Res med 10 with no serial number

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
FLGuest

Res med 10 with no serial number

Post by FLGuest » Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:03 pm

I bought a Res Med 10 at a garage sale. It has less than 30 hours on the SIM card. I paid 200.00 for it. The serial number plate was removed. The lady who sold it is in the medical field. She said it was left in a storage facility. Do you think it is HOT? I have one that I'm already using but I was going to use this one when I travel.

hobbs

Re: Res med 10 with no serial number

Post by hobbs » Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:37 pm

If you have to ask . . .

JimW159

Post by JimW159 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:02 pm

FLGuest wrote:I bought a Res Med 10 at a garage sale. It has less than 30 hours on the SIM card. I paid 200.00 for it. The serial number plate was removed. The lady who sold it is in the medical field. She said it was left in a storage facility. Do you think it is HOT? I have one that I'm already using but I was going to use this one when I travel.
If you have SleepyHead, you can load files from the machine to see the serial number.

palerider

Post by palerider » Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:07 pm

JimW159 wrote:
FLGuest wrote:I bought a Res Med 10 at a garage sale. It has less than 30 hours on the SIM card. I paid 200.00 for it. The serial number plate was removed. The lady who sold it is in the medical field. She said it was left in a storage facility. Do you think it is HOT? I have one that I'm already using but I was going to use this one when I travel.
If you have SleepyHead, you can load files from the machine to see the serial number.
and, if you don't, get it.

flguest, which of the nine resmed 10 models did you get?

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:40 pm

Must have fell of the Assy Line, instead of the truck! Jim
Use data to optimize your xPAP treatment!

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire

FlGuest

Post by FlGuest » Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:08 am

JimW159 wrote:
I have Sleepyhead and can see the serial number. I read on another post that I need to erase the old data. I'll read up on that.

FlGuest

Post by FlGuest » Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:19 am

palerider wrote:[quote="JimW159.
If you have SleepyHead, you can load files from the machine to see the serial number.[/quote]
and, if you don't, get it.

flguest, which of the nine resmed 10 models did you get?[/quote]

It is an AirSense 10 AutoSet just like my main machine. It was manufactured one month after my machine was. It has a new case and all the paperwork.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:26 am

I don't know if you ever got the provider/clinical manual for your machine.
If you didn't here it is.
https://sleep.tnet.com/home/files/resme ... -guide.pdf
You have to go into the clinical setup menu area (how to do it is explained in the manual) to get to the menu selection for erasing all the old data that belongs to someone else.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

D.H.

Post by D.H. » Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:13 pm

Removing the serial numbers on cars, aircraft, and sea vessels is highly illegal. I doubt that this is true for CPAPs. I'm not aware of a market for stolen CPAPs.

jtravel

Post by jtravel » Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:26 pm

The Sim card only shows how many hours the the user has been treated. How many hours the Machine has been used is located Under the About Menu inside of the Clinical Menu.
It's odd that they would remove the Serial number sticker. Makes me think it has been registered under Resmed Myair and used to monitor the original patients Treatment.
You need the serial number and DN number on the sticker to register for Myair.
If your not planning to use Myair then it's not a big deal.
If your really worried put it in Airplane mode to turn off the internal cellular modem so that the data is not sent to Resmed.

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:35 pm

D.H. wrote:Removing the serial numbers on cars, aircraft, and sea vessels is highly illegal. I doubt that this is true for CPAPs. I'm not aware of a market for stolen CPAPs.

That fills me with JOY, I feel so much better Now that I am certain you aren't Aware, I thought so, but your confirmation eases my mind... Jim
Use data to optimize your xPAP treatment!

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire

jtravel

Post by jtravel » Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:45 pm

D.H. wrote:Removing the serial numbers on cars, aircraft, and sea vessels is highly illegal. I doubt that this is true for CPAPs. I'm not aware of a market for stolen CPAPs.
It's not a stretch to believe a home of a Cpap user was burglarized then sold to a pawn shop. The original owner may have been on a rental and reported that the Machine was stolen to their DME as well as police and insurance.
If it was registered under Myair and being monitored by the DME then they would have the info to flag it when it was plugged in and started Transmitting cellular data again.
I'm not saying this actually happened but it is a possibility.

D.H.

Post by D.H. » Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:25 am

jtravel wrote:
It's not a stretch to believe a home of a Cpap user was burglarized then sold to a pawn shop. The original owner may have been on a rental and reported that the Machine was stolen to their DME as well as police and insurance.
If it was registered under Myair and being monitored by the DME then they would have the info to flag it when it was plugged in and started Transmitting cellular data again.
I'm not saying this actually happened but it is a possibility.
While I didn't say nobody ever sold a stolen CPAP machine, I'm pretty sure it's quite uncommon. Of course, since this is critical medical equipment for a life-threatening condition, to steal it would be reckless endangerment. Also, should a patient death be traced to such a theft, it's at least manslaughter and possibly even felony murder (death resulting from the commission of a felony). Actually, the theft of medical equipment should be grand theft, regardless of the monetary vale of the equipment.

LoBattery

Post by LoBattery » Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:31 am

If the machine had prior registration on MyAir you will not be able to re register it. I just bought a backup Autosense 10 from a guy who works for a DME with under 1,000 for that price and he clears the serial number on the MyAir registration. I don't see what removing the registration sticker does, you can easily get it in the clinical menu in About. A while back there was a post about taking the machine apart and removing the connector for the cellular module. If you buy a used machine from an actual owner, get the MyAir registration changed to your email before leaving. Certainly make it easier to sell later when you move on to another machine.

Apple's products are also registered with serial numbers and they won't help at all with stolen items. The magic keyboard lock is easy to reset from videos on youtube. No one thinks twice about selling a stolen one on ebay.
Seeing and believing are often both wrong. FOW

crestifer

Post by crestifer » Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:46 am

"I bought a Res Med 10 at a garage sale. It has less than 30 hours on the SIM card. I paid 200.00 for it. The serial number plate was removed. The lady who sold it is in the medical field. She said it was left in a storage facility."

"Do you think it is HOT?"

i think you answered your own question ^^^^^