Possible Flowchart to Sound Sleep Success

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
palerider

Re: Possible Flowchart to Sound Sleep Success

Post by palerider » Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:55 pm

USMCVet wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:30 pm
if my opinion hurts your feelings maybe you should find another forum.
Since YOU are the one bitching about THIS forum... shouldn't YOU find something better suited to your sensibilities? :D

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

USMCVet

Post by USMCVet » Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:58 pm

palerider wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:55 pm
USMCVet wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:30 pm
if my opinion hurts your feelings maybe you should find another forum.
Since YOU are the one bitching about THIS forum... shouldn't YOU find something better suited to your sensibilities? :D
Not bitching, only posted what I posted to treat you the way you treat others. I have come to conclusion that there is no point in feeding the trolls.

palerider

Post by palerider » Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:03 pm

USMCVet wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:58 pm
Not bitching, only posted what I posted to treat you the way you treat others. I have come to conclusion that there is no point in feeding the trolls.
USMCVet wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:16 pm
What I don't like is if anyone on here ever tries to be helpful or come up with something helpful everyone is telling then it's dumb or bad idea or whatever other idea killer things they like to say instead of being constructive.

For a forum that is here to help people there sure are a lot of people who don't like to help.
Looks like bitching to me...

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

USMCVet

Post by USMCVet » Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:18 pm

palerider wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:03 pm
USMCVet wrote:
USMCVet wrote:
What I don't like is if anyone on here ever tries to be helpful or come up with something helpful everyone is telling then it's dumb or bad idea or whatever other idea killer things they like to say instead of being constructive.

For a forum that is here to help people there sure are a lot of people who don't like to help.
So observations are bitching huh lol..... What about all your posts complaining or call people dumb or their ideas dumb?

palerider

Post by palerider » Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:14 pm

USMCVet wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:18 pm
palerider wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:03 pm
USMCVet wrote:
USMCVet wrote:

So observations are bitching huh lol..... What about all your posts complaining or call people dumb or their ideas dumb?
You're bitching about the *forum*... when there are alternatives that may suit you better... I call THAT dumb.

jennmary

Post by jennmary » Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:30 am

Wow. Where to begin. I don't want to interrupt the current pissing contest or anything.

First......telling someone that a cervical neck brace is a good alternative to CPAP if they FEEL like they slept "great" is dangerous as hell. Not kidding. Especially if your intended audience is newbies who don't know better and want desperately to believe that they can somehow avoid the dreaded CPAP machine. I hope no one actually takes this advice.

Second......you told everyone exactly who you were the moment YOU brought race into this. You are immature and gross as hell. I suggest you grow up.

Julie

Post by Julie » Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:48 am

Jennmary - just a tip – a soft cervical collar (do forum search for pix) to help keep your head up, airway open and mouth closed is not the same thing as what you'd wear for e.g. whiplash... much less 'dangerous' or problematic and many here do wear them with good results... I like your note otherwise!

palerider

Post by palerider » Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:14 am

Julie wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:48 am
Jennmary - just a tip – a soft cervical collar (do forum search for pix) to help keep your head up, airway open and mouth closed is not the same thing as what you'd wear for e.g. whiplash... much less 'dangerous' or problematic and many here do wear them with good results... I like your note otherwise!
It's "dangerous", in that, as she said, people that are trying to avoid cpap may glom onto that and say "Well, I sleep fine with it, I don't need cpap!" .... of course, many of the people that have bad apnea *think* they sleep 'fine' while they're actually sleeping terribly.

Julie

Post by Julie » Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:49 am

Hmmm, didn't consider that.

Thomas F.

Post by Thomas F. » Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:18 am

I must say there's few things I enjoy more than causing a bunch of CPAPtalk reprobates to come slithering out from under their rocks. While typing this I am enjoying a fresh hot cup of coffee after, yet again, another wonderful night of sleep wearing my neck collar, CPAP pressure set very low (4.8), and nasal mask. Life could not be better. I just got a huge raise at work because I'm so productive. How many of you morons actually have a job? (USMCvet excluded- God Blesses you and I'm thankful for your service)

The flowchart is a logical, systematic, approach to problem solving for those that are struggling. Try to understand that you mouth breathing mental midgets. Nobody's going to die from my advice. On the contrary; many will improve. I define what is "great sleep". If you have great sleep using only a neck collar then why would you use a CPAP? But maybe your a knucklehead.

As stated, flowchart #1 is first course of action for those struggling. If tried hard and failed flowchart #1 then I recommend moving to flowchart #2. Flowchart#2 is for complicated cases which including mouth breathers, auto adjust cpaps, bi levels, etc. So now your probably asking - But where is flowchart #2? . Well, don't you all know we're blessed to have a couple resident geniuses on the forum here. Julie and the turd Palerider know everything. So I am asking them to take a shot at constructing flowchart #2. So you two try to make yourself useful and really help someone suffering. I sure hope we all don't have to wait too long to see your flowchart.

Well I've already got flowchart#2 worked out. But, God forbid, I post it.

BTY... "so well" took a cheap shot at me about my avatar and brought race-ism into the conversation. It's Stone Mountain in GA and so well doesn't like the carving. Google it if you morons don't know anything about it.

It's back to work for me now. Have a wonderful day.
Had UPPP and Hyoid Advancement Surgery on 10/29/2010.
midline glossectomy surgery using Da vinci robot 2/2014.
Straight CPAP 4.8 pressure

jennmary

Post by jennmary » Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:16 pm

palerider wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:14 am
Julie wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:48 am
It's "dangerous", in that, as she said, people that are trying to avoid cpap may glom onto that and say "Well, I sleep fine with it, I don't need cpap!" .... of course, many of the people that have bad apnea *think* they sleep 'fine' while they're actually sleeping terribly.

Yes......This.

I was diagnosed more than 12 years ago and I have been a member here since 2007. I have been in and out of the forum since then, sometimes as myself and others as a guest just lurking and reading or searching keywords as needed. I understand that some people do well with the collar. But Palerider hit the nail on the head.

ChicagoGranny

Post by ChicagoGranny » Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:31 pm

Thomas F. wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:18 am
It's Stone Mountain in GA and so well doesn't like the carving. Google it if you morons don't know anything about it.
Stone Mountain was once owned by the Venable Brothers and was the site of the founding of the second Ku Klux Klan in 1915. ... The revival of the Ku Klux Klan was emboldened by the release of D. W. Griffith's Klan-glorifying film The Birth of a Nation,[11] and coincided with the August 1915 lynching of Leo Frank in Marietta, Georgia. On November 25 of the same year, a small group, including fifteen robed and hooded "charter members" of the new organization, met at Stone Mountain to create a new iteration of the Klan. They were led by William J. Simmons, and included two elderly members of the original Klan. As part of their ceremony, they burned a crude cross.[12]

Fundraising for the monument resumed in 1923. In October of that year, Venable granted the Klan easement with perpetual right to hold celebrations as they desired.[13] The influence of the UDC continued, in support of Mrs. Plane's vision of a carving explicitly for the purpose of creating a Confederate memorial. The UDC established the Stone Mountain Confederate Memorial Association (SMCMA) for fundraising and on-site supervision of the project. Venable and Gutzon Borglum, who were both closely associated with the Klan, arranged to pack the SMCMA with Klan members. ... On October 11, 2015, The Atlanta Journal-Constitution reported the park is considering a proposal of a permanent "Freedom Bell" honoring Martin Luther King, Jr. and the line "Let freedom ring from Stone Mountain of Georgia" as part of King's "I Have A Dream" speech of 1963.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stone_Mou ... e_Memorial
Now I know what your avatar represents.

jennmary

Post by jennmary » Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:46 pm

ChicagoGranny wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:31 pm
Thomas F. wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:18 am
It's Stone Mountain in GA and so well doesn't like the carving. Google it if you morons don't know anything about it.
Stone Mountain was once owned by the Venable Brothers and was the site of the founding of the second Ku Klux Klan in 1915. ... The revival of the Ku Klux Klan was emboldened by the release of D. W. Griffith's Klan-glorifying film The Birth of a Nation,[11] and coincided with the August 1915 lynching of Leo Frank in Marietta, Georgia. On November 25 of the same year, a small group, including fifteen robed and hooded "charter members" of the new organization, met at Stone Mountain to create a new iteration of the Klan. They were led by William J. Simmons, and included two elderly members of the original Klan. As part of their ceremony, they burned a crude cross.[12]

Fundraising for the monument resumed in 1923. In October of that year, Venable granted the Klan easement with perpetual right to hold celebrations as they desired.[13] The influence of the UDC continued, in support of Mrs. Plane's vision of a carving explicitly for the purpose of creating a Confederate memorial. The UDC established the Stone Mountain Confederate Memorial Association (SMCMA) for fundraising and on-site supervision of the project. Venable and Gutzon Borglum, who were both closely associated with the Klan, arranged to pack the SMCMA with Klan members. ... On October 11, 2015, The Atlanta Journal-Constitution reported the park is considering a proposal of a permanent "Freedom Bell" honoring Martin Luther King, Jr. and the line "Let freedom ring from Stone Mountain of Georgia" as part of King's "I Have A Dream" speech of 1963.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stone_Mou ... e_Memorial
Now I know what your avatar represents.
Right? I don't think googling it helped his cause at all.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:58 pm

Hey guys and gals...do I need to mark this thread OT and politics and "Enter and participate at your own risk" :lol: :lol:

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

palerider

Post by palerider » Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:17 pm

Pugsy wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:58 pm
Hey guys and gals...do I need to mark this thread OT and politics and "Enter and participate at your own risk" :lol: :lol:
Politics and racism... yah. ;)