ResMed S9 Climate Hose Question

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Pugsy

Re: ResMed S9 Climate Hose Question

Post by Pugsy » Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:34 pm

If you warm up the air in the hose by using the heated hose and increasing the hose air temp it will prevent condensation from ever happening in the first place and you don't have to worry about gravity or slope of the hose.
If condensation doesn't ever happen in the first place it makes no difference at all as to hose routing or machine placement because there's nothing to need to drain downhill.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

ChicagoGranny

Post by ChicagoGranny » Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:07 pm

treydawgmt wrote:From my mask to my hose should be a continuous downward slope someone said. No loop above my head, and not on the floor.
You have rainout in your hose that is causing you some problems. If you run your hose on a continuous down slope to the machine, the rainout will not be a problem.

The people who are telling you to loop it above your head, are ignoring the rainout problem.

Of course, now that you have the manual describing how to adjust the humidity and the hose heat, you should experiment with finding comfortable settings which eliminate rainout. Then you can run the hose any variety of ways - even on an upward slope from the mask to the machine with a loop over your head.

treydawgmt

Post by treydawgmt » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:47 am

Thank you all for your replies! It appears (after 3 nights usage) that actually turning the heated tubing ON, that mostly solved the problem! It appears as though the setting was "OFF", so I had a really expensive, useless hose! Whoops. Thanks for all the advice though for whenever I use my home machine without a heater. (That one rarely has the rainout problem, but if it does, I'll know what to do!)

ChicagoGranny

Post by ChicagoGranny » Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:01 pm

treydawgmt wrote:It appears as though the setting was "OFF"
OK as long as you remember to turn the hose on when you get to the fire.