Resperonics -Air Fit 20 nasal wisp

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
AMESS

Resperonics -Air Fit 20 nasal wisp

Post by AMESS » Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:12 am

Has any one tried this mask?

Pugsy

Re: Resperonics -Air Fit 20 nasal wisp

Post by Pugsy » Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:58 am

ResMed makes the Air Fit 20 nasal mask.
Respironics makes the Wisp.

If strap marks are an issue you probably won't like the Wisp....look at the headgear straps and how they are placed on the face.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

AMESS

Post by AMESS » Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:08 am

Pugs--Do u have a suggestion for a mask failure person who has tried many masks and failed? Nasal pillows keep slipping out. Annoying. FF leaves bags under eyes. As a result I am not sleeping though any of this and failure is NOT an option.

Cardsfan

Post by Cardsfan » Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:14 am

Have you tried the Swift FX? The entire headgear is soft, no hard parts. Also, the Swift FX Nano. Same headgear but can use either pillows or nasal cushion. I use it. I will warn you the exhaust is very noticeable, but it's a trade off I live with because I like the headgear.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:15 am

Nasal pillows shouldn't slip out. Mine don't and I wear mine very loose. Which nasal pillow mask are you now using that slips out of the nose?
Which nasal pillow masks have you tried?

I understand about mask strap dents on the face...I get them and they are annoying for sure. My skin is such that I will get a scar on my cheek from a wrinkle on the pillow case so that tells you how easily I get strap marks. Strap covers will greatly reduce the mask strap marks.

Don't laugh at this idea....if you have good teeth it is a good mask. I used it for over a year until the P10 was released.
No strap marks because no headgear and the pillows won't move if the mouth guard is fitted properly.
https://www.cpap.com/productpage/tap-pa ... roved.html

Of all the masks you have tried...which one is your preference with the least amount of troubles and what troubles remain?

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

nanwilson

Post by nanwilson » Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:18 am

I tried at least 12 masks before I found the right one. As to strap marks, I cover all of my mask straps with fleece, go to padacheeks site and check out Karens stuff.
As to quitting................ IT DEFINATELY IS NOT AN OPTION!!!!!!! Suck it up and stop complaining, just DO IT.
Started cpap in 2010.. still at it with great results.

AMESS

Post by AMESS » Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:24 am

The FF mask give me bags. Currently using res med fx. The head gear some times slips off. I have a lot of hair. It gets stuck. Maybe I do not have the hang of the pillows that when I turn over they com loose. . Using a chin strap--that comes loose. Spend most of the night adjusting something.

To me the nasal pillows are the most comfortable.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:42 am

So specifically which nasal pillow mask(s) have you tried and which do you like the best of the ones you have tried?
Brand and model please?

Sounds like you are using this one
Swift FX nasal pillows...is this correct? Have you tried any others?
https://www.cpap.com/productpage/resmed ... dgear.html

If you do have the Swift FX you might look at adding the Nano cushion because it will fit on the same headgear frame as the Swift FX nasal pillows.
https://www.cpap.com/productpage/cushio ... -nano.html
This will make the mask be very similar to the Wisp you were looking at but without all the headgear that comes with the Wisp.

The Swift FX is actually a fairly stable mask but you may not have the back strap or side adjustment quite optimal. The back strap is probably the weakest point in that mask...it wants to try to slide up the back of the head sometimes. Is this what is happening to you?

AMESS

Post by AMESS » Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:59 am

Yes it slips..badly. . I like the fx because the pillows are small. But turning over--they come out. The nano nose piece u sent is one I have not seen, Ty Let me research it more. Everybody else seems to get it right. Me? ?

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:14 am

If the nasal pillows come out when turning over then either that back strap needs to be more secure or the side straps need to be more secure...maybe a one notch adjustment tighter.
OR....add the Padacheek side strap covers...they do help with the tension plus they are better at preventing marks/dents on the face than the skinny ass little covers that come from ResMed.
http://www.padacheek.com/PAC_SwiftFX.html
You can use them with the Nano cushion or the nasal pillows.
I use them on my P10 too because I don't like the dents that I get with the straps. Some people just get the mask strap dents easier than others...it's an edema thing that we can't do much about except try to lessen them.

AMESS

Post by AMESS » Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:56 am

hAVE THE RES MED STRAP COVERS--NOT MUCH HELP--

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:00 am

Yeah...the ResMed skinny ass strap covers are pretty much zero help. Been there and done that years ago.
Get some real padded strap covers or make your own. It will help.

nanwilson

Post by nanwilson » Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:15 am

AMESS wrote:hAVE THE RES MED STRAP COVERS--NOT MUCH HELP--

No need to yell!!! Pugsy said to go to padacheeks.com and look at their covers.. I said the same thing There are many things you can try to not have marks on your pace. If you had ever bothered to read previous posts on the subject via the search box, you would have seen that. One of our members even uses a sanitary pad, and I believe others have tried it until they could find something better. You seem to expect instant service from members here and then never even follow their advice... advice which has been tried and true by others
You sound just like my three year old g grandson, now when he complains I just ask him what did mom or dad tell you, I don`t need to repeat it

Cardsfan

Post by Cardsfan » Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:18 am

I use the Swift FX Nano. The back head strap rides up on me too. After I put it on, I try to pull some hair from down by my neck (hair that is lower than the strap) stick your finger under the strap and pull some hair up and over the back strap. It seems to help some.

nanwilson

Post by nanwilson » Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:45 am

Just noticed that you said the pillows fall out and leak.... are you wearing the smallest size because that's what you `think` you need. Perhaps you need to check out the sizing video and maybe you need one size larger. Do the sizing steps in front of a mirror and you can check which size lip just covers the outside with just the cone part going in. No mask is the same size even if they all say small, each manufacturer is different in their sizing.