My Dreamstation is out of control.....help please.

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
bucko

My Dreamstation is out of control.....help please.

Post by bucko » Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:41 pm

I bought a new Dreamstation while in California and for 7 months thereafter my AHI's consistently were 1-4.
2 months ago I returned to my home in China where now my AHI's average 10 or higher! Nothing changed except the elevations. California=sea level China =5280 ft.

I have been trying to figure out what has happened or what I need to do to get this sorted out.

Any ideas please??

Pugsy

Re: My Dreamstation is out of control.....help please.

Post by Pugsy » Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:52 pm

What is your AHI composed of.....each category of event?

High ClearAirway/Central Index maybe?

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

bucko

Post by bucko » Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:14 pm

Pugsy wrote:What is your AHI composed of.....each category of event?

High ClearAirway/Central Index maybe?
I'm not sure of your question. Sleepyhead is basically using it's default configs.
Does this help?

https://app.box.com/s/lx5kax01ua0dhizkslewremqgc9538wy

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:22 pm

Please review this thread and post your detailed data in the format shown.
viewtopic/t103468/Need-help-with-screen-shots.html

Your AHI is roughly half obstructive and half central. Not sure what to make of that. If it had been primarily central then I would blame the altitude but now I am not so sure.
Need to see when those events got flagged and what the pressure was doing when they were flagged.

Were you ever on cpap when in China or did you end up on cpap only while in California and how?

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

bucko

Post by bucko » Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:47 pm

Pugsy wrote:Please review this thread and post your detailed data in the format shown.
viewtopic/t103468/Need-help-with-screen-shots.html

Your AHI is roughly half obstructive and half central. Not sure what to make of that. If it had been primarily central then I would blame the altitude but now I am not so sure.
Need to see when those events got flagged and what the pressure was doing when they were flagged.

Were you ever on cpap when in China or did you end up on cpap only while in California and how?
Thank you for looking into this for me. I have been using CPAP for 14 years. (10 in China) While in China, I never had AHI's lower than about 8. Usually over 10. I just figured that as good as it gets. But now that I stayed so long in CA this last year with great AHI's, I am confused what has happened now. I changed nothing but my location.

I'm happy to show graphs or whatever, just tell me what you need. Here is a pic of my graph page from last night.
https://app.box.com/s/m12j0c3ij5gx0glqieaj01sn7waswhsq

BTW my events always seem to happen in my last 1.5 hours before I wake up. This is very consistant with all my high AHI numbers.

Wulfman...

Post by Wulfman... » Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:15 pm

What were your previous pressure settings in China?
Were you using a range of pressures or fixed pressure?

Looking at your report, there are very few events when the pressure line if relatively flat. But, more when the pressure increases.
The question may be........are the events causing the pressure increases or are the pressure increases causing the events?

Den

(5) REMstar Autos w/C-Flex & (6) REMstar Pro 2 CPAPs w/C-Flex - Pressure Setting = 14 cm.
"Passover" Humidification - ResMed Ultra Mirage FF - Encore Pro w/Card Reader & MyEncore software - Chiroflow pillow
User since 05/14/05

bucko

Post by bucko » Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:25 pm

Wulfman... wrote:What were your previous pressure settings in China?
Were you using a range of pressures or fixed pressure?

Looking at your report, there are very few events when the pressure line if relatively flat. But, more when the pressure increases.
The question may be........are the events causing the pressure increases or are the pressure increases causing the events?

Den

In China before I had a Remstar Auto. When I got to Ca, I bought a new Dreamstation. I used the same pressure settings on both machines. As I said, I changed nothing except my actual location. I just figured out how to export my data via CSV which shows my time in CA and China. Data for China starts Dec 1 2016, All previous data is from CA. All data is only with the Dreamstation.

https://app.box.com/s/iigtksg0i9rdzztebqv84ywvjlp1aeb5

Julie

Post by Julie » Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:26 pm

Silly maybe, but how strong is the electrical set-up where you are? Is it possible that it's just generally weaker than CA in general?

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:33 pm

Hmmm....has your sleeping position changed? Start out at the beginning of the night on your side and end up on your back maybe?

I suspect the altitude is a factor but not sure how or why it would affect the obstructive stuff assuming those are really obstructive and not centrals missflagged.

It's common for altitude to sometimes cause the unstable breathing that ends up giving us centrals but usually that will happen all night long and not just for a couple of hours at the end of the sleep session.

Are those centrals real as in you are asleep or are they post arousal centrals caused by awake/semi awake time? I don't know.
Are you sleeping soundly or waking often especially in the last couple of hours?

I am sorry but I don't know what to do with CSV data and can't get it to load for me.

bucko

Post by bucko » Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:05 pm

I start sleeping on my side and maybe wake up on my back. I am not sure always. I used to sleep on my stomach which took a while to get used to, but I read somewhere this was not a good idea. That's when I went to my side. When I 1st started CPAP years ago, I slept on my back which was always bad for my breathing. I will pay attention to how I wake up and see what happens.

Electrical wise China is 220v. I don;t think this is an issue. Is sleeping on your stomach actually not good? Does it matter?

Julie

Post by Julie » Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:12 pm

Sleeping on your front is fine (been doing it forever, pre and post-cpap) but on your back is bad as it provokes many more apneas.

Wulfman...

Post by Wulfman... » Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:26 pm

What I would suggest trying for a few nights is to set your minimum and maximum pressure to the same setting......which appears to be about 10.5.......where your pressure line is the flattest. Won't hurt anything to try. Process of elimination.
It might rule in or out whether those are "pressure-induced Centrals".

Den

(5) REMstar Autos w/C-Flex & (6) REMstar Pro 2 CPAPs w/C-Flex - Pressure Setting = 14 cm.
"Passover" Humidification - ResMed Ultra Mirage FF - Encore Pro w/Card Reader & MyEncore software - Chiroflow pillow
User since 05/14/05

sewsleepy

Post by sewsleepy » Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:32 am

Is it possible something in China is causing allergies that lead to some nose/throat swelling?
PR System One 60 Series Auto CPAP with Heated Tube Humidifier, Airfit P10 mask

USMCVet

Post by USMCVet » Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:46 am

Weren't the Olympics recently held in China? Their air quality isn't as good as USA.

bucko

Post by bucko » Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:50 am

Wulfman... wrote:What I would suggest trying for a few nights is to set your minimum and maximum pressure to the same setting......which appears to be about 10.5.......where your pressure line is the flattest. Won't hurt anything to try. Process of elimination.
It might rule in or out whether those are "pressure-induced Centrals".

Den

I'll try anything. I will set it up and report back in a few days. Thanks