Thinking of getting Dreamwear mask

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Janknitz

Re: Thinking of getting Dreamwear mask

Post by Janknitz » Fri Aug 04, 2017 6:56 pm

I really love the Dream Wear original except for one thing and that is that the back strap slips and slides so it leaks. I could easily fix it with some Velcro to catch my hair but I just haven't gotten around to it. It's very easy to deal with leaks, I just pull down on the back strap and a gentle push of the cushion against my nose. I think if it was harder to stop the leaks I would have done the Velcro trick long ago.

It is the most comfortable mask I've ever used and doesn't get in my way if I want to wear my glasses to watch TV or read until I fall asleep. And I have a hose hanger so the hose is never in my way. Great mask, but it does need that one modification.
What you need to know before you meet your DME http://tinyurl.com/2arffqx
Taming the Mirage Quattro http://tinyurl.com/2ft3lh8
Swift FX Fitting Guide http://tinyurl.com/22ur9ts
Don't Pay that Upcharge! http://tinyurl.com/2ck48rm

redmed

Post by redmed » Fri Aug 04, 2017 10:54 pm

Dreamwear is the best mask I have used.

Controlshift

Post by Controlshift » Sat Aug 05, 2017 3:47 am

I have the cushions and the gel pillows.
The cushions were great but they sometimes leeked which disturbed my partner. The leaks didn't register on the machine so we're prob minor.
My pressure is fixed at 14.
I have the pillows a few nights now. I find them good. No leaks. I'm new to pillows so I'm getting used to irritation etc.
It's the best mask I've had for feeling like I'm wearing nothing on my face as you can practically lie face down with it on.
Get a flexible short hose to go between your machines hose and the mask. There's no pull on the mask when I have that

Additional Comments: Fixed pressure 22/16, heated hose, insulated hose. Devastation AVAPS 30

emmagoldman44

Post by emmagoldman44 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 5:18 pm

Rica Lynn:
I have the same problem with the P10 med being the right size but the air holes too small.
it worked for me to snip off a very thin strip from the bottom of the opening, enlarging it just enough to breathe comfortably. Having very small and sharp scissors is a must ( i found them on a swiss army knife.)

Regarding Dreamwear: after 3 weeks of use, I am not thrilled. NOt real comfortable to wear, and the exhalation noise sounds are just a notch below Darth Vader. Although I sleep on my back the entire time, it can go hours with zero leaks but then I guess, just turning my head slightly causes it to leak ranging from mild to moderate. If one never moved AT ALL during the night, I suppose one could loosen the headgear straps enough to be comfortable and the nasal pillows would stay sealed nicely against the nostrils and prevent leakage. I will keep looking for a better alternative.

Mr t

Post by Mr t » Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:57 am

I recently purchased the Dreamwear nasal mask. I love the mask except for when I wear it my ears back up and pressure very irrating. I am trying to figure out a solution but would recommend this mask.

LoBattery

Post by LoBattery » Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:24 pm

Go away for a while and you miss things. I don't think I could succeed without DreamWear. I do have some problems at times with the standard DreamWear. Just looked it up and DreamWear Gel Nasal sounds like it is worth a try.
Seeing and believing are often both wrong. FOW

emmagoldman44

Post by emmagoldman44 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:03 pm

2 more things about improving the outcome for the Dreamwear mask:

1- the seal at the nostrils was noticeably better when after lying down, I used a mirror to seat each pillow very precisely in each nostril. Often go for hours with zero leakage - sleeping on back. Once you start moving your head, the frame pulls on the nose part and the seal at the nostril can come undone a bit.
Also, these are OVAL SHAPED and may not work as well for those with round nostrils. Don't know but just sayin.

2. the squealing and whistling at the top of the mask - solved by forcing the connection piece ALL THE WAY into the main regular tube. This requires a lot of force - not recommended if you have to change masks during the night and you have anything like arthritis in the hands, wrist tendinitis, frozen shoulder, etc.

AMESS

Post by AMESS » Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:38 pm

Ahoy! tonight will be second night on Dreamwear. Bad night last night. Gel pillows did not work right for me. However, Pugsy straightened me out on that. Do NOT stick them in you nose. Just let them sit outside your nose. When the gel pillows fell through, got out the nose cushion and used that. Problems--too much air coming out--like a wind tunnel. NAture of that beast I found out. So tonight I will try again. BTW started cpap three months ago and have been through 12 masks already. Guess that tells you how great things are. Good Luck

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:27 pm

Maybe doing XPAP goes best when you ADAPT! Jim

When you press the CAN'T Button, the ADAPT Bulb Burns Out!
Use data to optimize your xPAP treatment!

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire