Ideas needed for AirSense 10 water chamber repair

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Pugsy

Ideas needed for AirSense 10 water chamber repair

Post by Pugsy » Sat Nov 04, 2017 1:51 pm

Okay....I need ideas for repairing the water chamber.
I dropped the damn thing last night full of water and made a god awful mess.
I was concerned about the seal so filled it and set it aside so I could watch for leaks and yes...it leaks at the seal but mainly on one side.
I could watch the water ooze out.

I have a spare chamber and will over course order another next week but for now I just want to play with trying to fix the one I have just to see if I can do it.

No obvious cracks in the plastic anywhere and I sit and watch it to see where the water is leaking from and it just appears to be 1/2 of one side that seems to leak at the seal. So not all the way around....about 1/2 of one side and one corner seems to be involved.

Mainly I just want to see if it can be fixed and still be usable. Just to do it. Not because I need to use it again or still.
I just can't think of what product to try but I am thinking Gorilla clear super glue. Since I have some handy.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

palerider

Re: Ideas needed for AirSense 10 water chamber repair

Post by palerider » Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:04 pm

Not having seen one up close, but just thinking it's similar to the respironics system one tubs.. (why did resmed screw up the good leakproof ones they had???) I'd suggest "sugru", a moldable silicone putty that cures to a pretty tough, waterproof, heat resistant fix in under 24 hours.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:22 pm

Thanks.
That's probably better than Super Glue type of product. Maybe I will go to town later and see if WalMart or the local hardware store has some.
If not I see that Amazon shows it.
Not in a big rush. I have a bad cold and not in the greatest of energy modes right now.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

TASmart

Post by TASmart » Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:29 pm

xxyzx wrote:
Pugsy wrote:Okay....I need ideas for repairing the water chamber.
I dropped the damn thing last night full of water and made a god awful mess.
I was concerned about the seal so filled it and set it aside so I could watch for leaks and yes...it leaks at the seal but mainly on one side.
I could watch the water ooze out.

I have a spare chamber and will over course order another next week but for now I just want to play with trying to fix the one I have just to see if I can do it.

No obvious cracks in the plastic anywhere and I sit and watch it to see where the water is leaking from and it just appears to be 1/2 of one side that seems to leak at the seal. So not all the way around....about 1/2 of one side and one corner seems to be involved.

Mainly I just want to see if it can be fixed and still be usable. Just to do it. Not because I need to use it again or still.
I just can't think of what product to try but I am thinking Gorilla clear super glue. Since I have some handy.
=========

ads on tv for stuff that fixes leaks even big ones

Don't think I would want to breathe the solvent on that sealant in a can. But that stuff looks pretty cool for non-medical applications.
saw it last night but didnt write down the name

some as seen on tv store should have it
All posts reflect my own opinion based on my experience and reading.
Your mileage may vary
Past performance is no guarantee of future results
Consult with your own physician as people very

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:42 pm

Look for a food safe UV-cured adhesive.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sat Nov 04, 2017 3:01 pm

I have thought about those spray adhesives and yes, I know not to breathe the stuff and would let it "cure" for quite awhile before I ever would actually use it...but I was thinking if I used one of the sprays I would want to be able to really target the seal line.
Maybe with something similar to the little pointy straw thing we use with WD 40 spray. Don't know if they make anything like that.

Now I do have some of that Flex Seal tape that you see advertise and all I would need might be a small strip inside and outside.
I gotta look closer at the joint on the inside and how to make a nice smooth joint of my own.

TASmart

Post by TASmart » Sat Nov 04, 2017 3:46 pm

Sorry, my response appeared in the middle of the quoted post. I don't need to make you look bad, I only want correct, accurate non-harmful stuff posted.

And re the solvent, there would be significant residual after letting it dry outside, and even more when the tank heats up to add the humidity.
All posts reflect my own opinion based on my experience and reading.
Your mileage may vary
Past performance is no guarantee of future results
Consult with your own physician as people very

bigdave36

Post by bigdave36 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 3:48 pm

I found a food grade epoxy on Amazon for about $6.00, should do the trick. Food grade is the term you are looking for.
Good luck ...let us know how it works out.

bigdave36

Post by bigdave36 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 3:55 pm

Also, make sure to use the glue on the inside of the tank. The tank is pressurised from the inside...I think...and putting the glue on the outside will push the glue out of the affected area

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sat Nov 04, 2017 4:15 pm

Been looking at the inside where the joint line is. Won't be easy to use the Flex tape and get a smooth seal so I don't know that I will try that...at least not yet. Corners and curves create a problem and it's a tiny cramped space.
Also too difficult to use the Gorrilla super glue stuff even if I used the gel...can't get back in the corner easily.
Need something I can mold easily and apply to that corner on the inside. I still can't find any crack anywhere though and I have looked at the joint where I saw it leaking water last night and I cannot spot any difference in the joint line. It must be a teeny tiny seal disruption.

palerider

Post by palerider » Sat Nov 04, 2017 4:58 pm

Pugsy wrote:Thanks.
That's probably better than Super Glue type of product. Maybe I will go to town later and see if WalMart or the local hardware store has some.
If not I see that Amazon shows it.
Not in a big rush. I have a bad cold and not in the greatest of energy modes right now.
When you do get a packet of it... keep the unopened packets in the fridge, it extends the shelf life several times over. it's really handy stuff for the DIY type person.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Mark55

Post by Mark55 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 5:03 pm

I wouldn't take the chance with fumes,...but that's just me. I'm pretty mechanical, due to my line of work, but for 20 bucks I'd just toss it.

HoseCrusher

Post by HoseCrusher » Sat Nov 04, 2017 5:04 pm

Rescue tape may provide a solution. Wrap it all the way around and let some heat help it form to the various shapes.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sat Nov 04, 2017 5:06 pm

Oh..I have already ordered a new chamber.
I just want to see if I can fix it. I don't know that I would ever use it and if I did it likely would be months from now.
I just want to try. I am that way....I like to try stuff.

palerider

Post by palerider » Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:49 pm

Mark55 wrote:I wouldn't take the chance with fumes,...but that's just me. I'm pretty mechanical, due to my line of work, but for 20 bucks I'd just toss it.
Pugsy wrote:Mainly I just want to see if it can be fixed and still be usable. Just to do it. Not because I need to use it again or still.