System One Bipap

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
wacyone

System One Bipap

Post by wacyone » Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:33 am

I need help. We moved over the summer and my machine has worked just fine up to the last 10 days. Overnight the alarm goes crazy. I have replaced the filter,got a new chin strap and checked everything I know to check. Can anyone give a possible solution on this? I know my DME will not know what is going on. Does anyone think it may need to be sent in for repairs?

Thank You
Wes

Pugsy

Re: System One Bipap

Post by Pugsy » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:05 am

Which alarm is going crazy? Are you talking about the leak alarm?
Is it still blowing air?

If you are talking about the leak alarm...first verify using the software that the leaks aren't really a problem.
If they aren't a problem per the software then you can turn the leak alert alarm off.
Maybe try a new hose...maybe there is a hole in the hose.

If it's not the leak alert alarm....are you getting any messages on the screen when the alarm is going off?

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Post by Guest » Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:59 am

Thanks for the response Pugsy. I think it may be the leak alarm but I looked in the set up and I don;t find a setting for leak. Could it be worded different like I found AHI alarm. Any help would be appreciated.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:05 am

Is your BiPap the 950 or 960 model which is the ASV model?
Those machines have a lot more alarms than the regular bipaps.
And I don't think they have a leak alarm if my memory serves me correctly.

If you do have the ASV model (either 950 or 960) that opens up a whole new set of potential sensor issues and I would think it best to be evaluated by someone who knows these machines.

Acbio.com....give them a call. I used them with my 960 model when it was doing weird things during the night that couldn't be explained.
http://acbio.com/

And/or contact whomever you got the machine from and see what they want to do. It's not normal for sure. They might have a loaner available while your machine goes to the cpap repair hospital.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Post by Guest » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:16 am

Average Leak Rate 3.21
90% Leak Rate 10.00
% of time above Leak Rate threshold 3.55% This is what Sleepy Head shows for last night.
Looking at the info window on the machine it shows 1 day 0%,7 days 20% and 30 days 14%

It is a model 50

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:19 am

Is it the 950 model?

When the alarm is sounding do you see any message on the screen?

Is it going off all the time or just intermittently?

If it is the 950 model...it's old and could be ailing and probably needs replacing.

Your leaks aren't excessive at all. Sounds more like a failing sensor of some sort to me.

Post by Guest » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:27 am

I made a mistake. It is the 960 BiPAP AutoSV 60 series with heated hose. Sorry for the mistake. I have had it about 2 years so it is not that old.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:32 am

Where did you get it from?

It's still a fancy machine with more sensors than the regular bipaps and thus more chances for failure.

Any messages showing up on the LCD screen when the alarm goes off and again....is the alarm intermittent or continuous.

It needs to be checked out by professionals. I don't think there is anything you can do on your end.

Post by Guest » Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:34 pm

I just talked with my DME and she said bring it in and they will get ma loaner. Thanks Pugsy

Post by Guest » Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:47 pm

The alarms went off again last night but before I turned the machine off I turned on the lights and in the window it said"low pressure".So I have a loaner and mine is going to see the BiPAP doctor.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:50 pm

The low pressure alarm. I saw that on my 960 in the middle of the night too and it is why it went to acbio.com to get checked out. We never could find out what was causing it and there's nothing in the literature about it. Ended up changing out the PC board (or something like that) and it never happened again.
Might have been a loose something or other too.

My machine was relatively new when it happened...like maybe 200 hours or so.

Post by Guest » Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:24 pm

My DME has me using DreamStation BiPAP AutoSV with Humidifier by Philips Respironics right now. Last night was a good sleeping night.

You have a Happy Thanksgiving.

wacyone

Post by wacyone » Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:47 am

The dream station did the same thing showing low pressure. I checked with DME and they had not sent my machine so I have it back. But still having trouble. They talked me into trying a full face mask this time. They sent me home with a Quattro Air and still have trouble. I am wondering with my pressures set high 15/25 if that might need changing. I had spine surgery in June and I know some other things in the body have changed. When the DME tested the Air mask in her office I could not tell her machine was on but I did not ask her what the pressure was set at. I think I am going to try 11/21 maybe. If you have any suggestions please let me know. This getting no sleep is getting to me.

Thank You