OT - Net Neutrality

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
49er

OT - Net Neutrality

Post by 49er » Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:15 pm

You may or may not know but net neutrality in the US is in grave danger and could be gone by 12/14.

https://www.battleforthenet.com/

Exert

""The FCC just announced its plan to slash net neutrality rules, allowing ISPs like Verizon to block apps, slow websites, and charge fees to control what you see and do online. They vote December 14th. But if Congress gets enough calls, *they* can stop the FCC.""

No matter what your political affiliation is, I urge all US citizens on this forum to call members of Congress telling them that you want net neutrality preserved. Otherwise, access to sites like this could be in jeopardy because we buck the medical establishment by taking charge of our therapy.

And by the way, I do not intend for this thread to dissolve into an argument as to which politician is eviler and who is to blame for this. The issue is no matter what your political views are, internet access is being threatened.

https://www.senate.gov/senators/contact/
https://www.house.gov/representatives/f ... esentative

PS - In case anyone was wondering, Pugsy gave me the ok to post this.

Pugsy

Re: OT - Net Neutrality

Post by Pugsy » Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:22 pm

This post was originally posted earlier and someone spam deleted it.

Johnny has made it clear that OT posts of this sort are okay to post. He welcomes political discussions and even rather heated discussions.
Just keep them separate from cpap stuff which this clearly is marked OT for Off Topic.

If you don't want to participate in OT threads...don't read them. Pretty simple.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

DreamStalker

Post by DreamStalker » Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:28 pm

Interesting ... this post appeared earlier and then disappeared for a while before reappearing.

IMO, it's too little too late. A revolution is the only option at this point.

Corporate interests from every industry have take control of our government at all levels (aka - the "deep state"). It's why voting doesn't matter unless both political parties are completely abandoned and replaced by independents. Both political parties are corrupted by corporate power and money. If people understood how money (actually currency) came into existence, they would have a better understanding of how corporate interests corrupt our government by transforming it into the deep state "revolving door".

Anyway, I agree the internet and ALL communications bandwidth for that matter should belong to the people and not corporations.

Good luck nonetheless.
Pugsy wrote:This post was originally posted earlier and someone spam deleted it.

Johnny has made it clear that OT posts of this sort are okay to post. He welcomes political discussions and even rather heated discussions.
Just keep them separate from cpap stuff which this clearly is marked OT for Off Topic.

If you don't want to participate in OT threads...don't read them. Pretty simple.
Well that splains my initial observation.
President-pretender, J. Biden, said "the DNC has built the largest voter fraud organization in US history". Too bad they didn’t build the smartest voter fraud organization and got caught.

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:38 pm

I'm a little confused like many, I don't want to pay for internet access where the provider can set where you go or cut you speeds of different sites.

Download limits should be open, if a provider doesn't want to provide this service, maybe they should pull up stakes and sell used cars.

I'm on Version DSL second level, if I download too much, I'm sure they kick out my router. there is no limit stated and I get nowhere the speed I pay for, it's a racket like many business, now they want the government in it too make it worse. Jim

I moved the router and switch to the bedroom from the basement to make it easier to reset.
Use data to optimize your xPAP treatment!

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire

DreamStalker

Post by DreamStalker » Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:48 pm

Goofproof wrote:I'm a little confused like many, I don't want to pay for internet access where the provider can set where you go or cut you speeds of different sites.

Download limits should be open, if a provider doesn't want to provide this service, maybe they should pull up stakes and sell used cars.

I'm on Version DSL second level, if I download too much, I'm sure they kick out my router. there is no limit stated and I get nowhere the speed I pay for, it's a racket like many business, now they want the government in it too make it worse. Jim

I moved the router and switch to the bedroom from the basement to make it easier to reset.
It's all about the move towards censorship for dollars Jim ... "they" don't want you clicking on Google ads bought by the Russians.
President-pretender, J. Biden, said "the DNC has built the largest voter fraud organization in US history". Too bad they didn’t build the smartest voter fraud organization and got caught.

Hang Fire

Post by Hang Fire » Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:52 pm

Net neutrality = More government regulation + More government snooping + Less private investment

The internet has been wonderful for 15 years without a net neutrality law and the government bureaucracy that comes with it.

I'm against net neutrality.

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:15 pm

Some of the directing/censorship activities are gradually making the internet completely useless,
except as an ADVERTISING MEDIUM.
If it comes to that, LET THE ADVERTISERS PAY FOR IT.

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:22 pm

DreamStalker wrote:
Goofproof wrote:I'm a little confused like many, I don't want to pay for internet access where the provider can set where you go or cut you speeds of different sites.

It's all about the move towards censorship for dollars Jim ... "they" don't want you clicking on Google ads bought by the Russians.
Long Live Pirate Bay, Free The Internet, for good not Profit....

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire

Cereal Killer

Post by Cereal Killer » Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:54 pm

Long Live Pirate Bay, Free The Internet, for good not Profit....
Who do you think pays for all the resources to run the internet? Do you want the government doing it? Do you realize that you are posting in a forum provided by a for-profit enterprise?

"There is no free lunch."

Cereal Killer

Post by Cereal Killer » Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:57 pm

49er wrote:Otherwise, access to sites like this could be in jeopardy because we buck the medical establishment by taking charge of our therapy.
Sorry, but it is the government that is most likely to endanger cpaptalk.

I've already spoken to my Congressman's office in favor of the FCC move.

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:11 pm

Glad the other post explained 49er's double post isn't a health problem. But adding it back is confusing... Jim

Also Congress shouldn't need phone calls, they should have a way to be informed about our wishes on the internet by E-Mail. Even the Russians could vote . Jim

amenite

Post by amenite » Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:02 am

Cereal Killer wrote:
49er wrote:Otherwise, access to sites like this could be in jeopardy because we buck the medical establishment by taking charge of our therapy.
Sorry, but it is the government that is most likely to endanger cpaptalk.

I've already spoken to my Congressman's office in favor of the FCC move.
Supporting Ajit Pai's version of things is a sucker move.

DreamStalker

Post by DreamStalker » Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:42 am

Goofproof wrote:Glad the other post explained 49er's double post isn't a health problem. But adding it back is confusing... Jim

Also Congress shouldn't need phone calls, they should have a way to be informed about our wishes on the internet by E-Mail. Even the Russians could vote . Jim
Putin is behind it!

According to Newsweek's Jessica Kwong article:
"Google found about $4,700 worth of search-and-display ads with dubious Russian ties"
"Twitter users in swing states in the U.S. received more fake news than real stories in the days leading up to the 2016 presidential election. .... and the trolls were being paid between $1,300 and $2,000 per month"

So by spending a mere $4,700 for paid Tweets and $1,500 or so a month for some trolls, Russia can now control all of our minds. And it's Black Friday so be careful out there!

Anyway, after doing some brief research, net neutrality is a double edged sword. Without it, corporate monopolies take over internet and charge our government to censor it for them ... while with net neutrality the government takes over the internet to do it's own censorship and sells regulation favors to the corporations in return for campaign donations. And Google, twitter, and FB are already censoring ... so either way we are screwed.

Here is the FCC doc for anyone interested ...
https://apps.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attac ... 7927A1.pdf

Found here ...
https://www.fcc.gov/search/#q=Restoring ... %20Freedom

amenite

Post by amenite » Fri Nov 24, 2017 12:46 pm

DreamStalker wrote: ...
Anyway, after doing some brief research...
Did your "brief research" include any references to the hundreds of thousands of pro-repeal phony comments submitted to the FCC itself? Someone is going to great lengths to make sure this goes through. I'm guessing it's not your average consumer doing the spam botting.

https://hackernoon.com/more-than-a-mill ... f0e3ed36a6

grayghost4

Post by grayghost4 » Fri Nov 24, 2017 1:34 pm

all the internet company's already have our email address.... they don't have to steal them
If you're not part of the solution you're just scumming up the bottom of the beaker!

Get the Clinicians manual here : http://apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-press ... tup-manual