Resmed My Air

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
lwieland11

Resmed My Air

Post by lwieland11 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:57 am

Hi -

I was looking on Resmed's MyAir this morning for my stats from last night and it only recorded about a half an hour. Should have been about 4.5 hours. Is MyAir ever wrong?

Pugsy

Re: Resmed My Air

Post by Pugsy » Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:15 am

Yep...the website is often wrong but eventually self corrects.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

TASmart

Post by TASmart » Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:16 am

MyAir seems to have a very odd update cycle, based on a throw of the bones and how busy the cellular network is. Look down at the bottom and see when the latest update is, to be sure it got your full night's data.
All posts reflect my own opinion based on my experience and reading.
Your mileage may vary
Past performance is no guarantee of future results
Consult with your own physician as people very

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:09 pm

Why not use Sleepyhead, It's better.
Use data to optimize your xPAP treatment!

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire

TASmart

Post by TASmart » Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:20 pm

For sure, for diagnostic information, either sleepyhead or ResScan is far superior. As a simple motivator to keep the more casual user pumped up about their xPAP experience I suppose that myaire is ok, but you are not going to improve you xPAP performance using it.
All posts reflect my own opinion based on my experience and reading.
Your mileage may vary
Past performance is no guarantee of future results
Consult with your own physician as people very

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:45 pm

OP has SleepyHead and uses it. I have seen the reports.

As to why she wants to use MyAir along with SleepyHead or the data off the machine...does it really matter?

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Gryphon

Post by Gryphon » Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:55 pm

I find my self sometimes referencing it simply because it shows me usage hours... I don't sleep with out my PAP ever so it's a good way to track my actual hours of sleep. I still have insomnia like issues were I don't average good numbers. I'm usually only getting about 6 hours of sleep a night sometimes less. And that's averaging in the weekends were I sleep 8 or 10 hours. It's very very hard to sleep during the week when my sleep cycle seams to be permanently set to midnight or later. I did rather well when I spent a month in the UK so go figure.

As far as My Air in general it can be a bit odd sometimes with how it updates. I've found if I sleep past noon that the time after 12 is counted as an instance. So if I go to bed at 6 am Saturday morning and sleep till like 1:30 that my air will say I only slept for 1.5 hours etc... but it will add up the time from Saturday night to the total for Saturday and correct it self. During the week I'm usually laying down around 12:30 or so and having to get up at 6:45am

The one thing that did drive me a little nuts were the emails I used to get from "My Air" I swear they were copied from a Pre-School teacher in reference to a potty training chart, I think they just substituted the potty references and added CPAP. The emails and encouragement sounded so condescending it was actually quite funny at first then it just got sad. I don't think they're meant to sound condescending but I'm just not sure. The target audience I'm assuming is people over 20 years old right?

I did talk with them over email for quite a while and they were quite interested in this site as far as what kind of reception their MY AIR service was getting. I shared that a lot of people found parts of it useful but that there was quite a lot of us who agreed that the email pep talks were quite silly.

Some of the numbers used to work out your "Score" are a bit arbitrary. If you take the mask off long enough that your machine shuts down to scratch an itch on your nose, even if you've only had the mask on for 45 seconds. It counts that as a Mask on Mask off and docs you. You can't put in your own goals to reach.

So I'm not impressed by the industry standard of 4 hours usage. Then again I don't get enough sleep as I should so if they raised the "industry standard" higher before insurance would pay, I probably wouldn't qualify for my machine - not because I don't use the machine enough but because I don't sleep enough. I just wanted to be able to set my own goals for usage hours and I wasn't able to do that. I average very high scores most of the time even when I'm getting so little sleep so it would just have been nice to be able to set a higher goal for my self to achieve instead of getting a shiny gold start for using my machine for 4 hours a night for a month... yada yada yada...

Rest well.

Gryphon

Passport in-hand

Post by Passport in-hand » Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:50 pm

I've been using Resmed Aircurve VAuto for 6-weeks - and have been registered on MyAir for 4-weeks. My previous device, used for 3-years, was Resmed S9 (only SD card, no cellular comm to MyAir). I've never once had the urge to look at the all the technical data within the SD card - except when I visit my CPAP supplier. The supplier technician reviews the SD card data to assure (1) my device is working properly and (2) that my sleep performance is overall adequate. In all actuality, the only feedback I personally need from my device is "Am I sleeping well?" - and I can assess that the moment I wake up. I personally don't need all the specific data,... until I saw the basic data from MyAir. For the past 4-weeks, since begin registered to MyAir - I now have a wider assessment (albeit simple) of my sleep. Mind you, the data presented is not as elaborate as the other softwares that show graphs, pie-charts, pressures, etc. However, I have been enlightened at the basic data presented. And honestly, I wouldn't know what to do with all that information - other than further confuse me and compound my possible sleep inadequacy.
MyAir data:
Usage Hours: I've been averaging 6.25 to 7.5 hours per night. And to answer the question from the initial thread writer: The sleep hours recorded have been 'spot-on' correct. The evenings that record 5.5 hours or less of sleep only occurs when I'm in bed and watching TV, and I fall asleep without my mask. A few hours into sleep I wake up, most likely from an apnea episode, and place the headgear on.
Mask Seal: Average score is 1.5/8.0 - it rates me as 'good'.
Events per hour: I average 1.3/3.0 per hr. This is the most interesting data point - as it analyses the most important reason 'why I use this device'.
Mask on/off: This has been enlightening - as I've never appreciated the data from a 'mask-off' perspective. I average 1 per night. Every-other-night to use the bathroom and/or unconsciously move my head, slightly knocking the nasal pillow off alignment.
Overall MyAir score: I'm averaging 85-95/100. I'm not quite sure how the formula works but it's an enforcement, a basic data set of your sleep activity.
Q: So, what will I do with this information?
A: probably not a darn thing - other than share the data on this thread. If a negative trend does occur, they I have to make adjustments. But for now the data provide appears to be good!
One more thing to point-out: The MyAir data appears to be collected between 9AM-10AM daily, central time. So for folks with odd sleeping times - that wake up after 9AM, your data points maybe cutting off after such time - giving you incorrect or incomplete information. (My assumption)
RESMED AIRCURVE 10 VAUTO
Nasal: Fisher and Paykel Eson 1
PAP user since 2014

Passport in-hand

Post by Passport in-hand » Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:56 pm

Goofproof wrote:Why not use Sleepyhead, It's better.
FYI: The newer Resmed AirCurve and AirSense devices no longer have the SD card - only cellular comm capabilities to the Resmed mainframe and your supplier's database. The other alternative is using an oximeter. Wearing another device whilst I sleep is something I don't want to do.
RESMED AIRCURVE 10 VAUTO
Nasal: Fisher and Paykel Eson 1
PAP user since 2014

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:01 pm

Passport in-hand wrote:
Goofproof wrote:Why not use Sleepyhead, It's better.
FYI: The newer Resmed AirCurve and AirSense devices no longer have the SD card - only cellular comm capabilities to the Resmed mainframe and your supplier's database. The other alternative is using an oximeter. Wearing another device whilst I sleep is something I don't want to do.
Another Good reason not to buy Resmed products.... Jim

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:01 pm

Passport in-hand wrote:Q: So, what will I do with this information?
A: probably not a darn thing - other than share the data on this thread.
Some people just don't have the need to put the data under the microscope all the time. I am one of those people but then I have been on cpap for over 8 years now and the data is pretty boring.
I don't even have a desire to see the basics which are easily seen on the machine's LCD screen when I get up..which is pretty much what is available on MyAir minus the "scores" for each thing which I don't really care about anyway.
I don't need someone rating anything. I already have a pretty good idea of my own rating.

If someone is doing well and likes what MyAir offers and its sufficient for their needs and there's no real need to put things under the microscope...hey, let them use it. Wanting to do anything is a good enough reason for doing it in my book.
The software is always available should a reason pop up to look deeper.
Now those people who like seeing the details every morning over their coffee...same thing ...if that's what they want to do then that's just fine too.

I think often when someone mentions MyAir people will assume that the software isn't being used at all. Kind of like what was assumed here but the OP also uses the software when she wants to see more details. There's nothing at all wrong with using both if that's what a person wants to do.

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:04 pm

Pile on the Bricks, maybe they will come up with a self driving Resmed XPAP, look Ma, no steering wheel! Jim

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:04 pm

Passport in-hand wrote:FYI: The newer Resmed AirCurve and AirSense devices no longer have the SD card - only cellular comm capabilities to the Resmed mainframe and your supplier's database. The other alternative is using an oximeter. Wearing another device whilst I sleep is something I don't want to do.
I just got a new AirSense 10 and there is a slot for the SD card and it came with a SD card.
And I have an AirCurve device and it also has a slot for the SD card.
Now I have heard some people say that the SD cards aren't being included now but there's nothing stopping someone from just buying their own SD card.

Are you saying that there is no longer a SD card slot???
Or just no longer being supplied with the machine?

Okie bipap

Post by Okie bipap » Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:21 pm

My wife got her new machine the first week of July, and the SD card was in the bag with the machine. It was in a paper folder and had to be inserted into the machine, which the company rep did after he opened the package. It seems some DMEs are keeping the cards instead of putting them in the machines.

Growing old is mandatory, but growing up is optional.

Gryphon

Post by Gryphon » Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:25 pm

When they really start making machines that offer no opportunity for the "User" to access their data I'm going to be very upset and will be letting the companies have it. Then again most of Us I'm sure will be jumping on that little band wagon. Not offering a simple way of accessing data would be unusually petty in multiple ways.

Would have to be a little group of money hungry doctors or DME's who don't like our little group of helpers being able to think for our selves.

In mean time I'm hoping as others have said it's just DME"s pocketing the cards or not including them when they're purchased by patients.

I wouldn't buy a PAP machine if it didn't offer some way for me to access the real nitty gritty data that's recorded each night.