Quantcast

Bookmark and Share
General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Mzdocb

Re: Newbie would like to hear success stories, please.

Postby Mzdocb on Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:43 pm

I started seeing a psychiatrist who was double boarded in internal medicine and psychiatry for PTSD. I mentioned one day how late afternoon, at work or with my kids, I would get so angry, and despite going thru the steps I was taught in an anger management course, I could not control myself. She looked at me and said "Something is really wrong with you!" Thanks doc! Well what she then said was you need to be tested for sleep apnea. Which I did, was told it was mild but should try cpap. WITHIN 2 WEEKS I WAS A NEW PERSON! No losing it at work or with my kids. I realized the personality changes in me had been going on for about 8 years, and wished I was diagnosed sooner for the sake of my loved ones. She also tested my thyroid and a bunch of other things under the diagnosis of "Fatigue". Check with your doc there could be other issues. Plus, you don't know if treatment hasn't kept you from developing hypertension, heart attack etc. Also, try different masks, I went from the jumbo face triangle to the nasal pillow. Good luck!

nicholasjh1

Re: Newbie would like to hear success stories, please.

Postby nicholasjh1 on Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:39 am

This is going to sound crazy, but I just met someone that I really like and after we slept in bed together and held each other each while sleeping during the night my machine says no apneas! (though I've been sleeping alone the last 2 nights, we haven't moved in). It could just be a crazy coincidence, but it feels good to have no apneas (still Cpap assisted).
Instead of Sleep apnea it should be called "Sleep deprivation starving of oxygen, being poisoned by high CO2 levels, damaging the body and brain while it's supposed to be healing so that you constantly get worse and can never get healthy Apnea"

Previous

Return to CPAP and Sleep Apnea (CLICK HERE TO READ POSTS)