Dreamstation Test Drive

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Neutron Star

Dreamstation Test Drive

Post by Neutron Star » Sat May 13, 2017 8:24 am

I had an excellent AHI with the Resmed Airsense 10 Auto, lower than 1 every night from the first night post sleep study. My sleep study was 24.8 on my side and over 80 on my back. I've never slept on my back unless forced to. In any case although my AHI is very low, I've felt like something has been missing in my therapy as short as it has been. The auto climate feature also works better, I couldn't use it all all on the Airsense.

Since I have to decide on which machine I'm purchasing next week I'm trying the Dreamstation.

After two nights my opinion is that I feel better after a night of using the Dreamstation. I don't know why, but I do. AHI is tge same. I don't like the interface, it seems louder when first starting it up and provides less easily accessible info but ... so far the therapeutic performance "seems" better for me. Different algorithm??

In any case, we'll see if I feel the same way by the end of the week.

I don't really like the machine other than the look, but it seems to work better for me so far.

Neutron Star

Re: Dreamstation Test Drive

Post by Neutron Star » Sun May 14, 2017 6:39 am

It's official, the Dreamstation Auto is working much better for me. I'm falling asleep quicker, I'm completely out all night and I'm more rested the next day.

I don't know why because my AHI was under 1 with the Airsense 10 Auto, but I still felt daft and tired by the afternoon (improvement in other areas). The dream station keeps my AHI slightly better, not by much, but my sleep and long term energy, clarity throughout the day has improved since the first day I switched to the Dreamstation. I'm going to download the data to compare and see if I can spot a difference in how the algorithm handles my sleep.

This result has cone as a pleasant surprise.

chronic

Post by chronic » Sun May 14, 2017 6:48 am

Keep updating, please. I will be getting a dreamstation sometime soon and am interested in what you have to say!

jsielke

Post by jsielke » Sun May 14, 2017 7:45 am

Interesting. I have both the Dreamstation Auto and the Airsense 10. I find my AHI is lower with the Airsense, and I seem to sleep better. I have tried switching back and forth on a weekly basis, but the Airsense edges out the Dreamstation for me. Maybe because my main problem is hypopneas not obstructive apneas?

LSAT

Post by LSAT » Sun May 14, 2017 9:14 am

jsielke wrote:Interesting. I have both the Dreamstation Auto and the Airsense 10. I find my AHI is lower with the Airsense, and I seem to sleep better. I have tried switching back and forth on a weekly basis, but the Airsense edges out the Dreamstation for me. Maybe because my main problem is hypopneas not obstructive apneas?
So you have 4 different machines...Airsense 10 Autoset, Dreamstation, S9 in your profile and System one as your back up?

palerider

Post by palerider » Sun May 14, 2017 10:46 am

Neutron Star wrote:It's official, the Dreamstation Auto is working much better for me. I'm falling asleep quicker, I'm completely out all night and I'm more rested the next day.
alternatively, you're just getting used to cpap, what you describe is what happens to many people as they use their one machine.

only way you'd know is to switch back to the air10 machine to see if it's you, or the machine.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Neutron Star

Post by Neutron Star » Sun May 14, 2017 11:39 am

LSAT wrote:
jsielke wrote:Interesting. I have both the Dreamstation Auto and the Airsense 10. I find my AHI is lower with the Airsense, and I seem to sleep better. I have tried switching back and forth on a weekly basis, but the Airsense edges out the Dreamstation for me. Maybe because my main problem is hypopneas not obstructive apneas?
So you have 4 different machines...Airsense 10 Autoset, Dreamstation, S9 in your profile and System one as your back up?
Don't be a douche. I obviously don't have all those machines though I'm not sure why those are listed. I had an Airsense 10 Auto loaner and I'm trying out a Dreamstation Auto loaner until Friday. Then I'll choose between the two and from the DRASTIC improvement in how I've felt since using the Dreamstation, it's going to be a very easy choice.

My body must really like the algorithm of the Dreamstation. That and the vastly improved humidifier comfort for me seem to be the only thing that changed in 24 hours.

I initially took the Airsense Auto on loan due to review on this board and I wasn't expecting better therapy from the Dreamstation, but I am. I highly recommend folks try both before buying if possible.

palerider

Post by palerider » Sun May 14, 2017 12:07 pm

Neutron Star wrote:
LSAT wrote:
Don't be a douche.
he wasn't even talking to, or about, you.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Sun May 14, 2017 12:08 pm

palerider wrote:
Neutron Star wrote:It's official, the Dreamstation Auto is working much better for me. I'm falling asleep quicker, I'm completely out all night and I'm more rested the next day.
alternatively, you're just getting used to cpap, what you describe is what happens to many people as they use their one machine.

only way you'd know is to switch back to the air10 machine to see if it's you, or the machine.
In the real world it would need to be a blind test. He's already formed a opinion about the machines. The choice of machines would be a lot like masks, one wouldn't fit alls idea of needs, add to that newbies have little experience to draw from. Basically it comes down to feel good, with many variables miss applied. Jim
Use data to optimize your xPAP treatment!

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire

Neutron Star

Post by Neutron Star » Sun May 14, 2017 12:58 pm

Loads of extra data in SleepyHead recorded from the Dreamstation as well. If the machine is collecting more types of data it shouldn't be a huge leap to assume it's algorithm uses this data to make decisions during the night about treatment.

The bottom line is that I feel better all around after switching from the Airsense 10 Auto to the Dreamstation Auto and that is what I want from my therapy. Clear thinking, clear memory, uninterrupted sleep, more energy, healing and prevention ....

snoozysue

Post by snoozysue » Sun May 14, 2017 2:13 pm

I am so disappointed in my Dreamstation machine.

Loud clicking noises after 3 months - given new humidifier - clicking stopped
Again, after approx 3 months loud clicking noises - told by Philips it was a known fault in approx 10% of machines - given new machine
Have had new machine for for a couple of months - now have different clicking sound randomly throughout the night on inhale and exhale (for at least a month) and once again I will need to take it back to the supplier - I am well and truly over it!

D.H.

Post by D.H. » Mon May 15, 2017 11:17 am

Your "slightly" better AHI could be the answer. Obviously, fewer and shorter incidents are healthier than more longer ones. However, they don't really know how many fewer or how much shorter is how much better.

You might be sensitive to even this "marginal" improvement that you report!

Omne

Post by Omne » Mon May 15, 2017 1:13 pm

LSAT wrote:
Why not? I have three- a Dreamstation, an Airsense 10 Autoset and a System One Auto SV. I picked the last two up on Craigslist just to see if they worked better. Both had under 40 hours on them.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Mon May 15, 2017 1:19 pm

Omne wrote: Why not? I have three- a Dreamstation, an Airsense 10 Autoset and a System One Auto SV. I picked the last two up on Craigslist just to see if they worked better. Both had under 40 hours on them.
I have 3 also.
S9 Adapt
PR S1 BiPap Auto model 760
AirCurve 10 ST but using it as a regular fixed bilevel (S mode I guess it is)

Haven't seen a DreamStation yet.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

palerider

Post by palerider » Mon May 15, 2017 9:45 pm

Pugsy wrote:
Omne wrote: Why not? I have three- a Dreamstation, an Airsense 10 Autoset and a System One Auto SV. I picked the last two up on Craigslist just to see if they worked better. Both had under 40 hours on them.
I have 3 also.
S9 Adapt
PR S1 BiPap Auto model 760
AirCurve 10 ST but using it as a regular fixed bilevel (S mode I guess it is)
I've got... er, you probably don't want to know. I've got stuff I should get around to trying to sell