OT - Net Neutrality

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Wulfman...

Re: OT - Net Neutrality

Post by Wulfman... » Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:19 pm

(5) REMstar Autos w/C-Flex & (6) REMstar Pro 2 CPAPs w/C-Flex - Pressure Setting = 14 cm.
"Passover" Humidification - ResMed Ultra Mirage FF - Encore Pro w/Card Reader & MyEncore software - Chiroflow pillow
User since 05/14/05

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:19 pm

What's the downside here, no internet, no hackers, no power grid failure, Bullying rate lower.

I still have C.B.'s, VHS Tapes, Guns and Ammo. Wired phone, all is well, Russian hacker lose. Inter structure safer! Jim
Use data to optimize your xPAP treatment!

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire

Wulfman...

Post by Wulfman... » Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:22 pm

Goofproof wrote:What's the downside here, no internet, no hackers, no power grid failure, Bullying rate lower.

I still have C.B.'s, VHS Tapes, Guns and Ammo. Wired phone, all is well, Russian hacker lose. Inter structure safer! Jim
Same here......including......turntable for vinyl records and additional players for......reel to reel tapes, cassette tapes, 8-track tapes, 5 1/4" floppy disks, 3 1/2" disks, and probably a bunch of other stuff.

Den

(5) REMstar Autos w/C-Flex & (6) REMstar Pro 2 CPAPs w/C-Flex - Pressure Setting = 14 cm.
"Passover" Humidification - ResMed Ultra Mirage FF - Encore Pro w/Card Reader & MyEncore software - Chiroflow pillow
User since 05/14/05

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:31 pm

Wulfman... wrote:
Goofproof wrote:What's the downside here, no internet, no hackers, no power grid failure, Bullying rate lower.

Same here......including......turntable for vinyl records and additional players for......reel to reel tapes, cassette tapes, 8-track tapes, 5 1/4" floppy disks, 3 1/2" disks, and probably a bunch of other stuff.

Den

Oh NO!, looks like I'm not totally ready, I do have all versions of DOS to WIN 10, and a Lava Lamp. Jim

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire

AirPump

Post by AirPump » Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:28 am

Here's an article where you can get a clue where we are headed now by what is happening in other countries that let their ISP's run-away without net neutrality. If you are a cable TV subscriber, you will recognize the high prices for pre-determined (not by you but by your ISP) bundles of places you can go without paying a premium.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/12/10/busi ... ticle&_r=0

I pains me to see posts that say "If Obama supported it, it must be bad". I suppose you'd stop using your CPAP if Obama supported it too, right? Guess what? Obama supports CPAP because it is the most effective treatment for a dangerous condition: Sleep Apnea. So are you going to put your money where your mouth is and stop using your CPAP to treat your SA?

Oh, you say: my health isn't a partisan issue. And you'd be right. We ALL need the right therapy. (just as we all need access to the web these days). Sounds pretty foolish to think you should hurt yourself just because a black guy you don't like supports a good idea that you may, or may not, understand. And that is exactly how such posters to online forums sound: foolish. Or just so lazy that they can't be bothered to get themselves informed.

This issue will be litigated until we get some actual leadership in Washington that could be considered "representative" of 80% of the population's wishes vs the pro-Putin Kleptocracy we have going on this past year. The monopolies who control the bulk of broadband services (over 25Mb DL speeds) infrastructure throughout the USA will be dealt with as monopolies are in our society.

andrasnm

Post by andrasnm » Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:01 am

Why the hell am I getting into this argument? 49 is a SF liberal whose city is overrun by the homeless and a robot is needed to scare them to their senses and they let a murderer go free (who just happened to be an illegal immigrant), so we need misdirection and stir up the pot a little (politically speaking). Next election this f'ing subject will come back and the pendulum will swing to restore this regulation.

49er

Post by 49er » Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:05 am

andrasnm wrote:Why the hell am I getting into this argument? 49 is a SF liberal whose city is overrun by the homeless and a robot is needed to scare them to their senses and they let a murderer go free (who just happened to be an illegal immigrant), so we need misdirection and stir up the pot a little (politically speaking). Next election this f'ing subject will come back and the pendulum will swing to restore this regulation.
LOL as I don't live anywhere near San Francisco. Wish I did. I do plead guilty to being an "evil" liberal.

49er

RogerSC

Post by RogerSC » Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:28 am

49er wrote:
andrasnm wrote:Why the hell am I getting into this argument? 49 is a SF liberal whose city is overrun by the homeless and a robot is needed to scare them to their senses and they let a murderer go free (who just happened to be an illegal immigrant), so we need misdirection and stir up the pot a little (politically speaking). Next election this f'ing subject will come back and the pendulum will swing to restore this regulation.
LOL as I don't live anywhere near San Francisco. Wish I did. :) I do plead guilty to being an "evil" liberal. :lol: :lol:

49er
I'm another evil liberal who supports net neutrality, and am dismayed to see it overturned. So, in my area, we are now totally at the tender mercies of Comcast (they have no competition) for whatever they decide to charge us or anyone else. Or whatever level of service that they choose to give us for the fees that they charge. Not to mention start-up companies that use the internet to deliver a product that competes with the companies that Comcast might like. For a while there was some hope, when it looked like Comcast et.al. would be treated as the common carrier that it is, that we wouldn't be totally at the mercy of Comcast for a change. But we're back to that hopeless situation. I could give you the whole long story of how Comcast has treated it's customers in my area, but I'm tired of whining about stuff over which I have no control whatsoever. Suffice it to say that Comcast doesn't give a flying @#*&@ about me or any of it's customers in this area because it doesn't have to.

There's also the long story about what ISP's like Comcast agreed to with the Feds when they were given virtual monopolies in a lot of areas. But you can research that one, if you're interested.

And I am within an hour's drive of SF, and we do also have a homeless problem here. Despite that *smile*, I'm hoping that the pendulum swings back as soon as possible to give us poor customers a little leverage with bad actors like Comcast.

49er

Post by 49er » Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:41 am

http://thehill.com/policy/technology/36 ... lity-rules

""The survey presented respondents with detailed arguments from both supporters and opponents of the repeal plan, before asking them where they stood on the rules. It found that 83 percent overall favored keeping the FCC rules, including 75 percent of Republicans, 89 percent of Democrats and 86 percent of independents.""

So much for blaming the "evil" liberals.

DreamStalker

Post by DreamStalker » Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:49 am

AirPump wrote:Here's an article where you can get a clue where we are headed now by what is happening in other countries that let their ISP's run-away without net neutrality. If you are a cable TV subscriber, you will recognize the high prices for pre-determined (not by you but by your ISP) bundles of places you can go without paying a premium.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/12/10/busi ... ticle&_r=0
From failed internet expert to psychic palm reader ....
AirPump wrote:I pains me to see posts that say "If Obama supported it, it must be bad". I suppose you'd stop using your CPAP if Obama supported it too, right? Guess what? Obama supports CPAP because it is the most effective treatment for a dangerous condition: Sleep Apnea. So are you going to put your money where your mouth is and stop using your CPAP to treat your SA?
I seriously doubt that Obama has ever heard of sleep apnea, much less CPAP.
Why not just admit that YOU are making your life a partisan issue?
AirPump wrote:Oh, you say: my health isn't a partisan issue. And you'd be right. We ALL need the right therapy. (just as we all need access to the web these days). Sounds pretty foolish to think you should hurt yourself just because a black guy you don't like supports a good idea that you may, or may not, understand. And that is exactly how such posters to online forums sound: foolish. Or just so lazy that they can't be bothered to get themselves informed.
My health is NOT a partisan issue ... not just because I'm not partisan but because it just doesn't matter -- the net difference between a DEM supported monopoly and a GOP supported monopoly is ZERO!!
AirPump wrote:This issue will be litigated until we get some actual leadership in Washington that could be considered "representative" of 80% of the population's wishes vs the pro-Putin Kleptocracy we have going on this past year. The monopolies who control the bulk of broadband services (over 25Mb DL speeds) infrastructure throughout the USA will be dealt with as monopolies are in our society.
Putin did it? Seriously?

Where have you been? The monopolies started taking control of our nation way back in 1886, when corporations were made "natural persons" by the Supreme Court case of Santa Clara County v. Southern Pacific Railroad. We the little People have been enslaved by monopolies ever since. Bother to get yourself informed why don't ya?
President-pretender, J. Biden, said "the DNC has built the largest voter fraud organization in US history". Too bad they didn’t build the smartest voter fraud organization and got caught.

DreamStalker

Post by DreamStalker » Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:56 am

Uhhh .... cuz you chose to get into an argument?

From your argument I take it that you don't like arguments, San Francisco, liberals, homeless, robots, murderers, illegal immigrants, and politically stirred pots?

So what do you like?

BTW - I have no skin in the pot.
President-pretender, J. Biden, said "the DNC has built the largest voter fraud organization in US history". Too bad they didn’t build the smartest voter fraud organization and got caught.

jnk...

Post by jnk... » Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:12 am

Regardless of what's in your pot , it's nice that many in this thread seem to be doing a little better when it comes to expressing viewpoints on ideas instead of expressing viewpoints about others in the thread, right DS?
-Jeff (AS10/P30i)

Accounts to put on the foe list: Me. I often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

DreamStalker

Post by DreamStalker » Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:34 am

jnk... wrote:Regardless of what's in your pot , it's nice that many in this thread seem to be doing a little better when it comes to expressing viewpoints on ideas instead of expressing viewpoints about others in the thread, right DS?
I quit smoking pot about 3 decades ago ... the expressions of other's viewpoints on this thread ... I sort'a wonder.

"Express your idea of another's view point"
"But I don't have any idea ... what their view point is ..."
"You have 1 minute to comply!!"

DreamStalker

Post by DreamStalker » Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:59 pm

For anyone who does not want to submit to Twitter's big brother censorship .... there is an alternative!
https://gab.ai/

#twitterpocalypse
Twitter’s strict new enforcement rules will be going live on December 18th. Twitter will be judging user behavior both on and OFF of their website. This means that if you visit another website that they don’t like or show “support” for groups they don’t like, you can get banned.

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:24 pm

Who needs Twitter, if I want to talk with the president, I just call him up. Jim

If the phone line is busy, I call Putin's office and have him hang up.