Ideas needed for AirSense 10 water chamber repair

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
jim22

Re: Ideas needed for AirSense 10 water chamber repair

Post by jim22 » Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:43 pm

I second the aquarium sealant, but i would give a good few days to fully cure. I would not use non-aquarium safe silicon caulk or sealant of any type, it might off-gas more or longer, and many contain ingrediants to inhibit mold and mildew.
Jim

Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset, Swift FX nasal pillows mask

Okie bipap

Post by Okie bipap » Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:53 pm

Aquarium sealant smells like vinegar before it cures. As I remember right, it cures within 24 hours. I used it in the past when we had fish tanks in the house.

Growing old is mandatory, but growing up is optional.

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:09 pm

I would love to lay my hands on some UV-cured goop used by dentists.
That has got to have the shortest curing time and the lowest toxicity of anything.

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:43 pm

chunkyfrog wrote:I would love to lay my hands on some UV-cured goop used by dentists.
That has got to have the shortest curing time and the lowest toxicity of anything.
They put my De-Fib in 10-09-17 and closed the hole in my chest with a glue and a uv light. Only bad thing looks like the got a lot of excess inside me. I guess he wasn't a boob doctor. I guess I won't be using that two piece bathing suit next spring. Jim
Use data to optimize your xPAP treatment!

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire

palerider

Post by palerider » Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:59 pm

chunkyfrog wrote:I would love to lay my hands on some UV-cured goop used by dentists.
The latest bondic video mentioned that it originated with the dental industry.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:20 pm

Weren't dentists the people that used mercury fillings for decades? Jim
Use data to optimize your xPAP treatment!

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire

HDCowboy

Post by HDCowboy » Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:56 pm

If you wanted to get fancy you can order you a plastic welding kit from Harbor Freight or some other outfit and it would probably work if you could find the crack but I think it would be a much cheaper and less time consuming just to replace the water chamber!! LOL!
ResMed AirCurve 10 V-Auto / ResMed AirFit P10 Nasal Pillows

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:20 pm

HDCowboy wrote:If you wanted to get fancy you can order you a plastic welding kit from Harbor Freight or some other outfit and it would probably work if you could find the crack but I think it would be a much cheaper and less time consuming just to replace the water chamber!! LOL!
I already ordered and received a new water chamber (that was ordered the night I realized I broke it) but I do have some epoxy that I got at the local hardware store that didn't cost much that I am going to try and see how it might work as an emergency repair.
I just haven't had the time or felt much like sitting down and getting it done. Things have been a bit hectic with my mom and I am still a bit worn out from this lingering cold thing I picked up at the doctor's office.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

billbolton

Post by billbolton » Sun Nov 12, 2017 3:19 am

A brand new A10 humidifier tub assembly is currently about $20 from CPAP.com. You wouldn't want to spend very much on material to repair a damaged unit

ajack

Post by ajack » Sun Nov 12, 2017 3:32 am

and not to mention that, has any tried to stick anything including silicon onto a silicon. that will flex? If there is such a product, we would know about it. Some loctite stuff will stick, but won't flex.

palerider

Post by palerider » Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:58 pm

The reading comprehension disabilities of people are simply amazing... in the *FIRST POST* Pugsy said:
pugsy wrote:I have a spare chamber and will over course order another next week but for now I just want to play with trying to fix the one I have just to see if I can do it. ...

Mainly I just want to see if it can be fixed and still be usable. Just to do it. Not because I need to use it again or still.
And how many people said "it's not worth it, new ones are cheap!" when she *CLEARLY* said at the onset that she was doing it to gain knowledge.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:09 pm

palerider wrote:The reading comprehension disabilities of people are simply amazing... in the *FIRST POST* Pugsy said:
Yeah.....I was sitting here scratching my head over that one yesterday when I again had someone be so kind as to tell me how cheap they were and what a waste of time it was to try to fix it.

I find it amazing that people can't seem to read and answer the question as it was put forth and if they can't answer the question why they have to say anything at all.
Do they
1....not bother to read the entire post
2....not bother to read subsequent posts

I think I will get off my lazy ass and go play with the damn thing right now and see if I can make a teeny tiny bead of epoxy stick on that troublesome corner where it leaks.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Post by Guest » Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:49 pm

Pugsy wrote:I find it amazing that people can't seem to read and answer the question as it was put forth and if they can't answer the question why they have to say anything at all.
Unfortunately that has become all to common here.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:51 pm

Okay...plan was one of those things that sounded good in my head but that's about as good as it got.

Messing with the epoxy stuff is a huge PITA and I made a god awful mess and now I can't get the crap off my hands....and I got it everywhere but where I wanted it.

Plan B....for emergency short term fix..... Flex seal tape on the outside. Impossible to do anything on the inside due to space constraints.
Going to put some on now and see if it holds without leaking.

Bertha deBlues

Post by Bertha deBlues » Sun Nov 12, 2017 3:01 pm

It will be interesting to see if Plan B works. Nothing wrong with at least trying before pitching something. The rest of us can learn from your experiment - for example, I've already learned to be very, very careful with epoxy.
And in the end the love you take is equal to the love you make. - Paul McCartney