Lost power last night & slept through it

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Pugsy

Lost power last night & slept through it

Post by Pugsy » Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:46 am

Happened to lose power last night and slept through it so a blank in therapy.
I knew it was a real power loss because I woke up and went to make coffee and my Keurig was off and the microwave was telling me to reset.

I have SmartSense enabled on my machine so it will come on when turned off (either by me manually or power outage) automatically once it senses my breathing. I prefer doing it this way...I could manually turn it on but I like it coming on once I have the mask on and I am breathing into the mask. I use a nasal pillow mask and mask fitting at pressure takes just a millisecond of adjusting.

So below is what the blank spot looks like up close. Asleep breathing pattern the entire time. It didn't even cause a minor arousal.
Wasn't for very long though...looks like a little less than a minute for this one. I have seen as long as 15 minutes like this with a known power outage (confirmed by microwave).

Just thought I would share this little bit of information. This doesn't happen often to me but obviously I slept through it and was under no distress and in the past even with the 15 minute blank spot I slept through it.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

USMCVet

Re: Lost power last night & slept through it

Post by USMCVet » Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:37 am

That's one clean looking report! Definitely another reason to have auto start on. Thanks for sharing!

Cowboy Casey

Post by Cowboy Casey » Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:04 pm

that is awesome Pugsy.. I am almost instantly awake when my power goes out but that has only happened twice (and normal for me)...
PR System One REMstar 60 Series BiPAP Auto SV Advanced
https://www.cpap.com/productpage/pr-60-series-bipap-autosv-advanced.html
Pilairo Q Nasal Pillow CPAP Mask with Headgear
https://www.cpap.com/productpage/fp-pilairo-q-nasal-pillow-cpap-mask.html

lastlib

Post by lastlib » Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:13 pm

Just be happy you can still have arousal! What do you have against it. It can be cured you know!!

lastlib

Post by lastlib » Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:18 pm

To cure arousal find someone you find sexually attractive and "interact" with that person!

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:20 pm

lastlib wrote:Just be happy you can still have arousal! What do you have against it. It can be cured you know!!
Well...curing the arousal when you sleep only with a dog and a cat might cause some eyebrows to raise.
Hubby was gone last night...he's an over the road truck driver.
Besides my sleep is so fragile from pain anyway I don't need any extra "arousals".
Not to mention I have never ever been a morning person and the last thing on my mind in the wee hours of the morning or when I first get up is taking care of any "arousals" ...if you know what I mean.
Poor hubby...men wake up with Mr Woody and are happy as a pig in mud...and women like me...not a good fit and don't really want to see Mr Woody first thing in the morning. Even when I was in all my hormonal glory 40 years ago I wasn't a morning person. :lol: :lol:
Sure as hell not going to happen now.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:25 pm

I knew there was a reason I love Smart Start. 8)