BMC Machines

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
gman41

BMC Machines

Post by gman41 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:29 pm

Good Day,...New to the forum and would like to open with a kind hello to all.

I have just turned in my Resmed 10 due to insurance issues and need to purchase a machine myself.

Does anyone have experience with this company who seems to make Resmart branded machines in addition to theirs.

https://bmcbmc.aliexpress.com/store/193 ... 3.5.SV6TBO

Julie

Re: BMC Machines

Post by Julie » Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:40 pm

No (tho' others might), but have you looked into Secondwindcpap.com? They have refurb'd machines and masks and are fantastic to deal with... really great (no I don't work there, but have been a customer as have lots others here).

gman41

Post by gman41 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:53 pm

The prices look better at Second Wind and I fell more comfortable doing business in country should there be any problems. These machines from China seem high end. As an owner I do not see the need for any cellular or blue tooth transmission feature since compliance is not checked. I do wonder if I need the other smart features like monitoring events during sleep for any future medical treatment.

palerider

Post by palerider » Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:36 pm

gman41 wrote: I do wonder if I need the other smart features like monitoring events during sleep for any future medical treatment.
if you don't have any data, how will you know if treatment is working, or how to improve it?

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

gman41

Post by gman41 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:42 pm

I would agree...I might need the data, just not the fancy transmission of the cell or Bluetooth.

It looks like Second Wind is selling these BMC machines which they confirm they are Resmart too.

Second Wind recommends the Dream Station and Divilidus in addition to the Resmed line. Any thoughts on this.

sptrout

Post by sptrout » Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:11 pm

I have their CPAP that I later replaced with my ResMed. It does have limited data easily available, and even more when you learn how to get to the doctor's data screen. All data is saved to a SD card and then manually uploaded to their system. Better than nothing, but nowhere near the data capabilities of better machines (why I replaced mine). Very old fashion user interface and not user friendly at all. Their products are cheap for a reason.

Mask Make & Model: ResMed, AirFit P10
CPAP Pressure: 6-9
CPAP Reporting Software: OSCAR/Sleepyhead & SleepHQ

sptrout

Post by sptrout » Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:14 pm

gman41 wrote:I would agree...I might need the data, just not the fancy transmission of the cell or Bluetooth.

It looks like Second Wind is selling these BMC machines which they confirm they are Resmart too.

Second Wind recommends the Dream Station and Divilidus in addition to the Resmed line. Any thoughts on this.
In addition to capabilities, be careful to consider the foot print of the machines. With the humidifier attached, the Dream Station is much larger than the ResMed. Not familiar with the Divilidus.

Mask Make & Model: ResMed, AirFit P10
CPAP Pressure: 6-9
CPAP Reporting Software: OSCAR/Sleepyhead & SleepHQ

Julie

Post by Julie » Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:47 pm

Look at Cpap.com's variety of machines along with pix, reviews, etc etc to get an idea of what's good and current.

Post by Guest » Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:03 pm

gman41 wrote:Any thoughts on this.
I would only get a cpap that is compatible with Sleepyhead. Check Craigslist under "Health & Beauty" but you will need to learn the makes, models, and the features they have, oh and what they are worth. As mentioned cpap dot com can have some good deals and lots of useful info.

You can find new and used cpaps on Craigslist just learn your makes & models and how to check hours of use. Be sure to meet at a place where you can plug into AC power to check all that, like a coffee shop?

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:09 pm

gman41 wrote:Good Day,...New to the forum and would like to open with a kind hello to all.

I have just turned in my Resmed 10 due to insurance issues and need to purchase a machine myself.

Does anyone have experience with this company who seems to make Resmart branded machines in addition to theirs.

https://bmcbmc.aliexpress.com/store/193 ... 3.5.SV6TBO
Are you attempting to compare Apple and Oranges ResMed and Resmart? It appears you are., might have better lick with Potatoes and Tomatoes. Jim
Use data to optimize your xPAP treatment!

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire