Resmed S9 Elite Teardown with pictures

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Naceur

Re: Resmed S9 Elite Teardown with pictures

Post by Naceur » Sat May 07, 2016 2:43 pm

Thank you for this advice: my CPAP can not start; when I press the start button: the screen lights up but it seems that loop without passing the startup stage ..that you advise me to do ??

klv329

Post by klv329 » Mon Sep 19, 2016 7:31 pm

It looks like the honeycombed 'airflow baffle' in step number 8 is reversed in direction in the elite victim relative to PR's linked pictures of a v-auto victim. But somehow I doubt that it matters.....

palerider

Post by palerider » Mon Sep 19, 2016 7:56 pm

klv329 wrote:It looks like the honeycombed 'airflow baffle' in step number 8 is reversed in direction in the elite victim relative to PR's linked pictures of a v-auto victim. But somehow I doubt that it matters.....
it doesn't... I've checked. internally, the structure is the same in either direction, a smooth bore tube with a honeycomb baffle in the center between the two taps for the flow meter.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

palerider

Post by palerider » Mon Sep 19, 2016 7:57 pm

Naceur wrote:Thank you for this advice: my CPAP can not start; when I press the start button: the screen lights up but it seems that loop without passing the startup stage ..that you advise me to do ??
get your power supply checked.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

doitrightkid

Post by doitrightkid » Sun Dec 18, 2016 3:42 pm

WOW Thank you! You cant know how much this helped me out of a jam my new insurance company cant help whats so ever , I'm having some difficult time locating a new filter housing or holder for this . thank you again. Phil

Post by Guest » Mon Dec 19, 2016 4:31 am

Hey nashbridges those instructions are spot on. Fixed my wife's s9 in a matter of minutes. Don't take any guff from those that can't appreciate proper advise or instruction they could not give or write themselves. One question though does the board need to be powered up while replacing battery I have heard conflicting info about this 50% say just replace, 50% day must have power applied during replacement so you don't lose keep alive voltage? Thanks

JGaspar

Post by JGaspar » Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:43 am

doitrightkid wrote:WOW Thank you! You cant know how much this helped me out of a jam my new insurance company cant help whats so ever , I'm having some difficult time locating a new filter housing or holder for this . thank you again. Phil
Did you mean this? http://www.ebay.com/itm/ResMed-S9-CPAP- ... 1911413446

JGaspar

Post by JGaspar » Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:59 am

Hi everybody!
I did the disassembly, and found my S9 loose on expiratory after assembly, but I tested on barometer and the pressure is OK. I disabled EPR too. Anyone ever noticed the same? Any help?

palerider

Post by palerider » Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:45 am

JGaspar wrote:Hi everybody!
I did the disassembly, and found my S9 loose on expiratory after assembly, but I tested on barometer and the pressure is OK. I disabled EPR too. Anyone ever noticed the same? Any help?
I'm afraid I'm not following exactly what you mean, but I haven't noticed any differences before or after reassembling an S9.

make sure the pcb is seated properly on the three air ports, and that the blower assembly is back together properly, snugly screwed together, and the wires from the blower are exiting the assembly properly (as shown in the disassembly pics)

JGaspar

Post by JGaspar » Fri May 05, 2017 5:48 pm

palerider wrote:
JGaspar wrote:Hi everybody!
I'm afraid I'm not following exactly what you mean, but I haven't noticed any differences before or after reassembling an S9.

make sure the pcb is seated properly on the three air ports, and that the blower assembly is back together properly, snugly screwed together, and the wires from the blower are exiting the assembly properly (as shown in the disassembly pics)
Hi palerider and everybody!
I disassembled and reassembled again. I noticed that the board is 1-2 milimeters up, I think is because of the baffle rubber, when I tighten the screw board, it gets normal. I washed this rubber, I think it needs some oil, silicone to fit better. or something that can fit the rubber on flow sensor better. I think my rubber is like a folded hose now, but I is impossible to see or check after screwed. Any Help?

palerider

Post by palerider » Fri May 05, 2017 7:43 pm

JGaspar wrote: I think is because of the baffle rubber, when I tighten the screw board, it gets normal. I washed this rubber, I think it needs some oil, silicone to fit better. or something that can fit the rubber on flow sensor better. I think my rubber is like a folded hose now, but I is impossible to see or check after screwed. Any Help?
I'm not clear what parts you're talking about.

JGaspar

Post by JGaspar » Sat May 06, 2017 11:06 am

palerider wrote:
JGaspar wrote: I think is because of the baffle rubber, when I tighten the screw board, it gets normal. I washed this rubber, I think it needs some oil, silicone to fit better. or something that can fit the rubber on flow sensor better. I think my rubber is like a folded hose now, but I is impossible to see or check after screwed. Any Help?
"baffle rubber" is the rubber that connect baffle to air flow sensor. I think this rubber is like a folded hose after screwed, but I can't see to check. I think it needs some oil, to fully connection, but what a kind of oil?

palerider

Post by palerider » Sat May 06, 2017 11:19 am

JGaspar wrote:
palerider wrote:
"baffle rubber" is the rubber that connect baffle to air flow sensor. I think this rubber is like a folded hose after screwed, but I can't see to check. I think it needs some oil, to fully connection, but what a kind of oil?
the flow sensor, or the pressure sensor?

I wouldn't use any lubrication *at all* on there, because if you get any liquid fouling the sensors, then that's game over.

JGaspar

Post by JGaspar » Sat May 06, 2017 12:39 pm

palerider wrote:
JGaspar wrote:
palerider wrote:
the flow sensor, or the pressure sensor?

I wouldn't use any lubrication *at all* on there, because if you get any liquid fouling the sensors, then that's game over.
The flow sensor. This rubber that I told is the tunnel rubber of baffle.
I'll just spread oil too thin, not drip.
But what kind of oil will not deteriorate the tunnel rubber?

palerider

Post by palerider » Sat May 06, 2017 2:42 pm

JGaspar wrote:The flow sensor. This rubber that I told is the tunnel rubber of baffle.
I'll just spread oil too thin, not drip.
But what kind of oil will not deteriorate the tunnel rubber?
there are two tubes on the flow sensor, again, I wouldn't put *ANY* oil of any sort on there. it never had oil on it, it shouldn't have oil on it. that's all I'm going to say on the matter.