SoClean 2 cpap cleaner

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Lou Cypher

SoClean 2 cpap cleaner

Post by Lou Cypher » Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:21 am

Looking for some advice on this equipment.... is it needed, does it do a good job etc etc

Pugsy

Re: SoClean 2 cpap cleaner

Post by Pugsy » Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:28 am

search.php?keywords=SoClean

Start reading past discussions.

Most recent here
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=158308&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&hilit=SoClean

My personal opinion....I don't own one...I consider it a waste of good money. I would still have to wash the slobber, snot, facial oils off the mask because the SoClean doesn't remove any dirt...all it can do (assuming it can do it which I have my doubts) is nuke that slobber, snot, facial oils etc so no bacteria will grow on it.

What were you wanting it to do for you?
Do you have an immune system that is compromised in some fashion?

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Lou Cypher

Post by Lou Cypher » Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:32 am

I have always just wiped or cleaned my mask and humidifier if possible but have been seeing and hearing ads for these type of cleaners and was wondering if there really was an issue that I needed to attend to by using one......I think you answered my thoughts on that....Thank You.....

I will save the money and spend a bit of it on a slice of cheesecake and sip on a Vanilla Latte in your honor.....

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:38 am

Much better use of your money and tastes better too. Enjoy one for me...I love a good latte and cheesecake.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

SgtJohn

Post by SgtJohn » Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:15 pm

I have been using a C-PAP for over ten years and never had a problem. After using a SoClean machine to clean my C-PAP for about a year I realized my nose was constantly running despite not having any allergy issues. I read on Wikipedia that: Because of the strongly oxidizing properties of ozone, ozone is a primary irritant, affecting especially the eyes and respiratory systems and can be hazardous at even low concentrations. The Canadian Centre for Occupation Safety and Health reports that: "Even very low concentrations of ozone can be harmful to the upper respiratory tract and the lungs." As a result I stopped using the SoClean to clean my C-PAP. After about ten days my nose no longer runs. The only explanation I know is that there must be small amount of ozone left in the system and the resulting small concentrations of ozone are irritating the mucus lining in the nose, causing it to run. Anyone else had a problem with the SoClean machine?

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:34 pm

SgtJohn wrote: . . . After using a SoClean machine to clean my C-PAP for about a year I realized my nose was constantly running despite not having any allergy issues. I read on Wikipedia that: Because of the strongly oxidizing properties of ozone, ozone is a primary irritant, affecting especially the eyes and respiratory systems and can be hazardous at even low concentrations. The Canadian Centre for Occupation Safety and Health reports that: "Even very low concentrations of ozone can be harmful to the upper respiratory tract and the lungs." As a result I stopped using the SoClean to clean my C-PAP. After about ten days my nose no longer runs. The only explanation I know is that there must be small amount of ozone left in the system and the resulting small concentrations of ozone are irritating the mucus lining in the nose, causing it to run. . . .

Just repeating the part that should be stickied . . .
I, too, am sensitive to odd things in the air, including ozone.
The cult must be dissolved!

Last edited by chunkyfrog on Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:45 pm

Lou Cypher wrote:I have always just wiped or cleaned my mask and humidifier if possible but have been seeing and hearing ads for these type of cleaners and was wondering if there really was an issue that I needed to attend to by using one......I think you answered my thoughts on that....Thank You.....

I will save the money and spend a bit of it on a slice of cheesecake and sip on a Vanilla Latte in your honor.....
Now, $300 spent on cheesecake a Vanilla Latte, will kill you faster than your own XPAP germs, but you may die happy. Jim
Use data to optimize your xPAP treatment!

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire

jnk...

Post by jnk... » Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:25 pm

chunkyfrog wrote:The cult must be dissolved!
"I sell the things you need to be . . . I'm the smiling face of your TV . . . I exploit you; still you love me . . . I told you one and one makes three." -- "Cult of Personality," Living Colour.

https://youtu.be/pfx-KBVzdPs?t=1m30s
-Jeff (AS10/P30i)

Accounts to put on the foe list: Me. I often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

KenH

Post by KenH » Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:49 pm

I am just on a year having mine. I went from 5 to 6 sinuous infections a year to 1. I dont like the smell it makes but it is worth putting up for to be well. Best $300 I ever spent.

palerider

Post by palerider » Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:15 am

KenH wrote:I am just on a year having mine. I went from 5 to 6 sinuous infections a year to 1. I dont like the smell it makes but it is worth putting up for to be well. Best $300 I ever spent.
I got the *exact* same results by just starting cpap. no hokum machine needed

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:33 pm

KenH wrote:I am just on a year having mine. I went from 5 to 6 sinuous infections a year to 1. I dont like the smell it makes but it is worth putting up for to be well. Best $300 I ever spent.
Post you name and address if you have $300 left, I'll find something useless I can sell you will like even better, I've got lots of junk. :lol: :lol: Jim
Use data to optimize your xPAP treatment!

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire