New travel size machine- Resmed Air-Mini- coming soon

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Cardsfan

New travel size machine- Resmed Air-Mini- coming soon

Post by Cardsfan » Tue Mar 07, 2017 3:52 pm

I've seen this on the internet. About the only info. I can find is it has been approved for sale and will be available by June 30. Does anyone have any better info, or knowledge of this new machine?
I was looking seriously at the travel size Z1, and almost ordered it. Then I ran across the Resmed Air-Mini and am going to wait...

Pugsy

Re: New travel size machine- Resmed Air-Mini- coming soon

Post by Pugsy » Tue Mar 07, 2017 4:06 pm

I haven't seen anything but the usual press releases "later this year" "would fit in an eyeglass case" type of thing.
There will probably be more information available closer to the release date.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Hannibal 2

Post by Hannibal 2 » Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:19 am

Sounds very interesting! I'll be looking out for that but I wonder how limited in features

Where have you been? It's alright we know where you've been!"
(You've been in the pipeline...)

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:42 am

Hannibal 2 wrote: I'll be looking out for that but I wonder how limited in features
My bet is that added humidity will be limited if there is any at all.
Now they might do some sort of rebreathing filter to capture the moisture in your exhaled breath but I doubt that there will be a water chamber like we are used to.

But you went a long time with very minimal to none humidity and you did "okay" without significant problems so it might work out great for you.
Me...I gotta have my water or else my nose acts up something fierce. I would go without a machine before I would go without the added moisture.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Buddy0329

Post by Buddy0329 » Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:55 am

Last edited by Buddy0329 on Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:01 pm

Buddy0329 wrote:What's the consensus between Philips vs Resmed? Is one clearly better than the other? Is one known to innovate more, provide higher quality units, etc, etc?
Minor pros and cons with either brand. None are deal makers or breakers for most people.
When using the auto adjusting pressure modes in the apap machines the algorithms for the 2 brands are different but the end result is usually same....they just go about it a bit differently.

If using a higher pressure (like in the teens) I personally think ResMed's EPR exhale relief is a little bit better because it offers a little more actual reduction during exhale than Respironics will but it's a small difference and one of those things that's a very minor pro and con. They do the exhale relief differently so it's not a real apples to apples comparison.

I personally have owned both brands and used both brands over the years and in fact right now have a ResMed and a Respironics machine. So if that is worth anything...that's how close they are in performance and quality.
Most people don't get a chance to actually own and use both brands...they usually only get the one the DME is pushing which will be the brand they have the best wholesale contract with.

Hannibal 2

Post by Hannibal 2 » Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:54 pm

Pugsy wrote:
Hannibal 2 wrote: I'll be looking out for that but I wonder how limited in features
Now they might do some sort of rebreathing filter to capture the moisture in your exhaled breath but I doubt that there will be a water chamber like we are used to.

But you went a long time with very minimal to none humidity and you did "okay" without significant problems so it might work out great for you.
Me...I gotta have my water or else my nose acts up something fierce. I would go without a machine before I would go without the added moisture.
I'm impressed that you remember all of my stuff! ....Yes it may just work out great for me, a colleague recently invited me on a bike ride weekend in Belgium, one of the deal breakers (excuses ) was my excess baggage!

Where have you been? It's alright we know where you've been!"
(You've been in the pipeline...)

rich_tweddle

Post by rich_tweddle » Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:11 pm

i was on the trial for this machine! i cant and wont say anything about it. except it was brilliant!! well worth waiting for it to be released! and it was full packed with the usual features

prodigyplace

Post by prodigyplace » Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:17 pm

I got an email to this contest about it a few weeks ago.
https://airmini.resmed.com/?utm_source= ... nouncement

Please visit our sponsor, CPAP.com at https://www.cpap.com/ for all your CPAP needs.

rick blaine

Post by rick blaine » Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:21 pm

ResMed UK e-mailed me about it today.

https://airmini.resmed.co.uk

I don't know if that link will work outside Great Britain. Somebody give it a try ...

palerider

Post by palerider » Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:28 pm

Hannibal 2 wrote:
Pugsy wrote:

I'm impressed that you remember all of my stuff! ....Yes it may just work out great for me, a colleague recently invited me on a bike ride weekend in Belgium, one of the deal breakers (excuses ) was my excess baggage!
I've long suspected that Pugsy's has this huge three ring binder nest her computer, with all our various histories on it.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:28 pm

rick blaine wrote:I don't know if that link will work outside Great Britain. Somebody give it a try ...
The linked worked for me and I am in Missouri.
Wants me to register to see it. or I guess it says "be the first to see it" which I take means probably later and not "see it now".
No thanks...I get enough junk email as it is and don't want anymore.

prodigyplace

Post by prodigyplace » Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:31 pm

Pugsy wrote:
rick blaine wrote:I don't know if that link will work outside Great Britain. Somebody give it a try ...
The linked worked for me and I am in Missouri.
Wants me to register to see it. or I guess it says "be the first to see it" which I take means probably later and not "see it now".
No thanks...I get enough junk email as it is and don't want anymore.
You didn't like my US link??

Please visit our sponsor, CPAP.com at https://www.cpap.com/ for all your CPAP needs.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:33 pm

palerider wrote:I've long suspected that Pugsy's has this huge three ring binder nest her computer, with all our various histories on it.
And I lose my truck keys all the time and can't find crap in my house yet I remember some off the wall history about someone from 6 months ago....something is definitely wrong with this picture.

Right now I can't find the charger for my very special cordless screwdriver that was bought JUST FOR ME...but I didn't use it last and guess who lost the charger because "HE" took it out of MY toolbox where I keep MY tools.
So at least this one isn't my fault...this time.
Guess I will go buy another one and hide it this time.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:41 pm

prodigyplace wrote:You didn't like my US link??
Didn't try it.

Only tried Rick's because he is in the UK and was wondering if we (in the US) could get the link to open.
Sometimes with ResMed (and Respironics) website links they won't work for someone outside the origination country.
I was only checking to see if it would work because he asked...not because I was interested in the Mini...which I am not.
It's not on my hot list of things I want. I can barely get enough humidity now to keep my nose happy and there's no way that little mini will be able to give me anywhere near the humidity my nose needs.

But I just now tried your link...maybe I need to rethink things...I see there is also a gift card for $1,000 being offered....now THAT has my attention.