New product watch. LUMIN SANITIZER.

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Cardsfan

New product watch. LUMIN SANITIZER.

Post by Cardsfan » Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:36 am

It's being announced on our sponsors' web site. Looks like a new way to clean our equipment. Anyone have access to this yet?

Pugsy

Re: New product watch. LUMIN SANITIZER.

Post by Pugsy » Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:51 am

It appears to be made by my not so favorite 3 B manufacturer...and appears to use UV light for bug/germ killing.

Won't be on my wish list for the same reasons that the SoClean isn't on my wish list.

A quick Google search didn't give me much to read as to how it works or how they documented effectiveness or anything like that.
http://www.hmenews.com/also-noted/3b-de ... ap-cleaner
I found a news release.

and the little promo at 3 B
http://3bproducts.com/

My personal thoughts on anything from 3 B...wouldn't want it if someone gave it to me. Just my personal opinion and everyone is entitled to theirs.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

USMCVet

Post by USMCVet » Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:20 pm

Like soclean this product claims to sanitize and does not clean.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:48 pm

For the record...I have no problem with sanitizing something if that's what someone wants to do.
But sanitizing doesn't equal cleaning in my book. Cleaning for me involves removing dirt, grime, snot, slobber, facial oils, dust or whatever and zapping all that stuff doesn't remove it. All it does is MAYBE kill the germs/bugs/bacteria on that dirt, grime, snot, slobber, etc..
Sanitizing is killing any bugs/germs/bacteria/viruses, etc....doesn't say anything about removing anything...only killing.

So if I want to "clean" it...I still have to wash it with soap and water to remove the dirt, facial oils, snot, slobber, etc.

Now if I just want sanitized snot, slobber, grime, dirt, facial oils on my mask and I wanted to spend my money on something that MIGHT kill the bugs so nothing can grow on it...I guess it might be worthwhile for some people.

I won't even go into the "it's our own germs anyway" thing. Just the cleaning vs sanitizing thing is enough for me.
I am not content with sanitized slobber or snot...I want the slobber or snot gone totally from my mask. The yuck factor if nothing else.

So if someone is happy and it gives them peace of mind to be happy with sanitizing (and that's assuming it actually sanitizes anything) vs actual cleaning...hey go for it. It's your money and you have a right to spend it on whatever you want. If sanitized snot or slobber doesn't bug you...that's up to you.
You being the generic you...and not directed to anyone in particular here.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

ChicagoGranny

Post by ChicagoGranny » Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:26 pm

Cardsfan wrote:It's being announced on our sponsors' web site. Looks like a new way to clean our equipment. Anyone have access to this yet?
What is your concern about your current cleaning process?

ShinRyoku

Post by ShinRyoku » Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:36 pm

ChicagoGranny wrote:
Cardsfan wrote:It's being announced on our sponsors' web site. Looks like a new way to clean our equipment. Anyone have access to this yet?
What is your concern about your current cleaning process?
My concern about my current cleaning process is that I'm not sure if mold could grow in my hose despite rinsing with hot soapy water, and I don't like the faint small of soap that seems hard to get rid of with rinsing. I realize I could use unscented soap, but then I'd have no indicator of when I have managed to rinse out all the soap residue, and I don't want to breathe soap residue.

My concern with SoClean is that I don't want to breathe any extra ozone for any reason.

My concern with 3B Lumin is that it is not apparent how this disinfects the hose or humidifer basin. The video only shows it disinfecting the mask.
-Amin
Owner/editor: https://www.sleepapneagroup.com/
Nothing I say on the forum should be taken as medical advice.

ChicagoGranny

Post by ChicagoGranny » Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:41 pm

ShinRyoku wrote: in my hose despite rinsing with hot soapy water
Why are you washing the inside of your hose?
Last edited by ChicagoGranny on Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:27 pm

Ultraviolet light is used in many hearing aid conditioners, in addition to
drying with a fan and sometimes a dessicant capsule.
I have had similar products since getting my second hearing aid.
It has increased the life expectancy of my instruments noticeably.
I have been tempted to put my P10 pillows inside--(they fit)
--just to see if it makes a difference.

ShinRyoku

Post by ShinRyoku » Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:03 pm

ChicagoGranny wrote:
ShinRyoku wrote: in my hose despite rinsing with hot soapy water
Why are you washing the inside of your hose?
I've read in a number of places that it is a recommended practice. Eg:

https://www.sleepapnea.com/blog/post/92 ... er-or-bath

https://mayoclinichealthsystem.org/home ... -important

http://www.alaskasleep.com/blog/cpap-eq ... tices-tips

It also makes intuitive sense to me that a warm, moist environment might lead to mold growth if left alone.
-Amin

ChicagoGranny

Post by ChicagoGranny » Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:25 pm

ShinRyoku wrote:It also makes intuitive sense to me that a warm, moist environment might lead to mold growth if left alone.
That's the main reason I never wash my hose - any water left inside to dry might possibly lead to growth of something or the other.

ShinRyoku wrote:I've read in a number of places that it is a recommended practice.
Some people follow instructions, some of us don't. 8)

ShinRyoku

Post by ShinRyoku » Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:29 pm

Ha :). After I rinse my tube, I hang it for 30 min and then attach it and run the machine at max pressure with no water in the humidifier for a couple hours. It dries right out.

Even without rinsing it, the moisture from the humidifier or your breath could be enough to grow mold, no? I admit to being overanxious about such things...
-Amin

RicaLynn

Post by RicaLynn » Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:32 pm

My concern about my current cleaning process is that I'm not sure if mold could grow in my hose despite rinsing with hot soapy water, and I don't like the faint small of soap that seems hard to get rid of with rinsing. I realize I could use unscented soap, but then I'd have no indicator of when I have managed to rinse out all the soap residue, and I don't want to breathe soap residue.
Again, why are you WASHING the inside of your hose? The minute amount of moisture blown into the hose from the humidifier will air dry after the cool down period runs on your ResMed machine, or after hanging dry for an hour or two. So long as your humidifier is clean (not necessarily sanitized), the hose stays clean. I haven't washed a hose in three years, and I have ZERO issues with respiratory illness outside of a very rare, very short lived rhinovirus.

Wulfman...

Post by Wulfman... » Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:38 pm

ShinRyoku wrote: It also makes intuitive sense to me that a warm, moist environment might lead to mold growth if left alone.
Your nasal passages are warm and moist, too........
How often do you boil or use harsh cleaning products on your nose?
More "germs" are probably introduced to your equipment by OVER-CLEANING them.
Do you wear a surgical mask everyplace you go? You just never know when or where you may get sneezed on.
Same thing with "exam" gloves. Lots of germs on door knobs and other places where you put your hands.

Your CPAP equipment is in your bedroom. How "germy" is your bedroom? The CPAP is pulling in room air that is filtered before it gets to the humidifier tank and then anything that might be in the air that got through the filters is then dropped into the HH water........where it STAYS.

Den

(5) REMstar Autos w/C-Flex & (6) REMstar Pro 2 CPAPs w/C-Flex - Pressure Setting = 14 cm.
"Passover" Humidification - ResMed Ultra Mirage FF - Encore Pro w/Card Reader & MyEncore software - Chiroflow pillow
User since 05/14/05

RicaLynn

Post by RicaLynn » Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:50 pm

Wulfman... wrote:
ShinRyoku wrote: It also makes intuitive sense to me that a warm, moist environment might lead to mold growth if left alone.
Your nasal passages are warm and moist, too........
How often do you boil or use harsh cleaning products on your nose?
More "germs" are probably introduced to your equipment by OVER-CLEANING them.
Do you wear a surgical mask everyplace you go? You just never know when or where you may get sneezed on.
Same thing with "exam" gloves. Lots of germs on door knobs and other places where you put your hands.

Your CPAP equipment is in your bedroom. How "germy" is your bedroom? The CPAP is pulling in room air that is filtered before it gets to the humidifier tank and then anything that might be in the air that got through the filters is then dropped into the HH water........where it STAYS.

Den

+1000

ChicagoGranny

Post by ChicagoGranny » Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:36 pm

ShinRyoku wrote:Ha :). After I rinse my tube, I hang it for 30 min and then attach it and run the machine at max pressure with no water in the humidifier for a couple hours.
Is your beautiful daughter aware of your habits?

You know she will eventually find you out? It's better to tell them very young while the leaves are new and green.