Do you still Dream?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
kbobtn

Re: Do you still Dream?

Post by kbobtn » Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:28 pm

Definitely more dreams since CPAP!

lazer

Post by lazer » Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:22 pm

Prior to xPAP, I hadn't dreamed in ages. Upon starting on it, I dreamed the very first night (or at least finally knew I was dreaming)... This went on fine for a couple months then around the time I had to do without the machine for a night for another in-home half assed sleep study (which Ironically seems to have finally qualified me for insurance due to my RDI level), the dreams stopped. They are just now sporadically coming back. Some nights I recall them, other nights not a thing.

Sir NoddinOff

Post by Sir NoddinOff » Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:36 pm

I dreamed quite a bit before CPAP and about the same after; ie. six months now. I seem to always dream a ton. Most of them benign with a bad apple thrown in, maybe once a month. Sometimes I wish I didn't dream so much but I guess that's better than not dreaming at all.

I like my ResMed AirFit F10 FFM - reasonably low leaks for my ASV therapy. I'm currently using a PR S1 AutoSV 960P Advanced. I also keep a ResMed S9 Adapt as backup. I use a heated Hibernite hose. Still rockin' with Win 7 by using GWX to stop Win 10.

tamilse

Post by tamilse » Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:33 pm

It is somehow hypothetical question, because everyone use to dream but no one ever remember how their dream started. Some nice thoughts can be seen below, thanks.
justpam wrote:I dreamed quite a bit before CPAP and about the same after; ie. six months now. I seem to always dream a ton. Most of them benign with a bad apple thrown in, maybe once a month. Sometimes I wish I didn't dream so much but I guess that's better than not dreaming at all.

I started dreaming on my second night of cpap. It had been years of no dreams for me. At least none that I recalled. I never woke up with that "had a dream" sensation or memory. Of course in my initial sleep study I had 305 events in 3-1/2 hrs so there wasn't much time for dreaming, I guess. I only know that after 63 days of therapy I'm feeling pretty good and dreaming every night. I hope your therapy gets easier and you find the rest you need. Hang in there.

After I got on the hose, I didn't dream for a long time, either. In the past year, though, I've dreamed (or remembered dreaming) more. Prior to CPAP the dreams I had seemed to be repetitive, frequently involving swimming underwater this is what are dreams and being unable to reach the surface, being trapped below ground, unable to reach the surface, being in a confined space, unable to get out. . . you see a pattern there?

"...a surprise discovery of the recent past: sleep studies have revealed that not only do we dream in REM sleep but during non-REM sleep, as well. And these two dream states may be fundamentally different, affecting us in different ways."

Pam

LSAT

Post by LSAT » Fri Dec 30, 2016 7:05 am

Responding to a 4 year old post..................