No SD Card in AirSense 10

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Pearson28

Re: No SD Card in AirSense 10

Post by Pearson28 » Wed Dec 21, 2016 10:35 am

WRX03 wrote:What area of Virginia are you in?
NOVA - Chantilly area near Dulles Airport.

Additional Comments: No SD Card included - but forum members helped me fix that

Pearson28

Post by Pearson28 » Wed Dec 21, 2016 10:43 am

JimW159 wrote:
Sheriff Buford wrote:I picked up my new AirSence yesterday. The DME gal said Resmed stopped including a card with their machines. I asked why.... she said she didn't know why. I took my card outta' my old S9.
Sheriff
Did they offer to sell you one? This reminds me of the practice of a retailer of tech products breaking up packages and selling the components separately at a substantial improvement in their bottom line.
Yeah no, not at all. The DME seemed a little clueless (Apria managed), but was very helpful and gave me his direct number so I could avoid calling the main number.

But here's their gaffs in the first 1 week:
1. Set me up for a day to go into the office when no one was scheduled to be there
2. Rescheduled me for delivery of equipment to my house before 3pm (I had a late afternoon appt.)
3. Called to say they'd be there before 5. Informed them we agreed before 3pm which they honored.
4. Delivered incorrect mask (was explicitly called out on prescription)
5. Shipped the correct mask 2 days later
6. Mask arrived - no headstrap!

All this has been trivial compared to the 4 months it took me to get to this point!

LSAT

Post by LSAT » Wed Dec 21, 2016 11:44 am

Check with your insurance and see what DMEs are in Network. If you have a copy of your sleep study and prescription, you can go anywhere.

JeffL

Post by JeffL » Wed Dec 21, 2016 5:06 pm

I got the Airsense machine about 3 weeks ago. The cardboard SD card holder was empty, but I found the card was already inserted into the machine.

Krelvin

Post by Krelvin » Thu Dec 22, 2016 4:35 am

Sheriff Buford wrote:I picked up my new AirSence yesterday. The DME gal said Resmed stopped including a card with their machines. I asked why.... she said she didn't know why. I took my card outta' my old S9.
Sheriff
Doubtful, the DME didn't include it. Machines come with the package. DME's like to take it "extra" stuff like the spare filters, basic hose (non-heated) as well.
Current Settings PS 4.0 over 10.6-18.0 (cmH2O) - Resmed S9 VPAP Auto w/h5i Humidifier - Quattro Air FFM
TNET Sleep Resource Pages - CPAP Machine Database
Put your equip in your Signature - SleepyHead v1.0.0-beta-1
Kevin... alias Krelvin

Pearson28

Post by Pearson28 » Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:14 am

LSAT wrote:Check with your insurance and see what DMEs are in Network. If you have a copy of your sleep study and prescription, you can go anywhere.
I called my doctors practice yesterday and asked for the sleep study results and prescription. Hopefully they will produce it and send it on its way.

Pearson28

Post by Pearson28 » Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:20 am

I went through everything sent to me and even looked again in the machine. Definitely no SD card anywhere. Don't really care though. I'll just go pick one up this weekend.

Would a SanDisk - 8GB SDHC Memory Card - Blue for $9.99 at BestBuy do? Nuff storage?

Thanks!

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:37 am

It will work, but the machine will also use a 2G card out of a thrift store camera.
It sounds like someone at Apria is "collecting" SD cards.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Fri Dec 23, 2016 8:30 am

Pearson28 wrote:Would a SanDisk - 8GB SDHC Memory Card - Blue for $9.99 at BestBuy do? Nuff storage?
More than enough storage when in fact 1 or 2 GB is more than enough but it's getting difficult to find the smaller SD cards as everyone is making/supplying bigger cards for pretty much the same cost.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

yaconsult

Post by yaconsult » Fri Dec 23, 2016 3:00 pm

Pearson28 wrote:I went through everything sent to me and even looked again in the machine. Definitely no SD card anywhere. Don't really care though. I'll just go pick one up this weekend.

Would a SanDisk - 8GB SDHC Memory Card - Blue for $9.99 at BestBuy do? Nuff storage?

Thanks!
BestBuy has an 8 GB Kingston for $5 and a 16 GB Kingston for $7: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchpage. ... &keys=keys

Pearson28

Post by Pearson28 » Mon Dec 26, 2016 6:23 pm

Thanks for all the help!!

SD card works great. Installed sleepyhead and imported the last weeks data the next day. I need to go get smart on how to interpret all it shows me.

Thank you all again.

OkyDoky

Post by OkyDoky » Mon Dec 26, 2016 6:35 pm

Be sure to read through Pugsy's tips on Sleepyhead and the links she refers to in the thread. Lots of info there. viewtopic/t88983/Pugsys-PointersSleepyH ... Hints.html
ResMed Aircurve 10 VAUTO EPAP 11 IPAP 15 / P10 pillows mask / Sleepyhead Software / Back up & travel machine Respironics 760

tedtomato

Post by tedtomato » Tue Dec 27, 2016 1:25 am

grayghost4 wrote:there is a small folder in the left pocket of the zipper cover that may have the card in a holder inside it.
I believe all the machines should have the SD card already inserted in the machine. The card holder is just to give the card to the sleep clinic for analysis.

2xRustler

Post by 2xRustler » Wed Dec 28, 2016 4:42 pm

My Airsense 10 Elite was delivered today and it did not come with an SD card. The RT from the DME company stated that they stopped coming with them recently but if the Dr. chooses that form of data collection over the electronic transmission they can get one. I told him that my Dr. told me he needed it on the card and i was told one would be mailed to me.

All the packaging was opened for the first time in front of me, in my home so there is no way it was removed before arrival. It did come with 6 filters, and the standard tubing though I also got the heated tubing because my Dr. prescribed it.

interestingly the Resmed website states that you should only use their cards. While others "may work" they are "not recommended."
I'm glad to know there is a smart bunch of people who have tested this and know that others are just fine

pavelow360

Post by pavelow360 » Thu Dec 29, 2016 5:56 am

I just got mine yesterday. Purchased it online. It came with a card installed and a little plastic sleeve inside a folding card that has directions for using the SD card printed on it. My sleep Dr. requested I send the card to him after two weeks of use, I assume the machine still works without the card installed, is that correct?