Amara View reverse mouth leak

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
nicholasjh1

Amara View reverse mouth leak

Post by nicholasjh1 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:00 pm

... So, I'm trying ANOTHER new mask. This one seems the best yet (low leakage without having to tighten it much, no leakage into the tearducts), and I'll probably just stick with it, but I'm getting one major issue that occaisionally rouses me. I'm getting "reverse" mouth leak... pressure in the face part of the mask squirms it's way into my mouth and then bubbles up one cheek. any tips on this? I have all sorts of masks.... total full face, nasal pillows, hybrids. with nasal pillows I have mouth leak out which I don't like, with this I have leak in, which hasn't been a problem with the Innomed hybrid, but with the innomed I have to tighten down the mask to a stupid amount to avoid leaks out the sides of the mouth piece. Anyway I couldn't find anything with the forum search function. Anybody experienced with this issue?
Instead of Sleep apnea it should be called "Sleep deprivation, starving of oxygen, being poisoned by high CO2 levels, damaging the body and brain while it's supposed to be healing so that you constantly get worse and can never get healthy Apnea"

LSAT

Re: Amara View reverse mouth leak

Post by LSAT » Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:20 pm

Check out the mask liners at http://padacheek.com

nicholasjh1

Post by nicholasjh1 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:58 am

Ok, I ordered the Amara view one. The air being forced into my mouth is at the corners, so hopefully this will "block that" and in general my own homemade moleskin ones on the masks padacheek didn't cover helped reduce leakage, so I may be able to have an even looser fit! I'll let you know how it goes.
Instead of Sleep apnea it should be called "Sleep deprivation, starving of oxygen, being poisoned by high CO2 levels, damaging the body and brain while it's supposed to be healing so that you constantly get worse and can never get healthy Apnea"

Tater52403

Post by Tater52403 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:15 pm

Please let us know how it helps. I too have had the same issue with the inflated cheeks. which often wakes me from sleep.

nicholasjh1

Post by nicholasjh1 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:47 pm

Will Do

ChicagoGranny

Post by ChicagoGranny » Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:54 pm

nicholasjh1 wrote:Sleep starving of oxygen, being poisoned by high CO2 levels
You might also want to consider "sleep deprivation".

nicholasjh1

Post by nicholasjh1 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:24 am

ChicagoGranny wrote:
nicholasjh1 wrote:Sleep starving of oxygen, being poisoned by high CO2 levels

You might also want to consider "sleep deprivation".

Of course, but I put my tag like that because SO MANY doctors say... oh it's a sleep issue, here have this mask you'll sleep better and it will improve anything... More than anything it's a note for new cpap users that it's not just about sleep deprivation. In fact... I've only just started sleeping through the night after 9 months of therapy ( I was getting 3-5 wakeups per night), and I've seen vast improvements. I realize for mild to low moderate suffers it may be mostly about the sleep, but for severe sufferers I believe the biggest impact is the hormonal and oxygen deprivation damage apnea causes.

I added deprivation just for you though.

nicholasjh1

Post by nicholasjh1 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:28 am

So a combination of the padacheek and a chin strap set at just the right amount did eliminate leak in for the person who was interested about the outcome. The Padacheek wrap is awesome 10/10. the only thing I'd change about it is to not have the mouth hole at all! I only have the mouth part so I don't get mouth leak!

klm49

Post by klm49 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:19 pm

nicholasjh1 wrote:So a combination of the padacheek and a chin strap set at just the right amount did eliminate leak in for the person who was interested about the outcome. The Padacheek wrap is awesome 10/10. the only thing I'd change about it is to not have the mouth hole at all! I only have the mouth part so I don't get mouth leak!
\\Just contact them, they will gladly sell you one minus a mouth hole.

Resmed AirCurve10 Vauto w/humidifier
Amara View mask
O2 - 2-4 lpm

Muse-Inc

Post by Muse-Inc » Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:53 am

nicholasjh1 wrote:...with the innomed I have to tighten down the mask to a stupid amount to avoid leaks out the sides of the mouth piece...
Try a different size oral cushion.

ResMed S9 range 9.8-17, RespCare Hybrid FFM
Never, never, never, never say never.

nicholasjh1

Post by nicholasjh1 » Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:00 pm

Muse-Inc wrote:
nicholasjh1 wrote:...with the innomed I have to tighten down the mask to a stupid amount to avoid leaks out the sides of the mouth piece...
Try a different size oral cushion.
I wish, I tried all 3. apparently I have a thin but deep face, the large leaks like a sieve unless I tighten it to an incredible amount, the medium isn't wide enough for my mouth hole and still needs to be tighten too much not to leak, and the small is just incredibly small. I need the mask to be more of a U shape so to speak, they just don't make it that way. Thanks for the concern though! This is why some masks that work great for some just don't work for others. There is more difference to facial features then Big medium and small!