Resmed My Air

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
jjc155

Re: Resmed My Air

Post by jjc155 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:13 am

lwieland11 wrote:Hi -

I was looking on Resmed's MyAir this morning for my stats from last night and it only recorded about a half an hour. Should have been about 4.5 hours. Is MyAir ever wrong?
I was having similar issues and was able to figure out that the 24hr period that they use is from Noon to Noon. Depending on your sleep schedule (I work nights) part of one "day" can be counted on another.

For example I will go to sleep at 0800 this morning so 0800-1200 will be counted on 10/18 and 1200-1500 (when I wake up) will be counted on 10/19. All the use is counted but it is counted weird. Still sleeping 7 hours today but it won't log all seven hours for today, lol.

That and occasionally the site is down and/or slow. I've had a couple days missing before and then they popped up a couple days later.

J-

jjc155

Post by jjc155 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:24 am

Goofproof wrote:Why not use Sleepyhead, It's better.
Maybe their Doctor/insurance company doesn't accept Sleepyhead etc. Maybe they use both for different reasons.

J-

Passport in-hand

Post by Passport in-hand » Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:48 am

Pugsy wrote:
Passport in-hand wrote:FYI: The newer Resmed AirCurve and AirSense devices no longer have the SD card - only cellular comm capabilities to the Resmed mainframe and your supplier's database. The other alternative is using an oximeter. Wearing another device whilst I sleep is something I don't want to do.
I just got a new AirSense 10 and there is a slot for the SD card and it came with a SD card.
And I have an AirCurve device and it also has a slot for the SD card.
Now I have heard some people say that the SD cards aren't being included now but there's nothing stopping someone from just buying their own SD card.

Are you saying that there is no longer a SD card slot???
Or just no longer being supplied with the machine?
You are absolutely correct!
RESMED AIRCURVE 10 VAUTO
Nasal: Fisher and Paykel Eson 1
PAP user since 2014

luvsbluberries

Post by luvsbluberries » Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:25 am

Passport in-hand wrote: You are absolutely correct!
Could you be more specific as to which of her statements/questions are correct?

Is it that they are no longer coming with the SD card.... or is it that they are no longer manufactured with the SD slot? If the SD slot is no longer part of the machine, what is the source of your information? There is no mention of a change on their website.

no_more_headaches

Post by no_more_headaches » Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:54 pm

I just got an Airsense 10 in August and it has a SD card slot but the DME wanted to charge for the SD card. I can easily buy one cheaper.

Supine AHI 78.9 REM AHI 16
Titrated 1/18/08, Pressure 9

Turntex

Post by Turntex » Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:24 pm

I just got an AirCurve Vauto 4 weeks or so ago and it did indeed come with an SD card and was new out of the box with 0 blower hours. DME said they just got it in that week.

StuUnderPressure

Post by StuUnderPressure » Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:36 pm

Pugsy wrote:
Passport in-hand wrote:FYI: The newer Resmed AirCurve and AirSense devices no longer have the SD card - only cellular comm capabilities to the Resmed mainframe and your supplier's database. The other alternative is using an oximeter. Wearing another device whilst I sleep is something I don't want to do.
I just got a new AirSense 10 and there is a slot for the SD card and it came with a SD card.
And I have an AirCurve device and it also has a slot for the SD card.
Now I have heard some people say that the SD cards aren't being included now but there's nothing stopping someone from just buying their own SD card.

Are you saying that there is no longer a SD card slot???
Or just no longer being supplied with the machine?
My AirCurve 10 VAUTO did come with both a slot & an SD Card
I picked it up 9-15-17

SD Card Formatter 5.0.2 https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/format ... index.html

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:23 pm

StuUnderPressure wrote:My AirCurve 10 VAUTO did come with both a slot & an SD Card
I picked it up 9-15-17
I think that what is happening is that DMEs are robbing the SD cards out of the machines and then telling people that ResMed no longer ships the machine with a card and then will kindly sell you that SD card they stole out of the machine.

I can't imagine that ResMed would stop including the SD slot ...it would require revamp of whole manufacturing system and why incur the expense.
Besides...not everyone lives where the cellular system works...and some people are going to turn airplane mode on just out of general principle.
Now will ResMed start shipping without SD cards...who knows but so far they don't seem to be omitting the cards.
I think the DMEs are robbing them to resell and make an extra buck. I don't have any proof but I don't really need any given the past history of most DMEs and the lies they tell.
If I remember I will ask my DME the next time I get a mask part...he won't lie to me...has no need to. They are supplying ResMeds right now and he would know.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

StuUnderPressure

Post by StuUnderPressure » Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:23 pm

Pugsy wrote:
StuUnderPressure wrote:My AirCurve 10 VAUTO did come with both a slot & an SD Card
I picked it up 9-15-17
I think that what is happening is that DMEs are robbing the SD cards out of the machines and then telling people that ResMed no longer ships the machine with a card and then will kindly sell you that SD card they stole out of the machine.

I can't imagine that ResMed would stop including the SD slot ...it would require revamp of whole manufacturing system and why incur the expense.
Besides...not everyone lives where the cellular system works...and some people are going to turn airplane mode on just out of general principle.
Now will ResMed start shipping without SD cards...who knows but so far they don't seem to be omitting the cards.
I think the DMEs are robbing them to resell and make an extra buck. I don't have any proof but I don't really need any given the past history of most DMEs and the lies they tell.
If I remember I will ask my DME the next time I get a mask part...he won't lie to me...has no need to. They are supplying ResMeds right now and he would know.
Believe me, you can bash DMEs all day long & you will never hear me defend them.
They deserve whatever you can dish out.

But, in this case, I think it is ResMed who is the culprit.

In another thread started by someone else, I listed documentation provided by ResMed that ResMed is the one who is in fact NOT providing SD Cards in some instances.
"I" am still not sure which machines come without SD cards.
Don't have time at the moment to find that thread - but I will look for it later.

My DME confirmed that when I picked up my AirCurve 10 VAUTO on 9-15-17.
Had I not already been aware of that practice, my DME confirming it would not have meant squat!
My DME did say however that all AirCurve 10 VAUTOs always come with an SD card.

As for DMEs taking the SD Cards & selling them to someone else later, I can only tell you I have gotten replacement ResMed SD Cards from 2 separate DMEs in my area at NO COST.

They never asked my name or whether I had purchased my machine from them.
I said I needed a replacement SD card & they just gave me another 1

In another thread quite some time back, I commented that "they handed out SD cards as though they were handing out Halloween candy".

Yes, I think that some DMEs would do that!
But, the little money they could make on this would be far outweighed by the negative onslaught they will receive from those who do not get SD Cards with their machines. For that reason alone, I believe most DMEs will not play that game.

SD Card Formatter 5.0.2 https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/format ... index.html

lwieland11

Post by lwieland11 » Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:07 am

Thanks everyone for your replies.

For me, checking the MyAir stats takes about 5 seconds. To use Sleepyhead, which I have great difficulty with perhaps because I have a Mac, it takes me much much longer to read and post the charts if I feel I need help in analyzing the data. It's worth doing if I need help analyzing something. At the moment, my main issue is wearing the mask long enough during the night to even get data.

SunnyBeBe

Post by SunnyBeBe » Sun Oct 22, 2017 2:01 pm

Does anyone know WHO has access to my info with ResMed MyAir? I vaguely recall signing something that the insurance or DME could monitor or confirm my compliance for a trial period, I think 90 days, but, then what? Are they still monitoring me? Does my health insurance check on it without me knowing? Does Lincare? They seem to be rather pre-occupied themselves with all kinds of stuff and confusion. I can't imagine they'd have time to be doing extra work. Just curious if I'm being monitored.
Machine: ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet (contains humidifier)
Nuance Pro Gel Pillow and headgear

robo2084

Post by robo2084 » Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:07 pm

The resmed air mini may certainly be an indicator of things to come - it has no SD card.

Is there any way of getting the DME interface to myair for one’s own data? Say with a doctor’s signature?

Mark55

Post by Mark55 » Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:41 pm

My Airsense10 Autoset did not have an SD card either,...right out of the box from Apria.

As far as the Resmed My Air site, good luck with that. It said I removed my mask 7 times the other night, when I had only done it once, and sometimes my AHI is totally different from what SH and the machine itself says. It never corrected after a day or two either.

I'm really not bothering with it anymore.

TASmart

Post by TASmart » Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:47 pm

I think the data is held by ResMed, not the DME. The DME has access to the data and your Sleep Dr. does if he has paid the access fee to ResMed. The DME can also forward the data to the Sleep Dr. It would be nice to be able to access the online data, but it is not quite as detailed as the data from the SD card.
All posts reflect my own opinion based on my experience and reading.
Your mileage may vary
Past performance is no guarantee of future results
Consult with your own physician as people very

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:09 pm

When they start making cpaps without an sd slot, I will get a cpap that has one--even if I have to buy used.