get congested!

While I have not experimented with many masks I did research the heck out of them and was going to get the Dream Wear Nasal before this came out. Good luck. If someone was going to order and guess between a large and medium on the headgear I would go smaller. Hope this helps others.

Regards,
Pac

salinas212

Post by salinas212 » Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:23 pm

Pac-

Thank you so much! Your first post was exactly what I was looking for since you know your actual head size based on your helmet needs. I was leaning towards medium headgear anyway due to my 7 1/8 head but your better-informed post put me over the top. Now I'll try to order the mask on an ala carte basis since I haven't gotten my hands on a prescription yet.

Thanks again and welcome to the forum!

If you're gonna be a dog, why intentionally choose Chihuahua!?!

Bantydee

Post by Bantydee » Sat Apr 07, 2018 11:48 am

I've used the DreamWear pillows mask, and the Amara view. I needed a small frame on the DreamWear. I'm wanting to try the FFM, but all I need is the need straps and the mask.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:09 pm

Bantydee wrote:
Sat Apr 07, 2018 11:48 am
I've used the DreamWear pillows mask, and the Amara view. I needed a small frame on the DreamWear. I'm wanting to try the FFM, but all I need is the need straps and the mask.
You would have to decide which cushion size and then order the cushion/mask and headgear straps ala carte.

Not widely available separately just yet but they will be in the future. For now the only place I know of where you can order items separately is
https://www.secondwindcpap.com/Respiron ... 33400.html

headgear...$38
mask cushion and you have to choose size....$45 near as I can tell use the same size full face mask cushion as you would the original nasal cushion. From what I have seen so far the sizing template is the same. That might change later but that's all I have found so far.

There might be another online source offering parts separately...but first they would have to offer the entire mask package and those websites are limited at this time.

Secondwind is a good place to do business with. I have used them in the past for other items.

pac

Post by pac » Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:31 pm

salinas212- Glad I could help! Let me know if the medium was the right choice for you.

Curious on other experiences with the sizing of both the head gear and mask? I may try the Medium/Wide on my supply re-order next month but still tweaking my current medium/medium setup.

I am also curious if anyone tires to use the nasal plug pillow from the original DreamWear Nasal mask which looks to be compatible to the Full mask. My leakage has mostly been from the sides of the mask but I may want to give that plug pillow a shot when my current one starts to break down and leak. I had my first ever "Sad Face" on my RedMed S10 this morning due to mask leak but I am hoping it was just a bad night.

Regards,
Pac

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:48 pm

pac wrote:
Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:31 pm
I am also curious if anyone tires to use the nasal plug pillow from the original DreamWear Nasal mask which looks to be compatible to the Full mask.
The other 2 DreamWear products ...the original cushion and the gel pillow thing will indeed attach to the frame that comes with the DreamWear Full face mask. They all use the same frame.
The full face mask cushion...the under the nose cushion and the gel pillows all attach to the frame the same way.
Now of course the other headgear will be needed with the under the nose cushion or gel pillow. The headgear for the full face cushion won't fit the other 2 products or at least I can't see any way to make it work. Way too much stuff hanging around to get in the way.