Did switching from nasal pillow to FFM relieve dry mouth?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
palerider

Re: Did switching from nasal pillow to FFM relieve dry mouth?

Post by palerider » Fri Sep 09, 2016 10:09 pm

mal59 wrote:. I am convinced it is more related to diet or water intake. My last dental checkup ( 3 weeks ago) showed nothing out of the ordinary.
your post is off topic, please refrain from posting off topic posts in this cpap forum, especially when they're not marked as being "OT".

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

sleepychar

Post by sleepychar » Sat Sep 10, 2016 2:35 pm

Thanks, mal59... Pugsy says some people just have more of a tendency to dry mouth than others. I will try the full face mask. I hope it works for me... although part of me will secretly be happy if it doesn't work because then I can just stick with my P10 pillow mask... but if it should help, then that would be a good thing both for comfort and for dental issues...
Previously AirFit P10 for Her mask

Sir NoddinOff

Post by Sir NoddinOff » Sat Sep 10, 2016 5:03 pm

By and large IMO, yes, but new issues can also pop up to complicate things. Why is nothing ever simple

I like my ResMed AirFit F10 FFM - reasonably low leaks for my ASV therapy. I'm currently using a PR S1 AutoSV 960P Advanced. I also keep a ResMed S9 Adapt as backup. I use a heated Hibernite hose. Still rockin' with Win 7 by using GWX to stop Win 10.

klm49

Post by klm49 » Sat Sep 10, 2016 5:38 pm

avi123 wrote:Causes of dry mouth include:

• Side effect of certain medications . Dry mouth is a common side effect of many prescription and nonprescription drugs, including drugs used to treat depression, anxiety, pain, allergies, and colds (antihistamines and decongestants), obesity, acne, epilepsy, hypertension (diuretics), diarrhea, nausea, psychotic disorders, urinary incontinence, asthma (certain bronchodilators), and Parkinson's disease. Dry mouth can also be a side effect of muscle relaxants and sedatives.

• Side effect of certain diseases and infections. Dry mouth can be a side effect of medical conditions, including Sjögren's syndrome, HIV/AIDS, Alzheimer's disease, diabetes, anemia, cystic fibrosis, rheumatoid arthritis, hypertension, Parkinson's disease, stroke, and mumps.

• Side effect of certain medical treatments. Damage to the salivary glands, the glands that make saliva, can reduce the amount of saliva produced. For example, the damage could stem from radiation to the head and neck, and chemotherapy treatments, for cancer.
You left one of Avi, i.e. - Breathing through your mouth

Resmed AirCurve10 Vauto w/humidifier
Amara View mask
O2 - 2-4 lpm

mrbreezeet1

Post by mrbreezeet1 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:58 pm

Okie bipap wrote:I have never been able to use a nasal or nasal pillow mask as I am a mouth breather when I sleep. At first, I had a very dry mouth every night. After starting to use a soft cervical collar, I not longer have that problem. Even with the cervical collar, I still lost air through my mouth once I fell asleep and this would wake me up immediately. I have given up on using anything other than a full face mask.
Okie, do yo find the collar to get too hot ever?
I am finding the chin strap, and the collar, to be too hot and I think it is waking me up.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Okie bipap

Post by Okie bipap » Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:31 pm

I use the collar every night. It gets a little warm in the summer time, but I still wear it because I feel it helps me maintain a low AHI. For the last month my AHI has averaged 0.79, so obviously something is working right.

Growing old is mandatory, but growing up is optional.

mrbreezeet1

Post by mrbreezeet1 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:09 pm

That's good, IDK This one I got off e bay was too small, but I extended the velcro.
But it was too hot one day.
The one night I didn't sleep too bad, no dry mouth, but had somewhat of a stiff neck.
Unless it was too tight.
But I still didn't seem to sleep long enough.
Can't seem to win, but still trying.

mrbreezeet1

Post by mrbreezeet1 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:44 am

mrbreezeet1 wrote:That's good, IDK This one I got off e bay was too small, but I extended the velcro.
But it was too hot one day.
The one night I didn't sleep too bad, no dry mouth, but had somewhat of a stiff neck.
Unless it was too tight.
But I still didn't seem to sleep long enough.
Can't seem to win, but still trying.

last night tried my mask and the chin strap I have, took about 1/2 hr to fall asleep,
then slept another 1/2 hour. ROASTING!!
Had to go Everything !...............LOL
woke up about 8, but mask only back on , too dry of a mouth , after about 1/2 hour.
A fellow had good luck , he had real bad OSA, used breathe right strips , I might try them.
He said he slept about 7 good hours with out a CPAP machine. IDK.
I have my compliance appointment May 1 st, I hope he does more than just see "If I'm wearing it enough"